9-7x Rear Lowering Coils

Nate8727

Original poster
Dec 8, 2020
IL
Hello,

I converted the rear bag suspension to coils a few years ago with the Monroe 20017 kit.

I just replaced all four shocks with Bilstein 4600's and now I want to get shorter coils for the rear to make it level. Would this be incompatible with the Bilsteins?

If it works, does anyone know which coils I'll need to get the rear height to match the front? The front is around 31.75" from ground to fender lip. The rears are 34 1/2" with the Monroe coils. The front suspension is still stock height.

There isn't much info for this specific issue since Trailblazers are a little higher at stock and parts places that offer lowering suspension for a 9-7x are hard to find.

I've only found a belltech 4230 coil set, but one 9-7x owner on Amazon said it ended up as 31" in the rear, which is too short.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bumperquip

Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Area
I’ve done the very same using the Monroe kit and the rear of mine is quite lifted.

I’m not sure that if you’re not wanting to do a true “lowering” everything’s gonna be kind of a crap-shoot.

The alternative is to go back to the bags and adjust them to your liking ... I’m considering this myself.

But on the other hand, I very much covet this stance but I’m not getting this with air bags.

02B5B8D9-7833-4A53-A692-5267D71E77C9.jpeg

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There isn't much info for this specific issue since Trailblazers are a little higher at stock and parts places that offer lowering suspension for a 9-7x are hard to find.

Parts for TB's will swap directly into the 9-7x. Just stay within SWB TB's and not EXT's.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I'm at 31.5 all the way around in the Envoy and its super level. The trailblazer SS in the shot is stock height. Both have the beltech shocks and springs but 2 different kits I have the lowering kit on the Envoy while the Trailblazer got the stock height beltech kit.
20190613_173536.jpg
20190511_152514.jpg
The beltech kits sold over at tbssowners.com from NorcalSS are a solid choice to get that rear down.

Nate8727

Original poster
Dec 8, 2020
IL
I'm at 31.5 all the way around in the Envoy and its super level. The trailblazer SS in the shot is stock height. Both have the beltech shocks and springs but 2 different kits I have the lowering kit on the Envoy while the Trailblazer got the stock height beltech kit.
View attachment 99084
View attachment 99083
The beltech kits sold over at tbssowners.com from NorcalSS are a solid choice to get that rear down.

I haven't been able to access the store. It's always down for some reason.

Any idea which parts I would need?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online