April or May meet?

David B.

Dec 5, 2011
That 4x4 store you speak of is in a strip mall that has a big parking lot that would work well, plus it's right off of 405 and an easy trip from I-5. It's also just around the corner from both Alderwood Mall and the Red Robin. Actually, that Red Robin has a giant parking lot as well. Sad that I live right there and will be out of town for the meet, would be my first one too!

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
What date are we thinking for this? Still April 14/15th? Im tied up every weekend from now until the 28th of April, but if someone wants to meet up during an evening (except for fridays, usually a travel day for the weekends) Id be up for that.

4WheelParts in Lynnwood has some good stuff, bought my Bilstein HD and ProComp shocks for the 02 there. Never actually made it to the store though, my mom ran and picked them up for me! :rotfl::wootwoot:

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
Ok so lets do Saturday, top of the parking garage? or just red robin parking lot. Red Robins there then if we want food since it is like 2 blocks away; and on the way out, the 4x4 store?

9:30am?

/who all is attending? lets get a list going haha

And for those that can't make it, maybe a first weekend of may meet as well.

Jan 4, 2012
would love to go down, but I can't this time, hopefully there will other meets that I will be able to go to and meet everyone. Hopefully by that time I will have my Trailblazer...... I hope that all of you that are going, will have a great time, you all will have to post pictures okay.....

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
I'm still in... of course at 9:30, being fully coherent is another story LOL

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
wootown22 said:
+Kardain haha

+Answer069 At least I'll be able to be there. Tori I don't think is going to be able to make it. On a side note I am starting work at another Chevy dealer tomorrow. Another Lube Tech position but I didn't take a pay cut and still work Mon-Fri so it's cool.

bigytwotone

Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
this is cool cant wait any one know what Stevens pass looks like??? we are going to be traveling over that for thee first time in the dark so and help for that would be good and this is my first time driving in that states so this is all new to me lol

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
bigytwotone said:
this is cool cant wait any one know what Stevens pass looks like??? we are going to be traveling over that for thee first time in the dark so and help for that would be good and this is my first time driving in that states so this is all new to me lol

http://www.wsdot.com/traffic/passes/stevens/

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
just when you start the going down the pass after the ski park westbound take it easy for the first three miles, it can look kind of weird at night. after that its smooth sailing.

FlyingFischer

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Still mad I can't make it.

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
we will make sure we can get some of the newcomers at the next meet, as well as get eric and you back out there! i still want to take a group out to the trails! and hopefully there will be less people... when kardain and i went out there had to have been another meet out there. full of rednecks in dedicated yotas shooting guns everywhere. i had never seen it that crazy hahaha

bigytwotone

Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
si i think we should do it on the parking garage nice photos and if it is raining we can just go down one level and stay dry and do our thing. :cool: thank you wootown22 for the heads up :thumbsup:now i was reading that theirs a sign that will tell me if i have to put chains on out there?? and if i don't have chains on theirs a $500 fine??? should i ring my chains???? i cant afford a ticket. oh and is there some way i can get a hold of some one if i get lost????

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
This time of year, you shouldn't need chains but wouldn't hurt to pack them along just in case.

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
I havn't needed chains driving over the pass, they do patrol it though when chains are required. I think you will be fine; just check the website above (wsdot) daily a few days before, and watch the weather forecast. You should be fine though. Best thing is to just take your time, no sudden reactions (flooring it and slamming on the breaks haha) normal icy/snow driving techniques :crazy:

And ok lets do 10am, top of the parking garage of alderwood mall april 14th; (northwest corner of the shopping center, northwest corner of the garage). 10am allows an hour before food places open at 11.

You can use this address to get you there: 18415 33rd Ave W, Lynnwood, WA 98037
take the first left once onto 33rd and you will see the garage.

If anyone needs a number for contact pm me and ill send it your way! looks like it will be a good turn out! :wootwoot::thumbsup:

fishsticks if you are coming let me know and i will get the clearance restrictions on that garage :rotfl:

**edit: there is a digitalized sign at the base of the pass that would tell you... but i didnt think there was one on hwy2/stevens pass? are you sure you are looking at stevens or are you looking at i90/snoqualmie pass?

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
wootown22 said:
full of rednecks in dedicated yotas shooting guns everywhere. i had never seen it that crazy hahaha

Well not in a yota, but was in the hills yesterday guns a blazing, started to run low on Ammo and settled in for some gold panning.

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
jbones said:
Well not in a yota, but was in the hills yesterday guns a blazing, started to run low on Ammo and settled in for some gold panning.

:rotfl: gold panning that was a good addition... i have had my redneck target shooting moments up there too, these guys were carrying a14s and the like though... a lil different than the 22 I shoot. hahaha

P1070306.jpg

:rotfl:
P1080129.jpg

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
wootown22 said:
fishsticks if you are coming let me know and i will get the clearance restrictions on that garage :rotfl:

I need about 92". :biggrin: I guess if I took the tire and rack off the top I could get it down a bit. Probably save me some MPGs too.

Not for sure one way or another yet. The wife and I separated in February and Saturday is usually my day to have the kids. 6-7 hours of driving + 10 and 6 year old = not fun.

If I come, I will bring guns if people want to do that kind of thing. Just reloaded all of my brass last week.

View attachment 20073

Attachments

• 537820_2557534277797_1837215596_1608967_2019578855_n.jpg
    537820_2557534277797_1837215596_1608967_2019578855_n.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 23

bigytwotone

Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
wootown22 said:
I havn't needed chains driving over the pass, they do patrol it though when chains are required. I think you will be fine; just check the website above (wsdot) daily a few days before, and watch the weather forecast. You should be fine though. Best thing is to just take your time, no sudden reactions (flooring it and slamming on the breaks haha) normal icy/snow driving techniques :crazy:

And ok lets do 10am, top of the parking garage of alderwood mall april 14th; (northwest corner of the shopping center, northwest corner of the garage). 10am allows an hour before food places open at 11.

You can use this address to get you there: 18415 33rd Ave W, Lynnwood, WA 98037
take the first left once onto 33rd and you will see the garage.

If anyone needs a number for contact pm me and ill send it your way! looks like it will be a good turn out! :wootwoot::thumbsup:

**edit: there is a digitalized sign at the base of the pass that would tell you... but i didnt think there was one on hwy2/stevens pass? are you sure you are looking at stevens or are you looking at i90/snoqualmie pass?

yes i am looking at stevens pass

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
fishsticks, I dont think we are going up to the mountains this meet, so things could get a lil crazy if you decide to bring that along... :rotfl:

and twotone ok I just wanted to make sure :smile:

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Yea Im bummed I cant make it out for this one, should be a fun meet though.

Im not sure if my brother will bring the 02 back to Seattle or if we'll end up leaving it in Idaho for the summer at our cabin out there. We dont need another car in Seattle and it'd really just be in the way. Not sure yet exactly, might have to do some "work" on it (aka bedliner the bumpers and side skirts/lower doors) so maybe I can get it back for a week or two [so our offroading meet needs to be then lol].

If anyone wants to do something midweek let me know, Im around!

Side note - Patrick, EFILive has supposedly fixed their P12 read issue so I can read your TB the next time we meet up. :thumbsup:

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
Sweet!!!! :wootwoot: Totally looking forward to doing that. What's the prices for Wideband O2 sensors and where can I get them? Also on anoter side not I got a job working at another Chevy dealership. I'm so stoked. I started Monday and things are going great so far. Hopefully we will be able to install the first mod on the TB that I just picked up today. HIDs for the headlights. They had a used 03 Avalanche that they didn't want to keep the HIDs on so they removed them and it turned out the the bulbs were the same as in the TB. They are still in working order and the Tech didn't screw up the harness so should be good to go. It's mostly plug and play. See you guys there!!!!!

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Go with Innovate or AEM for the wb02 gauge. They can be found on eBay with sensor for between $160-225

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Patrick, Im partial to Innovate as well. AEM is good as well, NGK makes one of the best consumer grade ones, but you pay a premium for it. Not worth it IMO. I have an LC1 in my SS and run the serial output from the controller right into my FlashScan V2 [read: its all digital, no messing with analog ground offsets and potential weird readings]. Think I paid about $180 on eBay and that included a gauge, if you dont want the gauge then about $150. Lets talk soon to figure out the details of this moving forward and get a tentative time setup.

Nice score on the HIDs, remember you'll need to kill the DRLs or force them full on all the time (resistor mod). Im partial to the DRL killer/Quad beams relay mod as you get to keep the low beams on when you turn the highs on. Makes it so much nicer driving on back roads at night.

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
wootown22 said:
:rotfl: gold panning that was a good addition...

Love the year-around coyote season, but when the dogs won’t come out to play we go into gold mode. Never know we may just find enough one day to pay for coffee and donuts we consume on the way up, that's my goal anyway.:smile:

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
Nice score on the HIDs, remember you'll need to kill the DRLs or force them full on all the time (resistor mod). Im partial to the DRL killer/Quad beams relay mod as you get to keep the low beams on when you turn the highs on. Makes it so much nicer driving on back roads at night.

The tech at the dealership that I talked to about it said I shouldn't need to kill the DRLs because it plugs directly into the harness. IDK if i have to then I guess I will but have to look into it first. Worst case scenario I'll just pull the DRL fuse lol

blueice12

Mar 28, 2012
Looks like everyone is in Washington that would be a very long trip since i am in Southern,Oregon. It is cool that everyone can get together and meet up.:thumbsup:

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
blueice12 said:
Looks like everyone is in Washington that would be a very long trip since i am in Southern,Oregon. It is cool that everyone can get together and meet up.:thumbsup:

is 45 min nw of portland on hwy 30... seatle is a bit 2 far for me as well..over 2 hrs.... gmn should make up some business cards if they havnt already to place on vehicles or something... rainier, longview area where i live is crawling with tbs... its odd how u never really notice how many of a certain vehicle there is in the area u live till u own one..lol.. although if i was to print up little website papers and got them out..i might not be the only one in the area that isnt stock when i can get my chit togethor for it..lol

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Answer069 said:
The tech at the dealership that I talked to about it said I shouldn't need to kill the DRLs because it plugs directly into the harness. IDK if i have to then I guess I will but have to look into it first. Worst case scenario I'll just pull the DRL fuse lol

You're going to have to kill the DRLs regardless if you have a plug n play kit or have a relay harness. No DRL fuse, the BCM commands the low beams at 70% power and uses a PWM signal so it really f&*ks your ballasts and bulbs up REALLY fast.

Grab a relay and do the Quad Beams/DRL Killer mod, cheap and easy to do. Honestly Id do this first and get it working, then install the HIDs.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
LordBear said:
is 45 min nw of portland on hwy 30... seatle is a bit 2 far for me as well..over 2 hrs.... gmn should make up some business cards if they havnt already to place on vehicles or something... rainier, longview area where i live is crawling with tbs... its odd how u never really notice how many of a certain vehicle there is in the area u live till u own one..lol.. although if i was to print up little website papers and got them out..i might not be the only one in the area that isnt stock when i can get my chit togethor for it..lol
Well you better get on it. I want to see more members from there before my next trip up there. :tongue:

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
just waiting for u to get up here and help me with the new unused lift i scored from craigslist..lol plus a couple extra parts..... need to get half shafts hubs and shocks/struts tie rods for it now..lol

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
LordBear said:
just waiting for u to get up here and help me with the new unused lift i scored from craigslist..lol plus a couple extra parts..... need to get half shafts hubs and shocks/struts tie rods for it now..lol

Come up to Seattle for one of these meets, I can pound out a lift install in ~3-4 hours (so figure 6 in case something takes longer).

Jeffs was easy, but he has an 08 so there was zero rust on anything which meant it went faster.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
bigytwotone said:
hey so me and my brother are going to be staying in Seattle from Friday to Sunday any one know of a good motel or hotel that is not going to break my bank???

If you can avoid staying in Seattle, do it. Hotels just outside the main city limits will be cheaper

via Tapatalk

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
bigytwotone said:
hey so me and my brother are going to be staying in Seattle from Friday to Sunday any one know of a good motel or hotel that is not going to break my bank???

Sorry, I don't know Seattle well enough to offer up any good suggestions, but the occupiers may have a vacancy or two in a local park, just kidding! :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online