Bucking on hard acceleration from a stop ........

Blade

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
It seems that whenever I plan to turn out in traffic and go hard, I get this crazy "bucking" like I am stomping the pedal on and off. It seems to be most prevalent when I am turning out into traffic either right or left then stand on it to get moving. It's not that I do it often, however the time that I do need it to move, it seems to fail me.

Could this be related to the stabilitrack system? (In a straight line it seems to be fine) MAF? Any thoughts would be appreciated before I take it in to the shop for "diagnostics". :undecided:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Sounds like it could be the traction control kicking in. Any lights on the dash flash when it happens? As you know, it's easier to get the wheels spinning taking off from a corner than in a straight line.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Matt said:
Sounds like it could be the traction control kicking in. Any lights on the dash flash when it happens? As you know, it's easier to get the wheels spinning taking off from a corner than in a straight line.

Could try the same test with traction control turned off and then with traction control and stabilitrak turned off....

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Guys, I don't know that it is traction control vs stabilitrak.
On mine at least, I could turn traction control off and I can spin the rear tires in a straight line. However with TC turned off and stabilitrak still on, try turning a corner and the bucking happens...
Only with both traction control and stabilitrak turned off can I let loose and spin tires, do spins, etc...

Could the OP turn both TC and Stabilitrak off and see what happens???

To turn off the stabilitrak, hold down the traction control button for 10 seconds until your DIC stays on STABILITRAK OFF.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
06Envoy said:
Guys, I don't know that it is traction control vs stabilitrak.
On mine at least, I could turn traction control off and I can spin the rear tires in a straight line. However with TC turned off and stabilitrak still on, try turning a corner and the bucking happens...
Only with both traction control and stabilitrak turned off can I let loose and spin tires, do spins, etc...

Could the OP turn both TC and Stabilitrak off and see what happens???

To turn off the stabilitrak, hold down the traction control button for 10 seconds until your DIC stays on STABILITRAK OFF.

Not sure if procedure is the same on the Caddy, but it could be worth while to try turning off the different systems and seeing if the problem changes.

Blade

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
I will try turning it all off. I think I tried that when I first noticed this about a year ago. I only recall seeing the TC light as the wheels chirped.

As you may know, the truck is AWD, and just an upgraded Denali.

Will investigate further with it all off and get back.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Blade said:
As you may know, the truck is AWD, and just an upgraded Denali.

Didn't see the AWD part, I thought if was a 4X4. Plus, I was going off what my SS Commodore would do with the TC.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Not that I would do such a thing but you need stabilitrak off to really break loose.

Blade

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
So after some experimentation it appears to solve the bucking with the traction contron and stabilitrack disabled. Are they going to say that this is normal behavior for these trucks? We shall see in a couple of weeks when I take it in.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
So is the tranny doing this or the motor? Do u have a cone filter (ex. K&n) that u oil??

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
jrSS said:
So is the tranny doing this or the motor? Do u have a cone filter (ex. K&n) that u oil??

Neither by the previous post. It is in the sensors and safety electronics...

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I was just saying maybe some of the recharging oil got on to the maf sensor and is fuckin with the tranny.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
jrSS said:
I was just saying maybe some of the recharging oil got on to the maf sensor and is fuckin with the tranny.

Possible if he had not posted what alleviated the issue already.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
jrSS said:
Haha. My bad kyle. Guess I need to read more thoroughly.

Hah...i caught you skimming instead of reading...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher