Can't we all just get along?!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It was certainly not added after.

I will take any repercussions the other staff feels warranted.

Reactions: dmanns67

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
DAlastDON said:
... i get the feeling from a couple of posts that i am the chaos of GMTnation causing it to tear at its seam. It is an awful feeling. ...When was the second rule added under Etiquette, Conduct, & Professionalism? Before or after the for sale thread in question? ...
I can guarantee that some sort of minor drama flares up monthly, but compared to other forums, there is actually a volunteer fire department on duty 24/7 that arrives very quickly. I've been administering BBS and Usenet newsgroups back to 1983. There's nothing new being invented nowadays I haven't seen a hundred times before.

That said, this was a bit unusual, but the culture of "true believers" like us gets a bit prickly when somebody's trying to sell their truck and declare their disloyalty for the marque. At least we want to believe we have the best truck in the world, even if it's a massive compromise on many fronts. Somebody selling theirs threatens that complacency a bit, like somebody challenging your manhood - you defend it with a little extra vigor than if somebody challenged your choice of socks or hat. So that's why the classifieds sometimes generate a bit more heat when there's a truck involved than if it's an ATV or a CB radio or the like.

The rules haven't been touched perhaps ever since we started the site three years ago, and they had been carefully evolved for the previous six years at trailvoy. Where else would you EVER see lifted and lowered vehicles together at meets and their owners becoming friends? I liken it to an oasis in Africa, where around one watering hole, lions can have a truce with the gazelles and tigers. The community thrives and grows like a good marriage, when people care for it and each other, and we talk out our issues and don't sweep them under the rug.

Now everybody go out and be excellent to each other. :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The_Roadie said:
Now everybody go out and be excellent to each other. :biggrin:
Love it!

Reactions: dmanns67

808_LS_EXT

Aug 28, 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D85yrIgA4Nk

Reactions: Texan and dmanns67

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
sooo... i was just looking at that 04tb sale thread...

hardtrailz is essentially post whoring in there

not that i give a shit but weren't we just saying the post whoring outside of off-topic was getting out of hand?

maybe the mods should set a better example?

Reactions: Dad-O-Matic

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
jimmyjam said:
sooo... i was just looking at that 04tb sale thread...

hardtrailz is essentially post whoring in there

not that i give a shit but weren't we just saying the post whoring outside of off-topic was getting out of hand?

maybe the mods should set a better example?
How is it post whoring?

Reactions: Denali n DOO

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Ok. I'm as guilty as anyone else of posting questions or ideas in the whore threads. I'll create threads and then mention or link them if I want them known in the whore threads.

To anyone who felt slighted or disrespected in any of these threads - I, and I know most others, are sorry that we made you feel that way. Know it was not our intention to belittle, harass, or otherwise cause grief. Going forward we hope you'll join us in those threads. It's how we get to know each other a little better. Those threads are like Cheers Bar. Of course, if you're at a bar where everyone knows your name, you've probably got a drinking problem. But if you're in these threads and everybody knows your name, you're in good company.

Try to let any hard feelings go. And when you get a chance, head over to the meets threads. I think that would help any and everyone.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ultra...good

Members Online