Cheap 5.7 stroker recommendations

HondaBoi

Original poster
Sep 13, 2022
IOWA
I got my 5.3 out after having it never run right once since I had put it back together. I massaged the AFM DOD systems, knowing it was not a good situation quality wise, but i wanted those features. Regardless, the AFM DOD lifters had the nerve to fail catastrophically all inside my engine despite me following the guidelines of the manual they came with.
I still care about the turtles and what not, but not enough to try to put AFM DOD bits back in this thing.

And for my trouble I want more power this time.

My crank was damaged, savable, but will need some elbow grease tlc or even machine shop love. At first i wanted a mild cam, but after getting the engine apart, my thought is to get a stroker kit make it 5.7. My pistons weren't perfect anyway I dont plan on dogging it a ton, I just want more than stock power for funsies.

What do y'all recommend as a cheap way to kit it out to be a 5.7? Preferably leave everything else alone engine side besides afm dod delete.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
You'd be better off finding a 6.0 or 6.2 block. The machine work needed to make a stroker work in a 5.3 block isn't going to be cheap.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That's my thought too. Never heard of a 5.7 LS stroker so it can't be a popular mod.

HondaBoi

Original poster
Sep 13, 2022
IOWA
Yeah after some looking into it, it is not a super popular mod, most people who go that route end up just boring it out too. Matt Happle did a Stroker with stock bore with an LM7 or something like that for shiggles and summit gave him free money.

Like would anything stop me from piecing together a crank, rods, and maybe some fresh stock pistons, hitting it with a dingle berry harbor freight honer and slapping it back together?

HondaBoi

Original poster
Sep 13, 2022
IOWA
I answered my own question, its money, the kit i want does exist, they just doesn't come in under 1000 dollars flavors.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger

Members Online