Canadian TBSS owners be warned!

Denis7966

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
Just came across this article today Top 5 most-stolen vehicles in Canada.
Apparently the 2006 TBSS 4-door 4WD is the 5th most stolen vehicle in Canada :missing:. So for all you 2006 TBSS Canadian owners out there - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I figure I'm in the clear with my 2007 LS. I guess when it comes to thieves, Less Stuff is just not as appealing :no:

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
They could of at least put the right picture in the article.. The LT and SS are not the same lol.

Denis7966

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
I know. It's the first thing I noticed after reading the discription. Most likely the first thing ALL TB owners will notice.
You have to admit though - it is a nice picture.

muddy tires

Dec 5, 2011
Something doesn't measure up. There are so few 2006 TB SS's and 2002 Escalade EXT's on the road that a huge percentage of them would have to be stolen to compete against the larger volume cars like the Civic or minivan.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't think there's a huge market for stolen minivans :biggrin:. I should be OK with my old rusty EXT. The HU is worth more than the truck :rotfl:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Mooseman said:
I don't think there's a huge market for stolen minivans :biggrin:. I should be OK with my old rusty EXT. The HU is worth more than the truck :rotfl:

Around here I'd say any GM pick up or suv with a V8 is a hot commodity. We had 6 stolen one saturday morning from 6 different locations around town within a few hours. stolen at big box stores, malls and hotels. They even stole a Escalade from my dealership during renovations. I hear the go to an Indian reserve to be parted out, a lot of money made on high end components and V8 engines. I bet some people even go to forums to part them out......ya think?

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
I hear the go to an Indian reserve to be parted out, a lot of money made on high end components and V8 engines. I bet some people even go to forums to part them out......ya think?

So I guess don't buy any parts from Canadians on the forums Eh?:raspberry:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Phantom said:

No, thats not what I'm saying, Harmless still needs to sell the Cargo Shade!!! Don't buy parts from scammers on forums that only show up to sell something and then go away, they could be selling you parts from stolen trucks, Canadian or American...

Denis7966

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
Phantom said:

Oh crap! I probably just ruined my chances of selling my slightly malfunctioning DIC. :bonk:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Denis7966 said:
Oh crap! I probably just ruined my chances of selling my slightly malfunctioning DIC. :bonk:

If your DIC is malfunctioning you're at the wrong forum:biggrin:...just sayin'..Mike.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online