Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I think the "Fried Food Expert" label gives them instant credibility! :rotfl:

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Anything in moderation :confused:

It is good on a surprising number of things and I seem to use less due to more flavor...or at least I can justify it that way right :raspberry:

I have not used my deep fryer since trying this clean eating and it is tough not to fry up wings and jalapeno poppers. Sauce is great with both. :thumbsup:

Inert_Static

Jun 22, 2013
I guess ill jump in on this. I have been eating clean for about 1 month now. Down about 7 lbs. I was up to my heaviest weight of 218, and the wife and I decided to do something about it. My last semester in college was pretty brutal. We ate out a lot!!! Both decided to clean it up a bit.

What we do is prepare a protein and then eat veggies for the rest of the meal. We are pretty lenient on the protein, and that keeps it interesting.

For breakfast I do have the "Organic" protein powder from Costco. My wife did the research and its active ingredient and other ingredients are comparable to the shakology which is a ton more expensive.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Another successful crock pot entry for me, Saturday I decided to try making pulled chicken tacos, and it came our really well. About 3 lbs of chicken breasts, sprinkled 1 packet of taco seasoning over them, then pour 1 jar of salsa over all that and let it cook for 6 hours.

Did a little remix on this meal. Used 2 packets of taco seasoning (since they are meant for 1 pound of meat, and I had 3 pounds) Instead of regular salsa, went with extra chunky, and used a couple of mesh strainers to press some of the water out of it before throwing it in the crock pot. Came out really good, a little more flavor in the meat from the extra seasoning, and able to get more of the salsa ingredients into the taco, since there wasn't as much water in the pot.

I need to get back on the ball. Due to a recent relapse with my sweet tooth, I've gone back up over the 200 mark. No bueno. And with the holiday season almost here, that's not gonna help either.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
First things first, I love bacon. Before Thanksgiving, I hit the grocery store, and they were out of my 2 favorite cuts. Oscar Meyer thick cut, and lower sodium. I had tried some of the other brands they carried, but I didn't like them enough to switch, so I went without. Fast forward to after the holiday, back to the store, same thing. :mad: But they did have Oscar Meyer turkey bacon.

:undecided: Meh, I know it's supposed to be a better alternative, so we'll try it one time. Last night, didn't have much for dinner so made breakfast instead. Scrambled cheesy eggs and bacon. Was initially surprised at not having any grease in the pan (or all over the stove for that matter) to deal with after cooking it, although on 2nd thought it made sense. There's the health benefit right there. :lightbulb:

Wasn't really sure how long to cook it, but safely guessed to stop when the edges started to crinkle with a slight char. Came out tasting really good, and was pleasantly surprised. Also was nice not having to deal with bacon grease cleanup and disposal. This will be a permanent diet change. :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I always seem to burn it. Its not bad though really.

I had a decently clean meal yesterday via crockpot. Diced turkey thighs, peppers, onions, cauliflower, broccoli and some soy sauce and a packet of bourbon chicken seasoning mixed into a cup or so of water. came out pretty tasty but some of the veggies were over done.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I always seem to burn it. Its not bad though really.

That was my worry. I like my bacon crispy, which can easily mean burnt if you don't pay attention. The strips shrank in size rather quickly, but they didn't curl up at all, and I cook it by visual cues. :worried:

Diced turkey thighs, peppers, onions, cauliflower, broccoli and some soy sauce and a packet of bourbon chicken seasoning mixed into a cup or so of water.

Hmm, that sounds pretty good too. May have to borrow that one sometime. :yes:

shrek77

Mar 30, 2012
PhotoGrid_1450877064271.jpg OK guys. January 1st 2015 I started my new years resolution to loose weight. I went from 397 down to almost 240. Loosing 155 pounds. Lots of walking and counting calories. No Drs or weight loss crap.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
10.gif
Man that's awesome work and committment!! Congrats on a great accomplishment!

Reactions: shrek77

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Well Done!

Reactions: shrek77

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
First things first, I love bacon. Before Thanksgiving, I hit the grocery store, and they were out of my 2 favorite cuts. Oscar Meyer thick cut, and lower sodium. I had tried some of the other brands they carried, but I didn't like them enough to switch, so I went without. Fast forward to after the holiday, back to the store, same thing. :mad: But they did have Oscar Meyer turkey bacon.

:undecided: Meh, I know it's supposed to be a better alternative, so we'll try it one time. Last night, didn't have much for dinner so made breakfast instead. Scrambled cheesy eggs and bacon. Was initially surprised at not having any grease in the pan (or all over the stove for that matter) to deal with after cooking it, although on 2nd thought it made sense. There's the health benefit right there. :lightbulb:

Wasn't really sure how long to cook it, but safely guessed to stop when the edges started to crinkle with a slight char. Came out tasting really good, and was pleasantly surprised. Also was nice not having to deal with bacon grease cleanup and disposal. This will be a permanent diet change. :thumbsup:

have not tried turkey bacon yet. but wife wife uses ground turkey in a lot of dishes instead of ground beef.
Lasagna, stuffed peppers etc. if it calls for ground beef, she uses ground turkey.
even have turkey sausage. (precooked, frozen like Jimmy Dean's)
Monday had a recipe with turkey kielbasa.
really can not taste the difference. the only thing i'm picky on is turkey burgers.
the ground turkey has to look like it just came out of the grinder. not the ground turkey that comes in a prepackaged tube. it's too finely ground and does not have good texture for a burger.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Decided today that im going to modify my diet a little. Keeping breakfast and lunch the same. Sausage, egg, biscuit and coffee from my favorite gas station for breakfast and what ever fast food for lunch. Mainly chicken nuggets. Absolutely no fries or soda. Unsweet tea or water to drink. Figure i will burn the calories off at work. Dinner is going to be a big change because i really do not do much after work. Why take in 1000+ calories in one meal then sit on my ass. Bought a salad from mccallister's deli today but im going to start making my own using mccallister's for ideas because their salads are the shit. Got a pecan berry salad today. The strawberry drizzle set it off.

20160713_185037_zpsbcx2jgjo.jpg

Reactions: mrrsm and Blckshdw

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Went to walmart and walked around the food section for a while looking for, organic fruits, vegetables, and read the ingredients for everything else staying away from preservatives and sugar. My family can not believe that "Mr eat a large philly cheese steak pizza by himself" is giving clean eating a try. The preparation begins. Already hungry. Just wanted to post up before i got started.

20160714_183255_zpsngnp7uy1.jpg

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Went ahead a chopped everything up that needed to be chopped and was kinda eating it as i chopped it up. No longer hungry so come tomorrow the only preparation i have to do is put it all in a bowl and enjoy. If i get hungry later i will just eat a couple pieces of broccoli. Planned on it being five days worth of dinner when i picked everything up but it may stretch a little longer if it does not go bad.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online