Alcohol (Liquor & Beer)

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
Whiskey,
Bookers, 1792, Blantons, Wathens, just finished up some Jim Beam Devils Cut last week, I'm partial to whiskey
Tequila,
1800, 901
Rum,
Never been able to drink it
Vodka,
I'm not picky, but generally grab Absolute

Beer
Becks Dark, Arrogant Bastard, Dead Guy, Brooklyn Breweries Black Chocolate stout, Unibroue Trois Pistoles (good belgian beer), Guiness

I could write for an awfully long time about this.

BaDAppLe

Jun 28, 2012
My poison in order.

Makers Mark Bourbon
Jim Beam Black Bourbon
Jack Daniels whiskey
Labatts blue beer

And any other alcohol that is wet!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Good thread!

I like ice cold Budweiser tall boy cans,
Crown Royal on ice with a splash of ginger ale,
Absolute Vodka with energy drinks,
Jagameifter shots,
Red Wine-Australian or French.

Usually after enough of any of the above then anything else is fine. I love to drink but never drink and drive. My once a year binge is in October at our Oktoberfest festival!!!

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
hmmmm

beer i'll try anything here the past couple weekends ive been drinking corona's

but also like crown royal, makers mark, just jager no red bull needed,

i want to find pappy van winkle but im too cheap to buy it but its suppose to be one of the best whiskeys out there

going to pick up some buffalo trace whiskey this weekend

Techhead

Dec 12, 2012
SteamWhistle is what occupies my fridge.

On occasion I'll grab a six of La Fin Du Monde Translates to The end of the world.
Contains 9%

Not one for liquor or wine.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Oaked arrogant bastard lately. Delicious. But I like just about everything.
rabydyjy.jpg

Default User

Dec 19, 2012
Always close at hand:

Rum: Havana Club and Cpt Morgan
Vodka: Grey Goose
Whisky: Crown Royal and 40 Creek
Beer: Heineken, Corona, or Bud

What I have in the collection, that I have yet to crack open:
Johnny Blue
Bacardi 151
Absynthe
Patron

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
willn513 said:
rabydyjy.jpg

Interesting :undecided:, so what store in the States would my friend find that? He's going to Buffalo again next week, I wanna get some. I just bought 2 thirty packs of Bud cans from him that he got in the States. Your US beer prices are amazing! :thumbsup: Our prices suck, $2.20 for a tall boy Bud can is what I gotta pay :frown:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
willn513 said:

I think I saw that at Jungle Jim's. We picked up some wine the last time there, but have been thinking of making a beer run there for some different stuff for winter since we got the basement about turned into a party area.

Finally gonna have a spot to get out something other than the whiskey. I think I have about 8 whiskeys open now and a dozen or so other liquors plus a bunch of unopened stuff. Thinking Superbowl party to try and drink up some of this stuff.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
I think I saw that at Jungle Jim's. We picked up some wine the last time there, but have been thinking of making a beer run there for some different stuff for winter since we got the basement about turned into a party area.

Finally gonna have a spot to get out something other than the whiskey. I think I have about 8 whiskeys open now and a dozen or so other liquors plus a bunch of unopened stuff. Thinking Superbowl party to try and drink up some of this stuff.

Always good to be well stocked and have some options on what taste you want to enjoy :thumbsup:,

and too have have a "party area" to enjoy them in :thumbsup::thumbsup:

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
For the past couple weeks I've been sampling scotch and whisky. I've tried 2 single malt scotch, Irish whisky, Canadian whisky, and a couple American whiskys. I've come to the conclusion that I will never be a whisky drinker! Dear god it's like paint thinner :smile:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
At least you tried them. I myself adore whiskey. I hate when people wont even bother trying something out of their comfort zone.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
am-radio said:
The Kraken.

A black spiced rum. 47%
Very smooth.

Good Stuff.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I think I saw that at Jungle Jim's. We picked up some wine the last time there,

Where you at trailz? I live in Anderson township right near Beechmont Ave. have you been to the new J.Jims in Eastgate? I almost like it better than Fairfield- it was an old Biggs store so the layout makes much more sense.

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
At least you tried them. I myself adore whiskey. I hate when people wont even bother trying something out of their comfort zone.

I have a friend whose a scotch drinker and he's trying to get me into it, I thing he just needs a drinking partner :smile: Anyway its just not happening. I'm a beer drinker with many favorite rums but whisky is not my friend.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
willn513 said:
Where you at trailz? I live in Anderson township right near Beechmont Ave. have you been to the new J.Jims in Eastgate? I almost like it better than Fairfield- it was an old Biggs store so the layout makes much more sense.

do i hear a meet in the future at a jungle jims ?

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
NewfieEnvoy said:
I have a friend whose a scotch drinker and he's trying to get me into it, I thing he just needs a drinking partner :smile: Anyway its just not happening. I'm a beer drinker with many favorite rums but whisky is not my friend.

I'm a beer drinker too, as far as Scotch I have an unopened bottle of Chivas Regal that I got around 1985. It came in a fancy steel box and just sits there year after year......

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Denali n DOO said:
Interesting :undecided:, so what store in the States would my friend find that? He's going to Buffalo again next week, I wanna get some. I just bought 2 thirty packs of Bud cans from him that he got in the States. Your US beer prices are amazing! :thumbsup: Our prices suck, $2.20 for a tall boy Bud can is what I gotta pay :frown:

Go here,they have stores all over Buffalo and the suburbs,if you can't find it there you won't find it anywhere...Mike.
Consumers Beverages - Buffalo's Beer Store since 1948

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
willn513 said:

I live off 74 in IN. Batesville. I have been to both recently. I did like eastgate. My sister lives in mt Washington and bro in Wilder KY so in the area often.

Black_tb said:
do i hear a meet in the future at a jungle jims ?

That would be a damn good time!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I will drink just about anything, well at least try anything anyways. I cannot, absolutely cannot do patron....ick.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Jungle Jim's meet?!? Count me in! Trailz- Mt Washington is the next neighborhood over from mine. I'll keep an eye out for ya!

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
I really like Wyoming Whiskey.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Chilled shots of Patron Silver

12 or 15 yr Macallan

Never met a rum and coke I didn't like

Baileys on ice is like chocolate milk.

Makers Mark will keep me warm.

Knob Creek is yummy

Beer.....always like Miller Lite, Corona, Landshark. Have been enjoying the pale ale's for quite awhile now but either is welcome.

Sam Adams seasonal brews

Costco has a nice 3-beer set and the ale is very good.

What I have found a liking for and it goes down like very smooth, is Michelob Ultra Amber. The Amber removes the X-chromosone only status and is basically available everywhere.

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
jrSS said:
Morgan and rootbeer is damn good.

I prefer Sailor Jerry and rootbeer. E&J and Dr. Pepper is pretty good also. I'm on a budget so I mostly drink cheaper stuff but " If it's brown I'll drink it down " Don't like clear liquor unless it's in Jungle Juice. I drink more beer than liquor and thats normally Coors or Coors Light for my daily drink. My true love is dark beer. The darker the better, I want it to look like used motor oil.
Now I feel like I have a drinking problem. Lol.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Sailor jerry is damn good too....just bought some last weekend for a christmas party.

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
Anyone ever try RumChata? :raspberry:

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Man, nobody has mentioned cider! If I'm drinking, it's probably a cider in my hand. Angry orchard crisp Apple is my favorite. If it's not a cider in my hand, then it's a jack and coke.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Envoy4Life said:
Anyone ever try RumChata? :raspberry:

My mother-in-law bought me some last month. If you mix 1.5 oz of RumChata and 1 oz of Crown Royal Maple on the rocks, it tastes like Freeench Toast!

Ice cold Blue Moon with a slice of orange is my beverage of choice or a nice margarita with Patron.

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
dmanns67 said:
My mother-in-law bought me some last month. If you mix 1.5 oz of RumChata and 1 oz of Crown Royal Maple on the rocks, it tastes like Freeench Toast!

Ice cold Blue Moon with a slice of orange is my beverage of choice or a nice margarita with Patron.

mmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmm :yes: :yes: :yes:

our "day off" dinner the other night, which she had to drive home from :rotfl:
what? the waitress came and swapped my margarita with a full one 7 times without me noticing :raspberry: or at least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it...lol
2013-05-02191817.jpg

Too Fast

Jan 28, 2014
willn513 said:
I'm kind of a beer nerd. I love all the micro brews really. Bells, rogue, dogfish head, 3 Floyds, flying dog, Brooklyn brewery, harpoon, lost coast, ithica brewing, Southern Tier, Breckenridge, 2 Brothers... man I could go on and on and on. I like all different styles too, been on an ipa kick lately. Stone is great...

Local breweries here are good too, Mt. Carmel makes a beer just for my restaurant (Deweys Pizza). Check our website out (shameless plug...) Neighborhood Pizza Place - Local Beer | Dewey's Pizza we always rotate through great beer and wine lists.

Whew I just read the first posts here and thought nobody knew anything about beer and you name some top-notch breweries. I've been on an IPA kick the last 10 years, lol. None of that pale yellow fizzy stuff with a multi-million dollar ad campaign that makes you think you are a hit with the girls. Beechwood aged?!?!? Like, a couple chips of beechwood in large vats of beer will do anything.

May 5, 2013
My all time favorite is any of the 40 creek rye's mixed with lots of ice, a splash of sprite and lots of lime. As of this christmas gone, I've started to brew my own beer and make my own wine. So far I've made 5 gallons of american pale ale (almost gone), 6 gallons of hooch from frozen concentrate (bottle aging) and 6 gallons of mixed fruit country wine (bulk aging). I've got an american light (read coors light) kit to brew next and I might throw on some apple apple cider just for shits'n'giggles. Heres the hooch and the country wine for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• IMG-20140218-00053.jpg
    IMG-20140218-00053.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20140218-00054.jpg
    IMG-20140218-00054.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-20140218-00055.jpg
    IMG-20140218-00055.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 6

TB_n00b

Dec 19, 2011
Queens, NY
I'm big into whiskeys and bourbons. Always neat, or with a Whiskey stone.

Bourbons - Blantons, Knob Creek, Widow Jane, Rough Rider (hard to get outside LI area)

Ryes - Knob Creek, Redemption

Scotch - Lagavulin 16 (thanks Ron Swanson), Laphroaig 12

Beer - I tend to lean towards IPAs. I'm weird and like bitter flavors. I'll take a DFH any day.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like the IPA myself lately.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
I'm trying to get me a bottle of pappy van winkle and a bottle of crown royal xr the first will be really hard since only comes out on time a year

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
I'll drink any good IPA or sour. Still chasing the Russian River dragon. :thumbsup:

I do Captain and Coke for mixed drinks. I've also discovered a Whipped Cream Vodka from McCormick's. Mix it with Coke, and it's delicious. I refer to it as a "Creampuff". I know it sounds gross, but it really is good.

Jared

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online