Any one else goin low??

Ghost

Jun 1, 2012
Showtyme said:
Anybody lowered an ext? I want to get the back down a little. They seem to sit up higher than swb. I was thinking 3" but also dont want to rattle the kids teeth out.

Can't you just put coil covers in the rear ? My ext is higher than the front too. I just don't have the $$ to lower the rear.

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
Ghost said:
Can't you just put coil covers in the rear ? My ext is higher than the front too. I just don't have the $$ to lower the rear.

I dont really know. Havent researched it. Im still trying to talk the wifey into letting me use tax check money. Since its her daily driver she doesnt want to lose ride qaulity.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Belltech lowering springs will lower the rear 3" . But seriously 3" is a huge drop. Pm tony aka norcal SS. He is the drop guru. If u have air ride u can just adjust the sensors to lower the rear.

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
jrSS said:
Belltech lowering springs will lower the rear 3" . But seriously 3" is a huge drop. Pm tony aka norcal SS. He is the drop guru. If u have air ride u can just adjust the sensors to lower the rear.

No air ride on the exts. Im sure tony can set me straight. I might try a 1 2 drop if they make one. I really just wanted to hear from somebody who has done it and lived with it for a while.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I had the whole shabang on my 06 envoy.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355797761534.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355797761534.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 25

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
That looks really good. My main concern is bouncing the kids outta the third row like back in the day on the school bus. Lol. If i had a swb i would wanna go as low as that.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
I'm at a 5/5 drop, even 2/2 or 2/3 is pretty tame. As long as you buy drop shocks to go with the drop springs, it will ride good with a 3" drop in the rear. If you want Tony also has hockey pucks to add an inch back to the drop springs (3" springs back to 2")

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
U should be fine. Hell the 370's aren't too much longer than the 360's. U should be fine. I think big ed has his lowered ...shoot him a pm.

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
Im at 110,000 so shocks are due anyways. Ill look big ed up and see what insight he can give me.

David11946

Apr 24, 2012
New York
I have a '02 TB and I was considering removing the front axles to go lower than 2 inches. I read that a two inch drop in the front requires DJM upper control arms because of alignment issues. My TB sits really high and even more so in the rear. I'm not an off road guy. I'm strictly street. I like the lowered look and the better center of gravity.
I found the complete DJM 2/4 drop kit on ebay and I'm thinking about picking that up. However, I have been seeing other parts combinations from Belltech and the like. My TB has 20's now but I'm looking into a nice set of deep dish 22's if I can avoid getting raped on the deal. Anyone have any pointers to add before I take the plunge?

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Order from tony aka NORCAL SS.(tbssowners store) Good guy and is a lowering guru.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Belltech drop struts and ss springs will take you plenty low with out pulling the axles

You'll still needed the djm arms to help alignment

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
get my modified djm arms they are much better than the regular version.

I also have true 4 inch drop springs for these trucks they are my own version. The djm kit says 4 inch drop in rear but you will get at most 2 3/4. When djm did the kit years ago the truck they had sat very high. They were not sure if it was a stock truck but their rear kit will not lower 4 inches.

I also offer the kw coiovers which will get you 3.5 inches lower than a regular trailblazer set up in front at the lowest position.

TBSSowners.com Store (Powered by CubeCart) check that out I have tons of stuff for these trucks

Grey Thunder

Jan 11, 2013
bmartinezx3 said:
I have the same GF kit but your ride height looks much better than mine :frown:

Hmmmm Wonder why that is? Wonder if its because I bought mine from somebody on the OS and they were already broken in? lol

David11946

Apr 24, 2012
New York
NORCAL SS said:
get my modified djm arms they are much better than the regular version.

I also have true 4 inch drop springs for these trucks they are my own version. The djm kit says 4 inch drop in rear but you will get at most 2 3/4. When djm did the kit years ago the truck they had sat very high. They were not sure if it was a stock truck but their rear kit will not lower 4 inches.

I also offer the kw coiovers which will get you 3.5 inches lower than a regular trailblazer set up in front at the lowest position.

TBSSowners.com Store (Powered by CubeCart) check that out I have tons of stuff for these trucks

I'll check out your website. I am definitely looking to lower my TB after so many years. Thanks, NORCAL SS

hayes

Oct 6, 2013
NickRummy said:
Lower for me too........

JNR_0062.jpg

What setup are you running?

Grey Thunder said:
I have my Trailblazer lowered. I used groundforce springs all the way around. 1.3 drop in the front and 3 in the back

View attachment 11749

Do you have any better pictures?

NickRummy

Apr 9, 2012
hayes said:
What setup are you running

DJM upper control arms and Belltech struts at 2" up front and belltech 3" lowering springs in the back with adjustable panhard. Pretty sure the rear has settled quite a bit more over the years though. I've been running it for about 5 years now.

Grey Thunder

Jan 11, 2013
hayes said:
What setup are you running?

Do you have any better pictures?
Ill post some after i get my paint job done. Im also swapping lowering kits with a set up from NorcalSS. Im going with his drop struts and modified control arms

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
yeah call djm they will sent you to me also. My drop arms wont hit spindle and better fit up top on oem balljoint plus my washer kit does not have issues like the regular djm ones have (they are elongated and loose)

yodaddy4200

Feb 3, 2013
I want to lower so bad! If I had the money id get the modded a arms, and the bell tech kit. Might just split it up between two purchases!

Tony is there anything else I would need?

Its a 04 4x4 Tb on 20" replicas

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
yodaddy4200 said:
I want to lower so bad! If I had the money id get the modded a arms, and the bell tech kit. Might just split it up between two purchases!

Tony is there anything else I would need?

Its a 04 4x4 Tb on 20" replicas

2/3 kit with shocks belltech is 475 shipped. You can slap that in and get it to the best alignment as you can and then when tire are shot get my uppers and your done. guys on a budget i usually do that. Tires last from 15-18k miles with the 2 inch drop in front and not my upper a arms (tbss about 8-10k becuase they have lowering springs from factory)

yodaddy4200

Feb 3, 2013
About how many miles will I get out of say a 60,000mi tire. With the full kit A arms included?

I've never had a lowered vehicle so I don't have any idea how the tires will wear. I would expect some additional wear?

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
yodaddy4200 said:
About how many miles will I get out of say a 60,000mi tire. With the full kit A arms included?

I've never had a lowered vehicle so I don't have any idea how the tires will wear. I would expect some additional wear?

with camber set right it should ware like oem tire.

yodaddy4200

Feb 3, 2013
Sweet! What I wanted to hear!

Well thanks for the help Tony! I'm going to definetly try and make this happen this year.

Snailblazin'

Dec 9, 2011
I wanted to wash and detail and stage them somewhere cool but that just isn't going to happen so here they are finished...for now. The green one is so low the splash guards scrape speed bumps! That takes me back to my youth...

Attachments

• Trucks.jpg
    Trucks.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:cool:
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:59600]

Reactions: dmanns67

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I haven't posted here in a while.

Belltech drop struts with an 8mm spacer on both sides....with tonys modified arms up front.

Tonys custom 30.5" spring/shock combo out back dropped on fr 22's with air lift helper bags and a spohn adjustable pan hard bar to center up the rear axle.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411547423207.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411547423207.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 32
  • uploadfromtaptalk1411547450679.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411547450679.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 30

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
3" drop in front, 3" drop in rear. custom uca's, urethane bushings, moog ball joints.
Damn I miss that sexy rig, my TB misses it too!

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:729]

Snailblazin'

Dec 9, 2011
So after ripping around with my present set up for a couple months (Bell Tech drop struts/shocks, lowering springs, DJM ucas, Moog lcas, Prothane sway bar bushings, Maxx links) I've bottomed the front out while cornering aggressively a few times (full roll to one side and hitting bumps) and I'd like to find something that has firmer compression so that doesn't happen, is the next step a set of KW coilovers or is there a spring with a firmer rate?

Any wannabe autocrossers out there?

Reactions: Capote

combatspace

Aug 6, 2014
Showtyme said:
Anybody lowered an ext? I want to get the back down a little. They seem to sit up higher than swb. I was thinking 3" but also dont want to rattle the kids teeth out.
There is a guy here in town that has a v8 envoy ext on bags. I'll have to get some pics next time I see it, but on the stock 17's it looks so dope. Sounds pretty slick too. I believe he's got some long tubes, cams and a full exhaust but I'm not 100% sure. One of those trucks that you hear and expect to see a nasty camaro...

paulcmartin

May 13, 2013
I'm hoping I can get my belltech kit quick. I need to redo my whole suspension, its showing its age.

Sep 28, 2013
I'll take better pics tomorrow but this b!tch is low!! Ha ha ground to fender lip:
30 3/4" front
30" rear
On stockers, I will be mounting the 20" SS rims next week after the wonderful snow is gone!!

Snailblazin'

Dec 9, 2011
Update:

Removed all spacers from the front and massaged the rear springs, currently sitting @ 29.5" at all corners.

Definitely needing the Air Lift bags now.

Attachments

• Rocket 03-15.jpg
    Rocket 03-15.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: BlazingTrails
Sep 28, 2013
Ha ha damn!!! I absolutely love it!! Can't wait to get my ss rims on soon!! Looks good snail!! I'll get a better pic.... what kit did you end up using?

Snailblazin'

Dec 9, 2011
Just the usual suspects: Belltech drop struts/shocks w/ Groundforce lowering springs & Tony's modded DJM upper arms.

Reactions: stealthyscooby

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.