Can't we all just get along?!

RayGumm

Original poster
Apr 16, 2014
Look, I know that this is just INVITING trolling, bashing, fighting, name calling, anger, disrespect, and immaturity but come the eff on, guys! What the hell happened to GMTNation in the past month or so? Animosity runs rampant.. attacks on noob members.. whores vs mods... people gettin butt - hurt over simple stuff... I mean come on! Are we really all just a bunch of 13 year old boys playing Call of Duty and screaming YOLO!!?

I think not.

Let's grow up, guys. Lurkers, whores, regulars, mods, noobs.. everyone. Please. For the sake of GMTNation.

That is all.

:grouphug:

NOTE: admins feel free to lock/delete if found inappropriate. Only hoping to incite real, meaningful, mature discussion here. If it goes off the rails, kill it and forget I said anything.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
AMEN!! I was insanely bashed when I started hanging out over here in the off topics. I found it a little disrespectful, especially when the moderators added. I know it's the off topics but, is this really the way to welcome a new guest?

Reactions: BlazingTrails

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
How were you bashed r1894 did I miss something?

I have noticed some people have been pretty ill lately, not sure why. I'm not upset about anything, but I did think that the 04tb sale thread got very out of hand. I hope it is deleted.

Reactions: Mounce

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
r1894 said:
AMEN!! I was insanely bashed when I started hanging out over here in the off topics. I found it a little disrespectful, especially when the moderators added. I know it's the off topics but, is this really the way to welcome a new guest?
Really? What did I miss :undecided: I know I love seeing new members post in the off topic threads. More posts and another member to get to know.

Other than the 04 TB sale thread getting out of hand, what else has been going on? Scavenger hunt today for a couple posts :crazy:

Seems some people have a bad day and post when they are pissed or are way too sensitive/serious for an online forum.

Others have openly admitted they are just an asshole by nature, so their posts could be taken out of context.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'm sure he's talking about "bubba."

Ryan, none of that was serious, I didn't participate in it but I can tell you no one meant harm by that. The off-topic threads are all fun and games, not meant to be taken seriously, that's why we say such outlandish things, we know each other is joking.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
:confused:

I did not see any bashing either.

Who is bubba? I thought when they said Ryan they were talking about Aarkon :confused:

That thread was a pure definition of :nonsense: Nothing posted in that thread should be taken seriously at all.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I also thought the Ryan being referenced in that thread was Aarkon....

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
dmanns67 said:
:confused:

I did not see any bashing either.

Who is bubba? I thought when they said Ryan they were talking about Aarkon :confused:

That thread was a pure definition of :nonsense: Nothing posted in that thread should be taken seriously at all.
Bubba is some hillbilly or something that explored Ryan's (r1894) anal cavities a few times lol. When they said Ryan they weren't talking about Aarkon. R1894 asked for them to stop once and they didn't so I can almost understand how he could merely be upset. But it's true, that thread is pure nonsense and nothing was meant in there.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
This is nothing. You should hear the bs tossed around my bar or in the garage.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
My thoughts are with what DDonnie said... I havent logged on much lately either, and things here still seem fine to me... You guys want to talk about butt hurt and not getting along, take a peek at ssowners. Now that place is full of a**holes and post whores galore who add absolutely zero value to any threads that they post in, and mods don't filter/regulate threads like over here. For those very reasons, is why I made an account at the OS to begin with all those years ago and why i stay here instead of over there. Sure there is more info that is SS/Motor specific over there, but this place is much more peacful and 9 times out of 10 can answer the questions that I've had over the years until i learned on my own.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Boricua SS said:
My thoughts are with what DDonnie said... I havent logged on much lately either, and things here still seem fine to me...
I am on everyday and things still seem fine to me too.

We had a disagreement in two threads yesterday/today out of thousands and all of a sudden GMTN forum and culture is tainted and no one gets along :confused: :crazy:

I dont get it.

You are right about SSowners. If you want to see some assholes, start browsing through the threads over there. If your forum has so many scamming members that you need an entire section for all of the threads, you have failed :duh:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Things went way south the moment DalastDon of whatever his name is got into those threads...:blinkhuh:

808_LS_EXT

Aug 28, 2014
I quickly lost entusiasm for this site.

.... but I will stick around and share stuff I feel would be helpful,,, especially to newbies.

BlazingTrails said:
I saw that. Grow some skin brother. Straight ignorance in that thread not to be taken even remotely serious....
^^^ Pot calling the kettle black...

BlazingTrails said:
...... Did you just attack me for posting a funny video where they mentioned research and development? And you don't like my SIG because there were allegations 100 years ago that bill Cosby raped women? Wow I found your response offensive..very.
^^^ Seemed quite thin skinned to me.

808_LS_EXT

Aug 28, 2014
... and on that "04 TB For Sale" thread,

I too was quite shocked by the "rape" comment made by HARDTRAILZ.
Sure, in the end, your "tough-love" reasoning pulled your head out of your ass.
However, accusing the guy of wanting to stick his problems up someone else's ass was not cool.

This is America, dude... we can name whatever selling price we want on our possessions.
If it is so offensive to you when a member overprices an item for sale, then maybe you should moderate that thread by having the seller clear the asking price with YOU first.

Obviously the 04TBowner is naive with the whole sale/trade-up biz...
He started that thread to look for a way out of a hole.
He proceeded to ask for help…
not to be ridiculed… not to be kicked while he was down..

I give him props for putting up with it...
either he is very forgiving or numb.

_________________________________. Go ahead HARDTRAILZ, you can have the last word here.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Wow! Did this thread really need to be started? Did it really need to be taken to the extent that it has? If you are having issues with someone take it offline and PM them. If that goes south or is ignored contact a mod or administrator.

For the most part the members do a great job in the self-policing of the site. The staff keeps an eye on things within the threads, if it is too far out of line we take care of it.

RayGumm

Original poster
Apr 16, 2014
Sorry guys. I guess my perception of what's going on here may be skewed a little given that I don't get on as much as I used to back when I joined.

When I joined, I received nothing but warm welcomes and sage advice. I made a few noob faux pas posts and received no bashing, or attacks, or any of that.

But I have noticed in the last few weeks that there has been something of a spat between some members here and there, mostly between off - topic folks and not. Then yesterday I read through that thread where the TB was overpriced and was absolutely floored by the outright attack on the OP for being, in my opinion, nothing more than naive, slightly inappropriate noob. Sure, this is America, say what you want, but I guess I am confused why it went so damn sideways.. and from a mod, no less.. we are all urged to keep it appropriate and to attract new members, not attack them rather inappropriately and scare them off entirely (which I hope isn't the case).

If the thread was THAT bad and the OP was in the wrong, just lock the thread and follow up with a PM.. no need to wage an Internet 'youtube comment style' battle...

I have no issues whatsoever with anyone personally here. I have never fought or perpetuated animosity that I am aware of. If this thread or my posts therein have offended anyone, I apologize. I just think that all of us.. everyone here.. needs to just take a step back, look at how we respond to people, and tweak if necessary.

I understand that this is an open Internet forum and as such will evolve and change immensely as time goes on. I guess my perception of how it's gone in recent weeks is that it's started to go south slowly, climaxed by that stupid 'for sale' thread. I hope those kinds of attacks and that kind of treatment of new members is not commonplace. I mean maybe it is and I just didn't receive any when I joined and have been too oblivious since then to notice.. but I hope not.

Again, sorry for stirring the pot, gentlemen, but I do, or at least did, think that this thread would be a good idea to provide a place for everyone who might have an opinion one way or another about said State of The Forum to air their thoughts.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I agree that FS thread went way overboard.

That's really all I've noticed but I'm not in all the threads.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
RayGumm said:
NOTE: admins feel free to lock/delete if found inappropriate. Only hoping to incite real, meaningful, mature discussion here. If it goes off the rails, kill it and forget I said anything.
I think you have a valid point to make in public. There are many discussions that happen at the staff level that don't get mentioned in public, but half of those discussions start with a "report this post" button press. Unless I was sleeping or busy with my recently-injured wife, I don't recall a report.

r1894 said:
The off-topics seem to have taken over as some sort of clubhouse for insiders. I rarely go in there (which is perhaps why the culture changed?), but when I do lately, I see a lot more daily chat, truck discussion, and even modification discussion. That ain't right. Guys - please cut it out and talk about stuff that could benefit all the members in regular threads. I don't want to roll a grenade in there. Or do what we had to do at Trailvoy and make the Intro thread stop incrementing the post counter because people started using it for one-word whore replies instead of sincere welcome messages.

djthumper said:
Wow! Did this thread really need to be started? Did it really need to be taken to the extent that it has? If you are having issues with someone take it offline and PM them. If that goes south or is ignored contact a mod or administrator.

For the most part the members do a great job in the self-policing of the site. The staff keeps an eye on things within the threads, if it is too far out of line we take care of it.
Thanks Larry. And a reminder for everyone - the "report this post" button is not a tattletale alert. Trust the staff to evaluate the situation and do the right thing. We are absolutely LOATH to issue a rare warning point or the even more rare ban. It signifies a failure of collegiality. We take pride in the community spirit here, but it's not generated by staff. It's generated by YOU GUYS.

Boricua SS said:
...You guys want to talk about butt hurt and not getting along, take a peek at ssowners. Now that place is full of a**holes and post whores galore who add absolutely zero value to any threads that they post in, and mods don't filter/regulate threads like over here.
dmanns67 said:
You are right about SSowners. If you want to see some assholes, start browsing through the threads over there. If your forum has so many scamming members that you need an entire section for all of the threads, you have failed :duh:
This is HILARIOUS. Tony sold out his members to Vertical Scope a short while ago and seems to be keeping it a huge secret. Karma is a BITCH and the members there are about to be force-fed so many ads they will think they're on Facebook or something. SSOwners is fucked and they have no idea yet. I can't imagine a more fitting end to a collection of bozos like that.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
808_LS_EXT said:
I quickly lost entusiasm for this site.

.... but I will stick around and share stuff I feel would be helpful,,, especially to newbies.
Man I hope you stick around. I think I counted 3 or 4 new/unique mods from you in a very short time here. As you probably know, us TB/EV owners don't get much aftermarket support so seeing new mod ideas is always awesome.

RayGumm said:
Again, sorry for stirring the pot, gentlemen, but I do, or at least did, think that this thread would be a good idea to provide a place for everyone who might have an opinion one way or another about said State of The Forum to air their thoughts.
It's all good man. I don't keep up with the OT/whore threads so I don't know who is ok with busting balls and who isn't. I rely on user reported content for things in those threads that need to be reviewed and/or cleaned up.

The best thing that anyone can do if they have an issue or see a thread get out of hand is report it. When content is reported, I get a message here, an email, and a rough collie comes into my home and starts barking. This system works very well and allows issues to be handled quickly.

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
Wow is it just me or everyone has developed really thin skin lately? Half the time it's all in good fun and no one means any harm. I plan to stick around due to the "friends" I've developed around here and the awesome help and mods.

808_LS_EXT

Aug 28, 2014
xm4j6s.jpg

... when instigating an argument

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
I haven't been around as much as usual, I really must have missed this stuff.

I get annoyed easily but tend not to show it, if I know I can't resist showing it I tend just not to reply at all. That's what I try at least. Works out pretty okay.

Maybe everyone's on edge because the media is blaring EBOLA THIS EBOLA THAT 24/7. No, it's not an epidemic here, it's a few sporadic cases mainly from people who were over in Africa to begin with, as always the media will trump up whatever keeps butts in seats and television channels locked in (to get that sweet advertising dollar).

And there's as far as 90% of my off-topic rants get.

Reactions: Mounce

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
IllogicTC said:
I haven't been around as much as usual, I really must have missed this stuff.

I get annoyed easily but tend not to show it, if I know I can't resist showing it I tend just not to reply at all. That's what I try at least. Works out pretty okay.

Maybe everyone's on edge because the media is blaring EBOLA THIS EBOLA THAT 24/7. No, it's not an epidemic here, it's a few sporadic cases mainly from people who were over in Africa to begin with, as always the media will trump up whatever keeps butts in seats and television channels locked in (to get that sweet advertising dollar).

And there's as far as 90% of my off-topic rants get.
You are not around and thought this added to a sensitive topic... maybe you should attend more meetings round here.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
I saw this thread when the OP first posted it and thought to myself that those two threads and myself would be brought up here. I wanted to see how it would pan out before i put my $0.50 in. I'm more of a lurker anyway. I mainly browse and search. I have been on a few message boards before this one. One thing i never bothered to read are the forum rules on any message board. I just read the forum rules for this site. I apologize for not using the report button. I did not realize it was it was to the left of the multiQuote button. It doesn't look like a button until you have the mouse pointer over top of it. I should have used it instead of the post. I would just be the rule police in the scavenger hunt thread that wants to follow the rules in the original post of the thread. But instead i get the feeling from a couple of posts that i am the chaos of GMTnation causing it to tear at its seam. It is an awful feeling.

This is a diverse group that ranges from lowered to lifted. Young to old. Deep pockets to just getting by. More than ready to help one another. Big hearts from nearly every walk of life. I like that culture. I want to be part of it.

But there is also the "Tough Love" i see that is talked about here and there. I support it in a constructive, tact, form. Any thing but that was used in that for sale thread. I have nothing against you HARDTRAILZ at all. I find most of your off the wall posts funny. Just not the ones in the beginning of the for sale thread.

Despite the fear of being labeled the rule police of GMTnation. A few forum rules were broken. I apologized for breaking mine and am well versed with them. I do not wish to see any repercussions taken towards myself or HARDTRAILZ, outside of coaching, for the violations of the rules. Rules keep order. Bottom line.

I do have a question about the rules. When was the second rule added under Etiquette, Conduct, & Professionalism? Before or after the for sale thread in question? It has got to be a coincidence. Everyone should check out the rules. Not meant to pour salt in an open wound by any means. I got a good LOL out of it after the drama. No ill feelings from me from the beginning and moving forward.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesussaves

Members Online