Bodykit

felicie

Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Are there any complete body kits for the GMTs I've been looking with no luck. A bumper here or there this piece that piece but nothing whole. If any one has put hood vents on let me know.

Reactions: jrSS

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
All the complete body kits i've seen look absolutely horrible, like a wide-body ricer type look. You're better off buying SS bumpers or a street scene front bumper

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Pretty sure you don't want your TB to look like this......

02_up_trailblazer_octane%20Front%20bumper%20Cover.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
felicie said:
That thing looks like an after thought.
The person had a gun to their head and 5 minutes to come up with something.
:crackup: :iagree:

felicie

Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
I had seen a modified rear bumper with dual outlets and a magnaflow duel out system. There was a guy on here doing SS like fronts.

felicie

Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
I can't believe they put that on, if they wanted a goody compact they should just buy one.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
felicie said:
I had seen a modified rear bumper with dual outlets and a magnaflow duel out system. There was a guy on here doing SS like fronts.
Soo.. Do you have a TB or an Envoy? :popcorn:

For TB, SS bumpers and grille. For Envoy, SS style bumper. :yes:

Reactions: dmanns67

felicie

Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
I have a 07 TB LS

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Could also convert to an LT style bumper/grille/headlights. But if you're wanting different than everybody, your choices are limited to the ricer packages.

felicie

Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
I like the full with bar I will probably paint it body color, I do not care for the in your face look.

Reactions: Mounce

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
Pretty sure you don't want your TB to look like this......

02_up_trailblazer_octane%20Front%20bumper%20Cover.jpg
Here is a side pic of that kit.

rearkit.jpg

That full kit only goes for $500. Andy's Auto Sport Octane special. Here is a couple different ones available from their site. http://www.andysautosport.com/body_kits/chevrolet_trailblazer.html

Here are two more options from the link in addition to the gem above.

sm__saro_ch-030-kt.jpg

sm__strs_950-70152.jpg

It appears carid.com does not have the selection it use to have for the TB. I could not find anything other than the street scene wiper cowl.

There is always the "wide" body kit.

IMG_3752.jpg

IMG_3750.jpg

Reactions: Capote

felicie

Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
I think I'll look at an SS bumper cover if that's all I will have to change.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
felicie said:
I think I'll look at an SS bumper cover if that's all I will have to change.
I agree. I really like the look of the TBSS front and rear bumper covers. TexasReese has a TBLT and kept the LT front bumper and only changed out the grille and headlights, which looks good IMO. That route is cheaper as well.

Hard to find a complete front bumper cover under $500. You could buy everything from gmpartsdirect.com, but I think you are closing in on around $800 for just the front SS bumper cover without paint.

The_Roadie said:
Don't forget to attach the body kit with 100 sheet rock screws for the full ricer experience.

Epic thread:
http://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-off-topic/389628-horrible-body-shop-experience-details-inside-350z-ruined.html

DSCF0359.jpg
Wow :eek: :duh:

felicie

Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Hay Roadie that body kit looks like it was put on by 3 monkeys and a gorilla.

felicie

Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Well for me you could X2 any price you come up with, oh and dmanns67 my mouth is not big enough for the amount I did.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Screws or bolts whatev

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
I've checked Andy's Auto Sport, CarID, and Suncoast Creations for something like the front dam on this. Anyone know info or was this just a generic trim piece of molding attached? I love the look of this Envoy.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412108456.317928.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yeah his body kit doesn't look bad at all :biggrin: :cool:

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Not sure on that one. I've seen the pieces he's got on his lower cover. There was one place that had called those splitters. I emailed them and they stated that because it was two pieces they were splitters. It took me a day to stop laughing. What I really like about The envoy in that picture I posted is that other then the wheels and that spoiler it is very similar to my own. If you look at the height of the runningboards it doesn't look like it's been lowered. It still has the rack and the bodyside moldings. I think between that front air dam, the wheels, the logo delete on the grille, the stance that it was parked at and the angle of the camera, along with being black with tinted glass, that looks pretty badass.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It is one sick ride in person. Very impressive!

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
It looks really good; it's just not my style. The wheels and two tone are not for me.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It inspires me even though I lift everything I own.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
mcsteven said:
If you look at the height of the runningboards it doesn't look like it's been lowered.
judging by the wheel well gaps front and back I'd say that is definitely lower than stock.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Its dropped

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
jimmyjam said:
judging by the wheel well gaps front and back I'd say that is definitely lower than stock.
HARDTRAILZ said:
Its dropped
Ok. I agree. But looking at the running boards it's not much of a drop.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Prolly not, but its stereo prolly helps drop it...

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Prolly not, but its stereo prolly helps drop it...
I have been talking about the solid black envoy that I posted a picture of. Are you talking about the same one or are you talking about the two-tone one below it?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sleepy's.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Okay that explains why I was getting a little confused. I do see that the black one has been dropped a little bit, but as mentioned take a look at the height of the runningboards.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If it's sitting on 24"s, then it wouldn't need to be dropped very much to have such little fender gap Probably just the rear leveled out. :twocents:

Reactions: mcsteven and Capote

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vickes

Members Online