Bought a new TB!

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Went to the dealer this morning to get the airbag replaced in the Av under the recall. Not a very long job so I decided to just wait around. Walking around the lot, spotted a 2021 black TB RS. It's actually nicer and bigger in person than in pictures. Of course a salesman slithers over with the keys while I'm circling it. Get in and man, it's comfortable with plenty of leg room. It's fully equipped except for the off-road package. Since I still had over an hour of wait time, took it on a test drive and man it's a nice ride. The 1.3L is a bit underpowered but I'm fine with that as I'm thinking of something more economical for the Mrs and still useful for me when I'm not driving the Av, which sucks gas like there's no tomorrow.

Being retired and with the probability I won't be able to build my garage, I wanted something new and reliable. Talked some numbers and they were prepared to offer $5000 trade-in for the Av. I just bought it for $13k and need it to tow the trailer so offered up the old TB instead. Sight unseen, he first offered $3000 but after describing the low KM and condition, he upped it to $3500. What clinched it was the Costco $1000 discount. All in, I got it for $31,500. Not a bad deal at all.

Will take a day for prep and me to empty out the old TB before I drop her off at the dealer. Sad to see her go since it does have history from my old job when I bought it from Crown Assets but wanted to trade it in while it still had some value and there was no way I was keeping a fourth vehicle.

I guess we'll have to start a new TB section. I'm stoked since I haven't bought a new vehicle since the '08 Montana SV6.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Congrats!

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
:raspberry:
Well, looks like only @TollKeeper really bit, and before noon too! :dielaugh:

There's no way in hell or high water that I would even just get into one of those ugly tin cans. They can pry my real TB out of my cold dead hands!

Surprised nobody else tried to pull an April Fools.

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Well I do have an excuse, I kept thinking it was Wednesday.. Even when the guy came in for my Thursday delivery, I argued with him that it was only Wednesday, and I still needed to finish my order.

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Reading this now at almost 2 in the morning, skipping over the reveal of it being an April fools prank had me thinking this was legit. You had me going 3 days after!

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
You had me until I read "It's bigger in person." No it's not. It looks like it was both rear-ended AND front-ended at the same time by two different semis.

Mind you, we are currently looking at leasing something like a Cherokee Trailhawk (too pricey) or a VW Tiguan (too slow, but acceptable at my age as long as it stays in sport mode.) But we are keeping the Trailblazer.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I did screw up on the size. I should have said that for the Blazer although I wouldn't buy that hunk of junk neither.

Reactions: christo829

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online