Anyone Take their GMT800 off road?

Bill05EnvoySLT

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
Was wondering if anyone was going off road with their full size? I'm curious how it handles in mud, over some not too harsh roads.. anything in the bristol PA philadelphia, Jersey area?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
How it handles will matter more on what kind of tires you have :smile:

Mine has highway tread tires on it (yuck) so it is pretty well useless anywhere off road right now.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Sierras gone in a few nasty yards while building pools and the ht's never really had an issue, bout rim deep from the weight. 4wd if you start to slip and take it easy. They are pretty heavy...

Bill05EnvoySLT

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
Was just wondering where all teh kids get together and play in the mud? I know there used to be and I use that term loosely as it wasn't a legal place to go in the Philadelphia, bucks county area .. are there any places still around to have a little fun?

WHY

Dec 4, 2011
Was just wondering where all the kids get together and play in the mud? I know there used to be and I use that term loosely as it wasn't a legal place to go in the Philadelphia, bucks county area .. are there any places still around to have a little fun?
In my neck of the woods the suburbans go where they want to. Had one pull me out when my blazer 4x4 went down .Even with a jury rig line and near bald tires he got me out easily I was up in the hills deer hunting and got stuck

Reactions: Bill05EnvoySLT

Bill05EnvoySLT

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
So I have a brand new set of Nitto Truck tires pretty aggressive treads on them. i hope they handle well in the upcoming months with snow foretasted... I just want to play in something...
When I sold my Lincoln Mk8 2 years ago was the last time we saw snow.. Shame get out of a car to have better traction in winter months since my daily commute is 84 miles everyday (sucking up the extra gas bill for a 4x4) just to have 0 days of foul weather in that 2 year time.. now I've owned (gone through) 05 SLT Envoy (Pristine by the time I was done) wrecked on the PA Turnpike.. Sadly.. that truck never saw any foul weather. then I picked up my 04 Ford Expedition. this was in Nov 14.. I got that all cleaned up and new meat on it really agressive truck tires expecting to play in the snowy winter months.. well sadly again I was mistaken.. No snow and then over the summer no muddy trails was really bummed but looking forward to the winter this year get to play.. Again sadly my mistake... the wifes explorer which we have had for many many years has died. snapped water pump bolt in the engine block (fixable but not easily or fast enough to use truck now) So this means I have to purchase another vehicle.. yep that is when I get the Z71 Burb.. I'm happy to be back here on the boards again. but only wish it was a GMC yukon or GMC burb.. :tongue: anyway the Expedition still hasn't seen snow either nor mud while i was driving it ( now the wife has it full time the most mileage it will see is about 4Kto 4.5K miles a year) she always gets an exempt sticker. So present day Im still hoping we get tons of foul weather. I want to either upgrade the truck (insurance upgrade plan) or have some fun.
Sorry for the long post (hell who am I kidding I love writting novels and some actually like reading them :tongue: ) This is my Story lol

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online