Aarkon's Build Thread

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Got my led mirror inserts today from txblazer caint wait to install them

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
This is and a set of LED tails are probably one of the easiest and cheapest ways to update the look of the back of the trucks. Mine is running 2 years with issues. Now I need to order one for the Avalanche.

illy said:
some say 02-06 and then some say 07-12 so just making sure

Order 2 and send me the extra one.

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Well im gonna have to wait till warmer weather cause im also gonna paint my mirrors and put in my sequential arrows at the same time

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
7etaqusa.jpg
eqetehu8.jpg

Got my shirt in today! Plus went down and picked up my front drop shocks:biggrin:

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
eru6uda6.jpg

So I installed my front drop shocks taday and put in new swaybar links but somehow im liftdd in the front please someone tell me how this is possible my only thought is that its my springs

Reybestos

Well im retarded and flipped the base so now I gotta redo them

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Midnyteryder02 said:
:duh: :rotfl: :raspberry: haha we all have those moments!

It does, I was frantic in contacting Mark after installing the lift and realizing I used the big washers with my install.

Aarkon said:
Lol I gotta stop drinking

Nothing wrong with a few beers with some car work, just means you get more practice. And more beer.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
:hijack:

I thought I was going to see more Avalanche third brake lights! :hissyfit: Not other work completed... Is this a build thread?

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
djthumper said:
:hijack:

I thought I was going to see more Avalanche third brake lights! :hissyfit: Not other work completed... Is this a build thread?

Possibly the first time ever a thread has been jacked by the OP! :rotfl:

I think it turned from a single mod into a build thread. Regardless - nice work Aarkon, your TB is looking sharp! :thumbsup:

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
azunesu5.jpg

Just got my new wiper cowl plus my sub box,sub and amp just waiting on a few more parts

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Aarkon said:
azunesu5.jpg

Just got my new wiper cowl plus my sub box,sub and amp just waiting on a few more parts

Is that a Kicker 10"? I love the stealth boxes. They provide some good bass while allowing for a clean look and saving cargo space.

Looking forward to seeing the wipre cowl painted and installed. I think the cowl is next on my list. Are you painting it yourself or taking it to a shop?

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Its a 12 and a 1000 watt amp and im gonna have my brother in law paint it since he works in a body shop

illy

Jan 2, 2014
i actually have 2 of those stealth boxes for sale. both for 10 in sub. ones brand new ones a little ripped from shipping (which is why they sent me the new one for free :smile: )

illy

Jan 2, 2014
a4ezase3.jpg

vuduqydy.jpg

I mean they're not real fancy but they fit nice. I used the loaded one for 3 days till I decided I wanted more bass. The amp is bridgeable and shockingly strong.

I paid 165 for the loaded package I'm not selling the wiring kit, (which was awful anyway I used my own wires).

Let's say $60 for the empty box and 110 for it loaded with the amp. PM me if u want don't want to thread jack

illy

Jan 2, 2014
it looks like everything is wired down one side from the pic is that true? i was told its always best to run power down one side and everything else the other to stop interference

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Great spot for the amp, I have mine installed there as well. So far, even through the summer, I have not had any heat issues. You at least have the option to leave the cover off until you need some cargo space.

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
My ground is ran to the latch power to rear fuse box speakers to the right and everything else on the left side of the truck

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Ya ive done another tb and had the amp under the passanger seat but I wanted mine completely hidden I actually have an air tank and a bunch of tools I always keep in my trunk to figure out where to put now

illy

Jan 2, 2014
i just drilled a hole near the ones that were there for the hooks in the rear floor for my ground, just a little sand paper to get down to bare metal

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Aarkon said:
Ya ive done another tb and had the amp under the passanger seat but I wanted mine completely hidden I actually have an air tank and a bunch of tools I always keep in my trunk to figure out where to put now

Yeah same here. I ended up buying a rubbermaid trunk organizer. I think it is 12"x24". Fits all my tow straps, , ratchet straps, jumper cables, first aid kit, tools, ice scraper, etc. Plus it has velcro on the bottom to keep it from sliding around.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.