Anyone have a tune?

Horsehaulin

Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Indiana
I am looking for a AFM deleted tune, maybe a little more performance? Been tuning diesel trucks for years, but this is a new animal.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Many members on this forum, including myself, have a tune. The general consensus is that the tune is the best performance mod you can do on the I6. Most bang for your buck.

Most of us use PCMofNC, http://www.pcmofnc.com/. The option to mail your PCM in for tuning makes their company very convenient.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Also check out http://www.lime-swap.com/ His tines are as good or better than PCNofNC and much cheaper. Very easy to work with.

The general consensus is that the tune is the best performance mod you can do on the I6. Most bang for your buck.

BTW, he mentioned AFM, which would indicate he has a V8. But it's still the best bang for the buck as well as disabling that troublesome AFM.

Reactions: dmanns67

Horsehaulin

Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Indiana
Yes, My wife's Denali has a 5.3. I also only use EFI Live, won't use HP Tuners for a personal reason that won't be shared in an open forum, but it spans back almost a decade and has to do with Duramax diesels, so nothing with these nice vehicles.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Yes, My wife's Denali has a 5.3. I also only use EFI Live, won't use HP Tuners for a personal reason that won't be shared in an open forum, but it spans back almost a decade and has to do with Duramax diesels, so nothing with these nice vehicles.
That reason wouldn't have anything to do with a dead p/ecm right? Just a loose end that I've been chasing around for a while. As for the tune, I've only had it on one gm small block. It was in the sierra and awoke the beast... but it didn't pan out in the end but made that 6.0l scream better than when it rolled off the showroom floor. Shift points snapped throttle response instant... it was sweet. The 5.3 should respond in a similar manner I would think. These trucks move very well in stock form. Sorry this doesn't really help you that much. :dunce:

Horsehaulin

Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Indiana
Dead ECM and TCM's don't even scratch the surface of that issue. But to keep the peace, I'll let a dead horse rest in piece.

Anyways, anyone know where a guy could find help to remove AFM, make a mileage and power tune and work on a few things to deal with intake and exhaust changes? From reading so far, if you change the intake and exhaust, you need to adjust the tune?

Reactions: littleblazer

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
There should be information on EFI tuning on EFI's site. There was a member that did tunes on the I6 with EFILive.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Dead ECM and TCM's don't even scratch the surface of that issue. But to keep the peace, I'll let a dead horse rest in piece.
So you did end up with dead components? I only ask because the sierra killed 2 pcms with a tune. Only under the circumstance where the throttle body opened all the way. I found out that there were a few incidents that were kept quiet. The tuner had no knowledge of the issue either.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online