Any tech 2 guys in the NYC area ??

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
just got a 2005 TB and the frt pass. window doesn't work , I swapped driver / pass switches and the motor works fine , and pass switch works , so it has to be the driver master switch ive bought 2 used ones off ebay and were both no good. I bought an ac delco off amazon and tried to plug it in last night and nothing sent it back for a new one thinking it was faulty. now I see today it needs to be programmed ?!?!?!

anyone local that I can meet with and throw a few dollars to so I can have working windows ? My Girlfriend likes to crack the window for air so now shes sitting in the back seat and I feel like I'm driving miss daisy

Reactions: xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Or me. About a 6 hour drive.

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
6 HOURS ?!?! lol I think id have to keep trying ebay. thanks though the nypd motor repair shop is 2 blocks away from my job here in queens... gonna see if I can make a friend while out on lunch

still cant believe that gm did something like this

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I'm in Jersey but I may be hitting up the NY boat show next week. I don't know if that helps. The laptop I have tis2000 on is being a little brat also. It is 12 years old though.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I'm in Jersey but I may be hitting up the NY boat show next week. I don't know if that helps. The laptop I have tis2000 on is being a little brat also. It is 12 years old though.

You should come make a stop by me since i still haven't made it over to you. It will probably be another week or so before I head down south on the I95.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
You should come make a stop by me since i still haven't made it over to you. It will probably be another week or so before I head down south on the I95.
I'll see what I can do. Depending on what happens I may be car pooling with some guys from Paramus. How far are you from the javits center?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
If you cannot get to anybody because of Bad Weather... Can you Light Probe the switch wiring to confirm you have continuity? The Orange Wire on the Small Connector leading to the Switch should have Power and The Black Wire should be the Ground. Likewise the Orange Wire leading to the Large Connector should also have Power. If either one or both flicker under your Test Light Probe... Check your Grounds and then see if that new switch will finally behave.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I'll see what I can do. Depending on what happens I may be car pooling with some guys from Paramus. How far are you from the javits center?

I'm about 20-45 minutes away depending on traffic. Who knows I could make a day of it and pick up a ticket to check out the boat show myself. I've never been to a boat show, cars shows on the other hand at the Javits center I've been to a few. What day did you get tickets for?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I'm about 20-45 minutes away depending on traffic. Who knows I could make a day of it and pick up a ticket to check out the boat show myself. I've never been to a boat show, cars shows on the other hand at the Javits center I've been to a few. What day did you get tickets for?
Friday the 26th I believe. If you're that far away I wouldn't push you to do it. We're not finalized yet. I should know this weekend if we're going. I'll shoot you message with an update?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Only a brand new module needs to be programmed.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Or an old one that has an update to fix a problem, like on my '06 that intermittently wouldn't power the PDM.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online