Climate control problem after changing back light bulbs.

Mypetropig

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Recently I replaced the bulbs in my manual climate control. Now I get heat from right side dash vents. I searched and thought that is could be the temp blend door for that side. Before I ordered the replacement I tried the reset. I could hear that actuator moving but figured it failed. Replaced it to no avail. Is it possible that I screwed something up when replacing the bulbs and should now be looking for a replacement control? Is there something else I could try?
Btw, 03 Trailblazer LS 4.2 manual controls.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

Mypetropig

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
By this do you mean to say that the climate control is FUBAR?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Might be the way you pulled the knobs from the slides. They're not easy to remove, requiring drilling or something like that. Found this old post of @Blckshdw :

Mypetropig

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
I was concerned about that also so I picked up a couple "knobs" for the slides at the bone yard and cut the original off with a dremel. I even covered the openings with tape so debris wouldn't enter. The temp blend actuator I installed was an AC Delco. Found the p/n by looking through old posts. I just don't want to throw out money for a climate control module if it could be something else. Idk!

Mypetropig

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Noticed today that all vents blow cold when recirculate is on but passenger blows hot when it's not on. Ideas?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Maybe something did happen during the LED conversion. Might be worth it to try another module from the boneyard.

Mypetropig

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Thats kinda what I'm thinking. It's just been acting really weird lately.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online