Body lift or not???

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Yes, I know there are many forums that cover this, but, I know for sure that I am doing the 3" MarkMC suspension lift. My question is, if my TB is my daily driver and I am not doing any hard off roading, is it worth it for me to even do a body lift? Pretty much I would only be doing it for more tire clearance. Thank you for your answers in advance.

Reactions: Capote

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'm not real sure on how to answer your question because whether it's worth it or not will be a more of a decision for you since it'll be your money and your time installing it. Sounds like it'll be more for looks unless you end up doing some hard off roading but it will indeed look good.

Reactions: Capote

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Some guys lift for looks and some lift for hitting the trails. Does a 3" suspension lift provide enough clearance for the wheel/tire combination that you are wanting to run? Do you need the extra clearance that a body lift will provide?

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
I should be alright with some trimming to run 33s but I know for sure that I can run 33s or 35s with a body lift.

May 5, 2013
tsmith1156 said:
I should be alright with some trimming to run 33s but I know for sure that I can run 33s or 35s with a body lift.
That'll also depend on you're trucks gear ratio as well. You'll also need a set of wheel spacers for the larger wheels to clear the upper ball joint.

Reactions: JamesL3

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
It's your ride man, even if you lift it and use it as a DD with little to no off-roading that's all good bud. It's yours to enjoy how you like :biggrin:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
SmokeyMcBlazer said:
That'll also depend on you're trucks gear ratio as well. You'll also need a set of wheel spacers for the larger wheels to clear the upper ball joint.
:iagree:

If you have the 3.42 gear ratio (glove box code GU6) then don't even think about anything that big. 32 is the max on 3.42 gears.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Do the body lift only so you get better suspension performance and ride.... Also keeps your COG lower as well.

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
SmokeyMcBlazer said:
Hypnotoad said:
Capote said:
It's your ride man, even if you lift it and use it as a DD with little to no off-roading that's all good bud. It's yours to enjoy how you like :biggrin:
Sparky said:
:iagree:

If you have the 3.42 gear ratio (glove box code GU6) then don't even think about anything that big. 32 is the max on 3.42 gears.
HARDTRAILZ said:
Do the body lift only so you get better suspension performance and ride.... Also keeps your COG lower as well.
I really want to do it especially always looking at hardtrailz rig! I have heard many different things about the gears, I am pretty sure that I have the 3.42 but I have seen some that have the 3.42 and 33s. So, hardtrailz... I'm dumb when it comes to all the suspension things, only doing the body lift will make it ride better than doing the suspension lift? I'm guessing that it will still be technically a 3" lift and give me more wheel well clearance. Is that right?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Our suspension is not the best setup to lift and a lift trades off certain aspects. A body lift does not affect suspension.

Amazingly 3.42 n 33s is prolly not bad for 90% of users. I really did not mind 3.73 and 35s but plenty will tell you that's a no-no too. But they prolly never ran such a setup.

Reactions: paul2005tb

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
tsmith1156 said:
I really want to do it especially always looking at hardtrailz ..
that is why I try not to look too long at hardtrailz pics !

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
As long as your research has shown up the MPG loss that comes with ANY change in height, body or suspension lift. Some folks just want the more "aggressive" appearance, and are horribly surprised when they lose 2-4 MPG when the invoice arrives. At EVERY fill-up.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
small price to pay to guarantee that your oilpan never gets hit by road debris !!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
paul2005tb said:
small price to pay to guarantee that your oilpan never gets hit by road debris !!
What are you talking about? Body lift would not affect oil pan being hit by anything. It does not move with a body lift.

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
HARDTRAILZ said:
What are you talking about? Body lift would not affect oil pan being hit by anything. It does not move with a body lift.
I was referring to a suspension lift. Sorry.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YSB

Members Online