Biggest tire without wheels spacers

xxchadallacxx

Original poster
Oct 2, 2017
Northern California
So I've researched this for quite some time and can't find a clear answer. Everyone knows 30.5" is the safe tire size, but i'm really trying for ground clearance without wheel spacers bc I don't want the added strain on my suspension. Can anyone confirm if 255/70/17s fit stock? I've already cut my fenders and bumper cover and won't mind hammering my ball joints a little. I'm just pushing for max ground clearance. If someone advises me against it and can tell me why, I'll just run the 265/65/17s. Thanks in advance!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
NO THEY WILL NOT

They are over 31 inches by basic specs which clearly ensures they are not going to be under the 30.5 or 30.6 that is needed to clear the ball joints.

FYI--- surprised your research did not show this thread. http://forums.offroadtb.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=763

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

xxchadallacxx

Original poster
Oct 2, 2017
Northern California
Hey guys. Got new tires today. 255/70/17 BFG KO2s. No lift. No spacers. Just plastic trimming and my aftermarket bumper.
Thought I'd let you guys know that they do fit for any future questions!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Can you snap us some pics to keep in here? Like side view and a look at the ball joint clearance?

Reactions: xxchadallacxx

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Can you snap us some pics to keep in here? Like side view and a look at the ball joint clearance?
Nope, he can't because the ball joint has already rubbed through the sidewall of the tire.

Reactions: djthumper

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online