Cluster test ?

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
When I owned a mopar vehicle there was a series of steps to get all gauges, displays that went through a test. Does our TB have this function or would it need to be done via obd2 program?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Ghost said:
When I owned a mopar vehicle there was a series of steps to get all gauges, displays that went through a test. Does our TB have this function or would it need to be done via obd2 program?

Ah the good old mopar clusters. Remember getting p codes off them? That was sweet.

The only way that I know of is through the tech2.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
You can pull the gauge cluster fuse and that forces the steppers to recalibrate. Front fuse #24 (IPC)

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
the roadie said:
You can pull the gauge cluster fuse and that forces the steppers to recalibrate. Front fuse #24 (IPC)

Sorry n00b here, is the fuze under the hood or under the rear seat ?

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
the roadie said:
Front is my subtle technical shorthand for the fuse block under the hood. :wink:

A short visit to the Owner's Manual would show that rear fuse #24 is really a big-ass relay labeled UNLOCK. :no:

Real quick cause I am looking at it now #24 = ipc/dic (10a).

Just pull it reinsert start truck.....? Or pull it while its running ?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Pull it for 30 seconds with the power off. Reinsert it. Go in and turn the ignition on. If I'm right, the gauges will all spin and whir and you'll get $3000 worth of quarters falling out of the ash tray door.

If I'm wrong, go get a Tech II and don't whine. :rotfl:

You haven't said WHY you think this process will fix anything.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
the roadie said:
Pull it for 30 seconds with the power off. Reinsert it. Go in and turn the ignition on. If I'm right, the gauges will all spin and whir and you'll get $3000 worth of quarters falling out of the ash tray door.

If I'm wrong, go get a Tech II and don't whine. :rotfl:

You haven't said WHY you think this process will fix anything.

Two reason's. Gas gauge has a mind of its own.

Second, I wanted to watch it do a auto diagnosis... again only tried it on mopar produkt.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online