Buying another TB or Envoy...

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
So, I never asked this when I was shopping around for my Envoy...which could be why I ended up with a truck who likes to throw tantrums like every other month. So, now that I found GMT...and have Phantom(The truck), I know only little things to look for in shopping for another one.

The hubby has been looking at TB's and Envoy's pretty hard, so I think he has made up his mind and will be getting one of his own beginning of next year. I think he is interested in the SWB possibly 4x4...I'm not sure if he is aiming for a V8 or I6...but I do know he doesn't want a "less stuff" TB(he likes all the bells and whistles). I think he is shooting for either under 100k miles or at least one that is only slightly over 100k miles(like 108-115k).

With this said, what are some major things we need to be aware of both inside and out, electrical and whatnot. I bought Phantom on a whim....It was love at first sight, and I was not going home without him lol. I know Mat doesn't shop like that, but I just want to make sure we have a list of things to look at, how to inspect these things before we even start to shop. I was raped when I bought Phantom, and I don't want that to happen this time around, so do we look at Nada or KBB to figure out about where the "fair" price should be?

Also aside from Private dealers and stealerships, where else can we shop around? I know he has looked on Ebay motors, but that scares me just a bit lol.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The V8's sound much better if you plan to do any exhaust mods, and the MPGs aren't very different either. As far as places to shop, I got mine at Carmax, and bought a 5 year extended warranty ($50 deductible) , which has almost already paid for itself in 4 years (fan clutch went out on me after a few months of ownership, that was the biggest). Doesn't cover 'wear' items like brakes and tires though, but that's expected.

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
NADA is the book that the dealers use when offering a price when you trade in. KBB is the book they use when selling because most vehicles are valued higher. I wouldn't put too much stock in what the book says though. Remember it's just a guide, you can't buy just because the book says you are getting a good price.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
bore_pig said:
NADA is the book that the dealers use when offering a price when you trade in. KBB is the book they use when selling because most vehicles are valued higher. I wouldn't put too much stock in what the book says though. Remember it's just a guide, you can't buy just because the book says you are getting a good price.

Understood...Just wanted a good idea. Like if a stealership is asking 14k for a 2003 Envoy SLE with like 130k....which is in my opinion to much, we could look at the book to get a rough estimate of what it really is worth, and whether or not we would want to either walk away completely or try to haggle the price.

My truck was kind of similar in that situation lol. They were asking to much for it. I think the hubby said it was on Nada for 8k when we paid close to 11k for it and that was AFTER I haggled about 2k off the price and with a 4k trade in.

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
Voymom said:
Understood...Just wanted a good idea. Like if a stealership is asking 14k for a 2003 Envoy SLE with like 130k....which is in my opinion to much, we could look at the book to get a rough estimate of what it really is worth, and whether or not we would want to either walk away completely or try to haggle the price.

I would recommend using NADA. And make sure to check all the dealerships in your area, even ford and toyota dealers. Sometimes they have a GM sitting on the back of the lot that they just want to get rid of.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
bore_pig said:
I would recommend using NADA. And make sure to check all the dealerships in your area, even ford and toyota dealers. Sometimes they have a GM sitting on the back of the lot that they just want to get rid of.

I didn't think of that! Thank you!!

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Do yourself and your hubby a huge favor and at least look at the 9-7 or the Rainier. They are both plentiful in the v8 and come almost exclusevley with everything on them. It's not a coincidence I have one of each both with every single piece of equipment available (except the Ls2 in the 9-7 which if gas were 99 cents i'd have considered and no boards on the 9-7 since it is an inch lower). The 9-7 is just a nicer vehicle all around and the Rainer rides really nice. The 9-7 looks like a more expensive vehicle and the Rainer with the optional chrome rims, chrome handles, chrome running boards looks decent too. If he is a must have everything person, at least take a look. Of course both are 4awd which is standard on the 9-7 and optional on the Rainier but I use it to its full extent and for onroad and heavy towing plus snow, it does well. Here's a couple of teasers of my 2007 9-7 I bought last year that was originally sold in 2008.

You say he likes bells and whistles, 18" wheels are standard so is the roof and 4awd, HID's and washers
5w_6401.jpg

V8's are dime a dozen in the 9-7 and I shame i6's all day (not really but the cover is cool)
JA_6401.jpg

Navigation so he'll never get lost and always find his way back to you and it plays a cd and dvd at the same time

MQ_6401.jpg

DVD for the kids and you can listen to internet radio through...dime a dozen here too
BA_6401.jpg

Wait...did someone say two tone leather that never had a rear seat passenger and hardly a front passenger
LQ_6401.jpg

Does it look like I paid $13,000 for it with under 60,000 miles because I did.
Jw_6401.jpg

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Jkust said:
Do yourself and your hubby a huge favor and at least look at the 9-7 or the Rainier. They are both plentiful in the v8 and come almost exclusevley with everything on them. It's not a coincidence I have one of each both with every single piece of equipment available (except the Ls2 in the 9-7 which if gas were 99 cents i'd have considered and no boards on the 9-7 since it is an inch lower). The 9-7 is just a nicer vehicle all around and the Rainer rides really nice. The 9-7 looks like a more expensive vehicle and the Rainer with the optional chrome rims, chrome handles, chrome running boards looks decent too. If he is a must have everything person, at least take a look. Of course both are 4awd which is standard on the 9-7 and optional on the Rainier but I use it to its full extent and for onroad and heavy towing plus snow, it does well. Here's a couple of teasers of my 2007 9-7 I bought last year that was originally sold in 2008.

You say he likes bells and whistles, 18" wheels are standard so is the roof and 4awd, HID's and washers
5w_6401.jpg

V8's are dime a dozen in the 9-7 and I shame i6's all day (not really but the cover is cool)
JA_6401.jpg

Navigation so he'll never get lost and always find his way back to you and it plays a cd and dvd at the same time

MQ_6401.jpg

DVD for the kids and you can listen to internet radio through...dime a dozen here too
BA_6401.jpg

Wait...did someone say two tone leather that never had a rear seat passenger and hardly a front passenger
LQ_6401.jpg

Does it look like I paid $13,000 for it with under 60,000 miles because I did.
Jw_6401.jpg

Nothing against the 9-7 or Rainier, but it would ultimately depend on what the hubby wants. I was allowed to get what I wanted, even if it did rape us lol so the least I can do is allow him to get what he wants. However....that Saab is f'ing SEXY as all hell lol. And I may be just a bit partial to the Envoy lol

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Voymom said:
Nothing against the 9-7 or Rainier, but it would ultimately depend on what the hubby wants. I was allowed to get what I wanted, even if it did rape us lol so the least I can do is allow him to get what he wants. However....that Saab is f'ing SEXY as all hell lol. And I may be just a bit partial to the Envoy lol

Well then, an Envoy Denali might be a good choice, 5.3 and all the toys.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
jrSS said:
There is a SS for sale on tbssowners for $13,000.

Unfortunately that will more than likely be sold by the time our finances recover from the wedding. We are giving ourselves 4 months to recover, so some time in Feb or March of next year we will be in the market. I just want to be more prepared this time than what I was when I got the Voy.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:

Ha, I'm just throwing the option out there so he knows about them. When I got that 9-7 it was between the Denali and the SAAB. The SAAB always, every time, had more equipment and plus I negotiated them down to what was basically a down payment on a new car. The 9-7 is a drivers car where it takes corners and handles beyond all the other ones including the SS and beyond many cars. The skid pad numbers are suprisingly good for a truck. The SS borrowed it's technology from SAAB but the differences between the two are likely just tire differences. Since I've got the Rainier or actually my wife does, I've already got a car that is nice and cushy for Sunday drives and so the 9-7 which is the opposite made sense, had low miles and ultimately was cheap. If money grew on trees, none of the 360's would be on my radar and it'd be all Escalades and Lexus but since the money tree died a couple years back they do the job but don't look as cheap as they cost.

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
I like the edmunds.com site. lets you plug in options, miles, condition and location. for some reason even color. real variable is what condition to include.

mine comes out at
trade in $3,546
private party sale $4,456
Dealer sale $5,784

I probably put $4430 into her over the last two months. go figure.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Damn Jkust u should be a salesman. You had me sold on the 9-7x lmao but seriously if you want to save money. He could get any gmt he wants (good history, service record etc., fits what he see himself in). Find a deal and with the help of GMTNation & TBSSowners he could purchase most of the bells and whistles and a good or great price. I missed out on 2 own dvd headrests with wireless headphones + gaming system for $150. Now that's bells & whistles for ya..........:frown: Damn now I'm gonna cry thinking about missing out on it lol. But you get what I'm saying tho?

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
TexazReece said:
Damn Jkust u should be a salesman. You had me sold on the 9-7x lmao but seriously if you want to save money. He could get any gmt he wants (good history, service record etc., fits what he see himself in). Find a deal and with the help of GMTNation & TBSSowners he could purchase most of the bells and whistles and a good or great price. I missed out on 2 own dvd headrests with wireless headphones + gaming system for $150. Now that's bells & whistles for ya..........:frown: Damn now I'm gonna cry thinking about missing out on it lol. But you get what I'm saying tho?

I think Mat is sold on a TB....and swapping the dash with the envoy dash. He said he likes the rugged look of the TB, but like the interior of the voy...so I think that will be the route he takes.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
TexazReece said:

Thanks, given nobody I know has ever seen a 9-7, I think more people may have considered them if they knew they existed (and if they weren't almost 50k). It's funny because I shopped for the 9-7 before my I really needed to replace my minivan so I got to shop around a lot for a long time and be selective. After that experience, I see why people buy new cars. All the 360's I saw were really beat up and heavily used no matter the miles, except for the ultra expensive ones that the dealers actually had on their show floors. You get used to dealers (who seem to have all the used cars nowdays) lying to your face. Finding a one owner, lightly used, all options anthing is really hard and frustrating. Having them agree to my insulting low ball offer was just a plus. Having now driven it for 10 months without anything going wrong I think is a function of the single ownership, 50,000 mile SAAB warranty, and some built on a wednesday luck.
The reason I got it so cheap is because I finally had to shop nationally after months of frustration and ended up buying it in Michigan where cars are a lot cheaper than here.

As for the options the DVD aftermarket headrests are really inexpensive these days but I don't like that the non-oem ones operate through an FM transmitter to the speakers which I understood don't work well.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
TexazReece said:
He's making a GREAT choice, TB's are the best of the group :raspberry:

:eek:

I think NOT :biggrin:

Unless of course it was an SS....I'd agree that the SS is the better of the group lol

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Voymom said:

Unless of course it was an SS....I'd agree that the SS is the better of the group lol

Yep! Heres to the Envoy :wootwoot::wootwoot:, I noticed you said he wants the Envoy cluster, thats to make him feel like he's driving an Envoy! He has a few months to maybe consider a Denali, black leather heated seats, all the options, dvd player, Bose stereo, possible nav, sunroof, auto climate, power pedals, memory seats for each remote, nice shiney GMC grill, lower rear bumber that actually covers the spare and the resonator, good looking running boards. I know mine has a pretty sporty ride hugging the corners really well. A 5.3 with equal/better fuel economy to the I6 :thumbsup: in some driving conditions, you can't get that with an SS. The first upgrade to be a pcm tune and he's laughing with a fun ride, and a much much much better partner for Phantom (the truck) to share the driveway with :love0001::love0001: !

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:

i6 5.3 6.0
TB rules all

Im actually thinking of picking one up too they are selling a 2002 black LT for 4k so I can have a winter truck and an excuse for another audio build and mods.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
Yep! Heres to the Envoy :wootwoot::wootwoot:, I noticed you said he wants the Envoy cluster, thats to make him feel like he's driving an Envoy! He has a few months to maybe consider a Denali, black leather heated seats, all the options, dvd player, Bose stereo, possible nav, sunroof, auto climate, power pedals, memory seats for each remote, nice shiney GMC grill, lower rear bumber that actually covers the spare and the resonator, good looking running boards. I know mine has a pretty sporty ride hugging the corners really well. A 5.3 with equal/better fuel economy to the I6 :thumbsup: in some driving conditions. The first upgrade to be a pcm tune and he's laughing with a fun ride, and a much much much better partner for Phantom (the truck) to share the driveway with :love0001::love0001: !

Phantom has all those options that came stock, besides the 5.3, the grille, and the dvd player(future mod). :raspberry:

I pretty much drive a denali, at least according to the vin number, he is the denali package :confused:

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
i6 5.3 6.0
TB rules all

Im actually thinking of picking one up too they are selling a 2002 black LT for 4k so I can have a winter truck and an excuse for another audio build and mods.

There is a black LTZ here...2002 I believe with 80k miles fully loaded for 5k. Just thought I'd chime in! And I think it's 4x4.

Here is the link!

2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Voymom said:
Phantom has all those options that came stock, besides the 5.3, the grille, and the dvd player(future mod). :raspberry:

I pretty much drive a denali, at least according to the vin number, he is the denali package :confused:

That's why I'm saying Phantom (your hubby) should get a Denali, It's a better match for Phantom (the truck)!!! We're talking about a truck for Mat right?
If Phantom is a Denali then you should put Denali logo's and a grill on him to make him feel more complete.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
That's why I'm saying Phantom (your hubby) should get a Denali, It's a better match for Phantom (the truck)!!! We're talking about a truck for Mat right?
If Phantom is a Denali then you should put Denali logo's and a grill on him to make him feel more complete.

Yes a truck for Mat, and as far as denali logo's....I would, but I don't want the whole copy cat thing going on. I'm not sure if he is a denali or if it was just a denali package that came with all the bells and whistles that was added when it was bought new. All the denali's IIRC are 5.3's and Phantom(the truck) is the I6....but the vin says differently lol It's sooooo confusing. Let me go see if I can find the link on here that has his VIN info to show you. I always wondered if he was a denali or just a plain XL SLT, which is what the dealership said I was buying.

As far as Mat goes, he doesn't like the exterior appearance of the Envoy, he likes the exterior on the TB and inside of the Envoy....

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
There is a black LTZ here...2002 I believe with 80k miles fully loaded for 5k. Just thought I'd chime in! And I think it's 4x4.

Here is the link!

Looks nice for soon to be 11 years old and that is really low miles. 11 years old is the point here in MN where the annual registration drops way down to like 35 dollars.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Jkust said:
Looks nice for soon to be 11 years old and that is really low miles. 11 years old is the point here in MN where the annual registration drops way down to like 35 dollars.

Tell me about it, if we were in the range to buy now, we would definitely consider looking at this one. TB's and Envoy's are super cheap with private sellers, the dealerships are the ones who jack the prices up way more than the actual value of the truck.

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
Denali n DOO said:

VIN: 1GKET16S936118694 Model: TT15806-2003 ENVOY XL DENALI 4WD
Vehicle Build
Model: TT15806-2003 ENVOY XL DENALI 4WD Order Number: FMRXR3
Gross Vehicle Weight: 2,906 Build Date: 08/23/2002
Build Plant: 6-

Option Codes

1SC - SLT STANDARD PACKAGE 41U - ONYX BLACK
6SS - COMP FRT LH COMPUTER SEL SUSP 7SS - COMP FRT RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP
8HU - COMP RR LH COMPUTER SEL SUSP 952 - MEDIUM PEWTER
95I - MEDIUM PEWTER INTERIOR TRIM 9HT - COMP RR RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP
AAB - DRIVER MEMORY PACKAGE AJ1 - DEEP TINTED GLASS
AJ7 - SIDE IMPACT AIR BAGS AM7 - FOLDING REAR SEAT
AM9 - REAR SPLIT FOLDING SEAT AR9 - DELUXE FRONT BUCKET SEATS
AU0 - REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY AXP - MPV VIN IDENTIFICATION
B30 - COLORED - KEYED CARPETING B32 - FRONT COLOR-KEYED FLOOR MATS
B33 - REAR COLOR-KEYED FLOOR MATS BG2 - 3RD ROW FLOOR MATS
C49 - REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER C7H - GVW RATING - 6,400 LBS
CE1 - RAIN SENSING WIPERS CE4 - HEADLAMP WASHERS
CF5 - POWER SUNROOF CJ2 - DUAL ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL
CNV - INTERIM CONTROL PROCESSING OPTI DD7 - LIGHT-SENSITIVE ISRV MIRROR
DH2 - ILLUM LH & RH VISOR MIRRORS DK7 - CUSTOM INTERIOR ROOF CONSOLE
DS3 - POWER HEATED/TURN SIGNAL MIRROR EVA - EVAP EMISSION REQUIREMENT
FE9 - FEDERAL/NY/VT EMISSIONS G80 - LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL
GT4 - REAR AXLE - 3.73 RATIO JF8 - 4-WHEEL POWER DISC BRAKES
K34 - CRUISE CONTROL KA1 - HEATED FRONT SEATS
KG4 - 150 AMP GENERATOR LL8 - VORTEC 4200 INLINE 6 CYL ENGINE
M30 - 4-SPD AUTO TRANS W/ OVERDRIVE AND ELECTRONIC CONTROL N40 - POWER STEERING
N77 - 17X7 DELUXE ALUMINUM WHEELS N79 - STEEL WHEEL FULL SIZE SPARE
NF2 - FEDERAL EMISSION SYSTEM OKL - PLANT CODE OKLAHOMA
PEC - SLT COMFORT & CONVENIENCE PKG * RAIN SENSING WIPERS * HEADLAMP WASHERS * HEATED FRONT SEATS * CONTENT THEFT ALARM * ETR AM/FM STEREO, CD/CASSETTE (REPLACES STD/OPT PKG RADIO) * BOSE PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM (UNIT BUILT WITHOUT TRAVELNOTE DIGITAL RECORDER) QTM - P245/65R17 ALS BW TIRES
SLM - STOCK ORDERS STW - STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
T61 - DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS T96 - FRONT FOG LAMPS
T98 - VIN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER TB4 - LIFTGATE/LIFTGLASS BODY
TFE - SALES INCENTIVE-COMMITMENT PLUS U68 - DRIVER INFO CENTER
U73 - FIXED MAST ANTENNA UA6 - THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM
UE1 - ONSTAR COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM INCL 1 YR SAFE & SOUND PLAN UG1 - UNIVERSAL GARAGE DOOR OPENER
UK6 - REAR SEAT AUDIO CONTROLS UP0 - ETR AM/FM STEREO, CD/CASSETTE WITH THEFT LOCK, AUTO TONE CONTROL, SEEK/SCAN AND CLOCK (REPLACES STD/OPT PKG RADIO)
UPC - TRAVELNOTE DIGITAL RECORDER UQA - BOSE PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM
V1K - LUGGAGE RACK CROSS BARS V40 - POWER PASSENGER SEAT
V73 - STATEMENT OF CERT. U.S. VK3 - FRONT LICENSE PLATE MOUNT
VXS - COMPLETE VEHICLE LABEL YC6 - SLT DECOR
YD3 - BASE EQUIP FOR SCH GVW PLATE YD5 - FRONT SPRING - BASE EQUIPMENT
YD6 - REAR SPRING - BASE EQUIPMENT Z88 - GMC TRUCK NAMEPLATE
ZQ3 - TILT WHEEL AND SPEED CONTROL ZW7 - PREMIUM SMOOTH RIDE SUSPENSION
ZY1 - SOLID PAINT

Thats what the was given to us for a VIN check.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Voymom said:
Yes a truck for Mat, and as far as denali logo's....I would, but I don't want the whole copy cat thing going on. I'm not sure if he is a denali or if it was just a denali package that came with all the bells and whistles that was added when it was bought new. All the denali's IIRC are 5.3's and Phantom(the truck) is the I6....but the vin says differently lol It's sooooo confusing. Let me go see if I can find the link on here that has his VIN info to show you. I always wondered if he was a denali or just a plain XL SLT, which is what the dealership said I was buying.

As far as Mat goes, he doesn't like the exterior appearance of the Envoy, he likes the exterior on the TB and inside of the Envoy....

Your not a copy cat if his build sheet says he's a Denali. Besides, maybe he is a very rare Denali and if so still deserves to have the Logo's. My Denali option code is Y91.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
Your not a copy cat if his build sheet says he's a Denali. Besides, maybe he is a very rare Denali and if so still deserves to have the Logo's. My Denali option code is Y91.

True. But Hardtrailz said Denali's were not an option until 2005, so I don't know lol

But maybe it was just a Denali option before they actually came out with the denali...which to me still makes it a denali :undecided:

Kind of like the Blazers with the Trailblazer package. It was still a Blazer but people started calling them trailblazers instead.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
Tell me about it, if we were in the range to buy now, we would definitely consider looking at this one. TB's and Envoy's are super cheap with private sellers, the dealerships are the ones who jack the prices up way more than the actual value of the truck.

I used to loathe dealers and always bought private. The last 5 cars though have been all dealers and it's like there aren't any private party cars any longer...like everybody trades in nowdays. The only 360's that were private party that I was interested in were ones that were sold but the people never took the listing down because I think you don't pay until you sell on Carsoup. The only other Denali's I saw private party were really, really high miles and those kept getting listed on CL over and over. Someone mentioned this idea earlier but when we got our first Rainier, the red one that my wife totaled, I found it at a Mazda dealer and they just didn't know what to do with it and was in the back of the lot and was a too good to be true deal but was legit. We got such a good deal on it that we drove it for over a year and got more than we paid for it from insurance.

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
I had the same luck at a non-chevy dealer too. TB LT, sunroof, leather, etc. 36k miles and only 3 years old for 13,900. So be patient and check atypical dealers.

As far as things to look for based on my limited experience: test front and rear windshield washer sprayers, ensure temp gauge is slightly to right or straight up, have them lift it and inspect suspension components, ensure gas gauge works.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Phantom said:
VIN: 1GKET16S936118694 Model: TT15806-2003 ENVOY XL DENALI 4WD
Vehicle Build
Model: TT15806-2003 ENVOY XL DENALI 4WD Order Number: FMRXR3
Gross Vehicle Weight: 2,906 Build Date: 08/23/2002
Build Plant: 6-

Option Codes

1SC - SLT STANDARD PACKAGE 41U - ONYX BLACK
6SS - COMP FRT LH COMPUTER SEL SUSP 7SS - COMP FRT RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP
8HU - COMP RR LH COMPUTER SEL SUSP 952 - MEDIUM PEWTER
95I - MEDIUM PEWTER INTERIOR TRIM 9HT - COMP RR RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP
AAB - DRIVER MEMORY PACKAGE AJ1 - DEEP TINTED GLASS
AJ7 - SIDE IMPACT AIR BAGS AM7 - FOLDING REAR SEAT
AM9 - REAR SPLIT FOLDING SEAT AR9 - DELUXE FRONT BUCKET SEATS
AU0 - REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY AXP - MPV VIN IDENTIFICATION
B30 - COLORED - KEYED CARPETING B32 - FRONT COLOR-KEYED FLOOR MATS
B33 - REAR COLOR-KEYED FLOOR MATS BG2 - 3RD ROW FLOOR MATS
C49 - REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER C7H - GVW RATING - 6,400 LBS
CE1 - RAIN SENSING WIPERS CE4 - HEADLAMP WASHERS
CF5 - POWER SUNROOF CJ2 - DUAL ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL
CNV - INTERIM CONTROL PROCESSING OPTI DD7 - LIGHT-SENSITIVE ISRV MIRROR
DH2 - ILLUM LH & RH VISOR MIRRORS DK7 - CUSTOM INTERIOR ROOF CONSOLE
DS3 - POWER HEATED/TURN SIGNAL MIRROR EVA - EVAP EMISSION REQUIREMENT
FE9 - FEDERAL/NY/VT EMISSIONS G80 - LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL
GT4 - REAR AXLE - 3.73 RATIO JF8 - 4-WHEEL POWER DISC BRAKES
K34 - CRUISE CONTROL KA1 - HEATED FRONT SEATS
KG4 - 150 AMP GENERATOR LL8 - VORTEC 4200 INLINE 6 CYL ENGINE
M30 - 4-SPD AUTO TRANS W/ OVERDRIVE AND ELECTRONIC CONTROL N40 - POWER STEERING
N77 - 17X7 DELUXE ALUMINUM WHEELS N79 - STEEL WHEEL FULL SIZE SPARE
NF2 - FEDERAL EMISSION SYSTEM OKL - PLANT CODE OKLAHOMA
PEC - SLT COMFORT & CONVENIENCE PKG * RAIN SENSING WIPERS * HEADLAMP WASHERS * HEATED FRONT SEATS * CONTENT THEFT ALARM * ETR AM/FM STEREO, CD/CASSETTE (REPLACES STD/OPT PKG RADIO) * BOSE PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM (UNIT BUILT WITHOUT TRAVELNOTE DIGITAL RECORDER) QTM - P245/65R17 ALS BW TIRES
SLM - STOCK ORDERS STW - STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
T61 - DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS T96 - FRONT FOG LAMPS
T98 - VIN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER TB4 - LIFTGATE/LIFTGLASS BODY
TFE - SALES INCENTIVE-COMMITMENT PLUS U68 - DRIVER INFO CENTER
U73 - FIXED MAST ANTENNA UA6 - THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM
UE1 - ONSTAR COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM INCL 1 YR SAFE & SOUND PLAN UG1 - UNIVERSAL GARAGE DOOR OPENER
UK6 - REAR SEAT AUDIO CONTROLS UP0 - ETR AM/FM STEREO, CD/CASSETTE WITH THEFT LOCK, AUTO TONE CONTROL, SEEK/SCAN AND CLOCK (REPLACES STD/OPT PKG RADIO)
UPC - TRAVELNOTE DIGITAL RECORDER UQA - BOSE PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM
V1K - LUGGAGE RACK CROSS BARS V40 - POWER PASSENGER SEAT
V73 - STATEMENT OF CERT. U.S. VK3 - FRONT LICENSE PLATE MOUNT
VXS - COMPLETE VEHICLE LABEL YC6 - SLT DECOR
YD3 - BASE EQUIP FOR SCH GVW PLATE YD5 - FRONT SPRING - BASE EQUIPMENT
YD6 - REAR SPRING - BASE EQUIPMENT Z88 - GMC TRUCK NAMEPLATE
ZQ3 - TILT WHEEL AND SPEED CONTROL ZW7 - PREMIUM SMOOTH RIDE SUSPENSION
ZY1 - SOLID PAINT

Thats what the was given to us for a VIN check.

Hmmmm, thats interesting :undecided: you have Denali in the description but no Denali Package code on the list of options. Mine is a model TT15506 model, yours is a TT15806, I wonder whats the difference, maybe swb vs lwb?

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
Hmmmm, thats interesting :undecided: you have Denali in the description but no Denali Package code on the list of options. Mine is a model TT15506 model, yours is a TT15806, I wonder whats the difference, maybe swb vs lwb?

Yup, I thought it was interesting too...but oh well I love my truck, whether he is a denali or not.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
One of the downsides of the Denali that I found was even with the Denali package nobody seemed to opt for the 3.73 and the G80. I'd find one and then the build sheet always let me down. When I buy used, I take an all or nothing stance plus I tow heavy stuff and want all the towing advantages that were available.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Jkust said:
One of the downsides of the Denali that I found was even with the Denali package nobody seemed to opt for the 3.73 and the G80. I'd find one and then the build sheet always let me down. When I buy used, I take an all or nothing stance plus I tow heavy stuff and want all the towing advantages that were available.

I got lucky and have both GT4 axle (3.73's) and the G80 locker. Good options to have :thumbsup: ...

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Jkust said:

Yeah, and I have the 3.73 and the locker on the Envoy now, which I really like lol

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
Yeah, and I have the 3.73 and the locker on the Envoy now, which I really like lol

Yeah nice. I can't believe the Denali package didn't just include them. I mean the option charge was like peanuts for both.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Jkust said:
Yeah nice. I can't believe the Denali package didn't just include them. I mean the option charge was like peanuts for both.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean the denali is pretty much LOADED with so many standard options....but yet no higher gear ratio's or the locker as standard. Especially with it being the 5.3L makes no sense, but nothing GM has done really makes any sense anyways lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Voymom said:

Here is the link!

Pretty good deal and it is 4x4.

Voymom said:
I was thinking the same thing. I mean the denali is pretty much LOADED with so many standard options....but yet no higher gear ratio's or the locker as standard. Especially with it being the 5.3L makes no sense, but nothing GM has done really makes any sense anyways lol

Makes sense...why put any more money into a model that 99% of the buyers will never know it does not have a g80. Why put lower gears and lose the highway fuel economy when they luxury trucks are going to be cruising on them most of the time? It makes perfect sense really. GM was just nice enough to sell a smart buyer the options/upgrades for next to nothing if they realized that they were so beneficial and asked for them.

In 2005, a Denali luxury version of the Envoy became available..
Found here, but seen elsewhere GMC Envoy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I understand Jkust and his pimping of the 9-7...nice trucks, but make sure you realize that you loose low range and the advantages that come with that option.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Pretty good deal and it is 4x4.

Makes sense...why put any more money into a model that 99% of the buyers will never know it does not have a g80. Why put lower gears and lose the highway fuel economy when they luxury trucks are going to be cruising on them most of the time? It makes perfect sense really. GM was just nice enough to sell a smart buyer the options/upgrades for next to nothing if they realized that they were so beneficial and asked for them.

In 2005, a Denali luxury version of the Envoy became available..
Found here, but seen elsewhere GMC Envoy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I understand Jkust and his pimping of the 9-7...nice trucks, but make sure you realize that you loose low range and the advantages that come with that option.

Damn you and your logic. As for the low range advantages, I actualy am suprised at how capable the A4wd is for my non-off road usage. The 9-7 is also a good bit lower with lower profile tires and so you are likely never going offroad with one anyway. I'd have called someone a liar if they told me not being able to lock in low range would be so capable.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online