ALMOST DONE WITH MY TRUCK

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: I've always liked the SS grille/LT bumper combo, not so much on the SS badged bowtie on a non SS vehicle though.

And just so you know, there's no such thing as 'almost done' when it comes to mods around here. You will just exchange one breed of mod bug for another, and the cycle starts all over again! :deal: :biggrin:

Joey71

Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: I've always liked the SS grille/LT bumper combo, not so much on the SS badged bowtie on a non SS vehicle though.

And just so you know, there's no such thing as 'almost done' when it comes to mods around here. You will just exchange one breed of mod bug for another, and the cycle starts all over again! :deal: :biggrin:
i will be doing the bagde over, but that is what i had to put on it

Reactions: RayGumm

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
Almost done!?!?!

NEVER!!

Looks good, though! Woulda echoed Blckshdw's sentiments on the SS badge, but you're ditching it, so all is well in the universe.

Next is roof rack delete, side moulding delete, some LED's here and there.. a PCM tune.. wheels and tires..

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
:iagree: with RayGumm. Lose the rack and the molding. Color match the grille and mirror covers. LEDs are a nice upgrade to interior and exterior lighting. HIDs/LEDs to replace halogen headlights is a nice upgrade.

Something tells me you have an exhaust resonator begging to be cut off.

I am sure at some point we all have said, "I think this is my last mod." You think you are done until you see something another member did or finally come across something else you want.

Needless to say I have been steadily modding over the last 6 years.

Joey71

Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Guys i have been at this for 2 years now. i started with a plain old LS i will put up pics from before and after when i get home. so far i have done the complete
interior, when i say complete i mean complete.
1-complete carpet from light grey to SS charcoal grey
2-Dash, from light grey to SS Ebony
3-center console, from light grey to SS Ebony
4-door panels, from light grey to SS Ebony
5-door sills & plastic interior moldings, from light grey to SS Ebony
6-seats from cloth light grey non power, to SS leather power driver seat-the ones with the suede middle
7-steering wheel from plain BS wheel, to SS leather wheel- with the buttons but they don't work
8-from 16" TB wheels, to 20" black SS wheels
9-from LS Grill, to SS grill
10-from plain old non fog light front bumper, to 07 LT front bumper with working fogs
11-from plain old 04 LS rear bumper, to 07 LT bumper
12-complete LED's in the interior
13-HID's on high beams, had the low beams but the damn running light screwed me over-i have new ones to replace and the relay to kill the DRL's just haven't got it installed cause im thinking about going with CREED's

whats to come:
1-complete SS suspension, except the rear air bags, but dropping 2" in rear- already have it just have to put it on
2-roof rack delete
3-delete side BS moldings
4-delete running boards
5-complete paint job-going with the color on the bumpers-moon dust
6-exhaust-not sure if resonator delete or magnaflow muffler or cat back

so you see, when you all say it doesn't stop..i am well aware of that.
i am just not swapping engines and stuff, when i finish this one i will probably just get me a real SS or a SRT for the speed
but thanks for the input, i love it..
i will upload more pics when at home, for some reason i cannot upload from my phone

Reactions: dmanns67

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Pretty sure you still have to kill the DRLs for LEDs if you meant Cree. Never heard of Creed's though so I guess that might be halogen if that wasn't a typo.

Looks good though, contrary to the other guys, I like the SS Bowtie and also, I'm kinda diggin' the color of the grill. :yes:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yes, for the high powered LED bulbs, you need to address the PWM signal of the drls. The drivers are DC to AC just like for HIDs, and the signal will damage them over time.

Joey71

Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Ok, here are some before pics and during the process pics.
More to come ipad acting up now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 23

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
If your gonna lower the truck...why not just get the belltech setup from Tony?? Looks much better than the stock ss components....and will compliment your tb a lot better.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I love those SS seats

Joey71

Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
jrSS said:
If your gonna lower the truck...why not just get the belltech setup from Tony?? Looks much better than the stock ss components....and will compliment your tb a lot better.
I have been trying to get everything done as cheap as possible. (Not really working out)
So before i go with tonys i am going stock SS suspension which i got relatively cheap. Remember i am stock LS so with the SS suspension will drop me 2" in the rear and about 1/2" in front as it is. Then i am going to paint it. Once she is looking pretty i can think about dropping more if i feel i need it but at least she will be completly looking good and riding good..
After that point is when Modding will become serious..
LolImageUploadedByTapatalk1407891401.959547.jpg
That is what she looked like when i got her.

Joey71

Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
By the way, does anybody have a spare tire carrier? For some reason i cannt post in the market place and error keeps coming out and i dont know what to do about it..
But if you have one let me know

Joey71

Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Well i have been 2 years without one, just trying to get it complete with everything.. Let me know i have no idea really.. Dont forget shipping is on me... Lol
I have brand new tail light guards if that interest you

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online