2012 Meets thread - Ideas/discussion

kenmyfam

Member
Dec 11, 2011
168
South West Ontario, Canada
If we ever get a meet here we have a new toy that seats 10 now.
We will be there for the next long weekend and then the entire 2nd week of July plus a few days.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00758.JPG
    DSC00758.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00749.jpg
    DSC00749.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 6

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
kenmyfam said:
If we ever get a meet here we have a new toy that seats 10 now.
We will be there for the next long weekend and then the entire 2nd week of July plus a few days.

where is here? where is this campground located?
 

harmless

Original poster
Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,049
Nice!

I volunteer Greg as deep sea bait.

I figure, what, 50 feet of rope, an inner tube and some BBQ sauce to baste him in? We'll sit in the boat with the rifles.

Wait. How big are the fish in that lake of yours? :rotfl:

I watch too many movies, don't you think? :crazy:
 

kenmyfam

Member
Dec 11, 2011
168
South West Ontario, Canada
harmless said:
Nice!

I volunteer Greg as deep sea bait.

I figure, what, 50 feet of rope, an inner tube and some BBQ sauce to baste him in? We'll sit in the boat with the rifles.

Wait. How big are the fish in that lake of yours? :rotfl:

I watch too many movies, don't you think? :crazy:

The fish are not that big really but with a little "fattening up" from some good bait ??? :biggrin:
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
kenmyfam said:
Just down the road from you. Wildwood conservation area just outside of St Mary's.
Harmless has a link posted somewhere I think. Actually here is one for you.

Upper Thames River Conservation Authority

Yep, thought so! I use to hang a right there once a week heading from Stratford to St Marys (Stonetown). I might take you up on your offer for a visit if I have time. Bear Lake (muskoka) first week of July then Owen Sound for the second. I'll keep in touch and maybe PM you with my cell number. yep that would be a good place for a meet!!!
 

kenmyfam

Member
Dec 11, 2011
168
South West Ontario, Canada
Denali n DOO said:
Yep, thought so! I use to hang a right there once a week heading from Stratford to St Marys (Stonetown). I might take you up on your offer for a visit if I have time. Bear Lake (muskoka) first week of July then Owen Sound for the second. I'll keep in touch and maybe PM you with my cell number. yep that would be a good place for a meet!!!

Sounds great. We are there every weekend and long weekend as long as I am in the country (unlike now as I am in Korea on business again) Be back for the long weekend though.:biggrin:
 

harmless

Original poster
Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,049
Ok boys. Here are the days I am OFF and therefore, theoretically available to work on things. If it's not posted, then I am working. I might also have to pick up some OT so I can come out and play with you guys... :redface:

After my last two adventures with some of you guys, I have concluded that I can realistically only work on ONE truck only at a time. You guys just have too much for me to do, and there's not enough of me to go around. :crazy:

If you guys just wanna come down and shoot the shit and have good eats, then, that I can do with a group of ya. There's a wing place in Barrie (kinda like the one in Toronto), actually, it is like the one in Toronto. There's tons of scenic routes to travel on and places we can have shoots. :thumbsup:

I'm up for any meet, as long as I'm off! (nudge nudge, Greg:tongue:)

August 11 (1/2 day), 12, 15, 16, 17(busy in evening), 21, 22.
August 24th to 31st I have my eldest son here. I can plug him into the Xbox if someone shows up. :biggrin: I drive him back home on the 31st, AM... I might just take a run out to Sudz that day... :undecided:
September 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 15, 16, 19, 20, 24, 29, 30
October 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28, 31 (I always take Haloween off).

There. That should keep you chaps busy for a bit. Don't be afraid to show up during the week either, for those of you who do shift work...

:Lager Louts:
 

CdnGMan

Member
Nov 22, 2011
1,393
Toronto
harmless said:
Ok boys. Here are the days I am OFF and therefore, theoretically available to work on things. If it's not posted, then I am working. I might also have to pick up some OT so I can come out and play with you guys... :redface:
Sounds like you're already setting up your excuse for when you have to ditch us again... geeez...

After my last two adventures with some of you guys, I have concluded that I can realistically only work on ONE truck only at a time. You guys just have too much for me to do, and there's not enough of me to go around. :crazy:
That's not true... you just need to be a better manager or delegate better... :raspberry:
There's no reason that you have to do EVERYTHING man... I'm sure that Darren & Garnett are capable people... and yes, didn't include myself on purpose as most of my mods are electricity based and I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't do electricity... :no:

If you guys just wanna come down and shoot the shit and have good eats, then, that I can do with a group of ya. There's a wing place in Barrie (kinda like the one in Toronto), actually, it is like the one in Toronto. There's tons of scenic routes to travel on and places we can have shoots. :thumbsup:
Then let's do that... there's no reason it has to be a "work" meet... let's just go out and have some fun and enjoy the scenery... :yes:

I'm up for any meet, as long as I'm off! (nudge nudge, Greg:tongue:)
Yeah, yeah... I've heard that before.... sheeesh!

August 11 (1/2 day), 12, 15, 16, 17(busy in evening), 21, 22.
August 24th to 31st I have my eldest son here. I can plug him into the Xbox if someone shows up. :biggrin: I drive him back home on the 31st, AM... I might just take a run out to Sudz that day... :undecided:
September 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 15, 16, 19, 20, 24, 29, 30
October 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28, 31 (I always take Haloween off).
I'm thinking that we should look at late September - early October as it starts snowing around the middle of the month up north... right Stef?? :raspberry:

There. That should keep you chaps busy for a bit. Don't be afraid to show up during the week either, for those of you who do shift work...
Shift work?? Ewwwww! :biggrin:
 

harmless

Original poster
Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,049
CdnGMan said:
Sounds like you're already setting up your excuse for when you have to ditch us again... geeez...

Dammit. You got me. :poke: :rotfl:

CdnGMan said:
That's not true... you just need to be a better manager or delegate better... :raspberry:
There's no reason that you have to do EVERYTHING man... I'm sure that Darren & Garnett are capable people... and yes, didn't include myself on purpose as most of my mods are electricity based and I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't do electricity... :no:

"It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with a bunch of turkeys." Applicable in many life moments... :raspberry:

CdnGMan said:
Then let's do that... there's no reason it has to be a "work" meet... let's just go out and have some fun and enjoy the scenery... :yes:

LOL. Up until this year, that's what they were... then someone, *cough* not mentioning any names *couGreggh* decided to start making "lists" :deal: up for a certain underpaid slave to complete... :bonk:

CdnGMan said:
Yeah, yeah... I've heard that before.... sheeesh!

Just puttin' it out there... :whisptersecret:

CdnGMan said:
I'm thinking that we should look at late September - early October as it starts snowing around the middle of the month up north... right Stef?? :raspberry:

Why wait that long?!? August is ripe with days off!! :wootwoot:

CdnGMan said:
Shift work?? Ewwwww! :biggrin:

I work 260 hours within a block of 7 weeks. Day and afternoons. No graveyards. I get a TON of time off. Every 7 weeks I get a week (7 days) off. This is above my stats and vacation credits... I can use two vacation credits and turn that into 14 days, or I can use 4 days and turn it into 21 days off. I also know my schedule almost 2 years ahead of time. Find me a 9 to 5 jobber out there that has those perks.

The only down side? I work with a bunch of assholes all day. :biggrin:

I've been there, done that. Gimme this shiftwork any day. :coffee:
 

06Envoy

Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
harmless said:
:biggrin: I drive him back home on the 31st, AM... I might just take a run out to Sudz that day... :undecided: :Lager Louts:

Ah Ha! Yes! Yes! Yes! Come on out to Sudz!
What time on the 31st?
I usually get off work about noonish.

I don't have to go to the Pearson airport to pick up my wife and kids until Sat Sept1.
We can race drive back south on Sat. :wootwoot:

Although, on my gravel road Harmless may get stuck or dirty or both! :raspberry:
Tell you what, I'll bring out the GRADER and smooth things over just for Harmless, mkay???
 

harmless

Original poster
Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,049
06Envoy said:
Ah Ha! Yes! Yes! Yes! Come on out to Sudz!
What time on the 31st?
I usually get off work about noonish.

I don't have to go to the Pearson airport to pick up my wife and kids until Sat Sept1.
We can race drive back south on Sat. :wootwoot:

Although, on my gravel road Harmless may get stuck or dirty or both! :raspberry:
Tell you what, I'll bring out the GRADER and smooth things over just for Harmless, mkay???

Trade your grader in for a paver and we have a deal. :biggrin: :raspberry: :rotfl:

It would be a day trip. I have to have him back home for noonish. We're leaving here at 8am, so the timing will be about right. 1 hour from the Bay to Sudz... I should be there some time after 1pm. I'm not sure if Momma Bear's gonna come with me...

Hey Garnet, would you mind scoping out a location for me? Or maybe SSE1990? Someone from out there? It's in the Valley. My old hood. There *WAS* a nice place for a sandy photo shoot out there... But it's been a while since I've been out that way and don't know if it's been built over.

It used to be accessible - I drove my Sunfire through it a few times... :crazy:

I would also be entertaining to see you all faint as I take harmless into the wild. :rotfl:
 

06Envoy

Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
harmless said:
Trade your grader in for a paver and we have a deal. :biggrin: :raspberry: :rotfl:

It would be a day trip. I have to have him back home for noonish. We're leaving here at 8am, so the timing will be about right. 1 hour from the Bay to Sudz... I should be there some time after 1pm. I'm not sure if Momma Bear's gonna come with me...

Hey Garnet, would you mind scoping out a location for me? Or maybe SSE1990? Someone from out there? It's in the Valley. My old hood. There *WAS* a nice place for a sandy photo shoot out there... But it's been a while since I've been out that way and don't know if it's been built over.

It used to be accessible - I drove my Sunfire through it a few times... :crazy:

I would also be entertaining to see you all faint as I take harmless into the wild. :rotfl:
Sure, I can scope out the location for a 'Wild African Safari with Harmless' photo shoot! Just send me a txt or pm with the details.
But I have bad news. I've just been informed that I'm being shipped off to Ottawa that week for training which means my truck can't go play with Harmless on Friday the 31st. :hissyfit:

The good news is that I can meet up with the fellow members from the Ottawa area on the weekend of Aug 25-26! :yes:
Any one up for a mini-meet? Which is usually dinner and a photo-op!
 

muddy tires

Member
Dec 5, 2011
63
kenmyfam said:
Well guys and gals the campground has been open for the last 3 weeks. We are there every weekend when I am not on a business trip and the boat is launching to it's dock at the end of next week.
If anyone is in the area feel free to stop by.:smile:

Hey guys, you really should pay kenmyfam a visit. We were in St Marys this past weekend and were camping at Wildwood. I looked up Paul and, after a few false attempts, we finally ended up meeting up for a beer. He's a friendly guy with a sweet setup. We'll be giving him a shout next time through to take him up on his offer of a tour of the lake. There is also a pretty good mountain bike trail around the park if anybody is into that.

Unfortunately it didn't really count as a meet because I was travelling in my GMT900 (much more comfortable for pulling the camper). Paul, nice meeting you.
 

kenmyfam

Member
Dec 11, 2011
168
South West Ontario, Canada
muddy tires said:
Hey guys, you really should pay kenmyfam a visit. We were in St Marys this past weekend and were camping at Wildwood. I looked up Paul and, after a few false attempts, we finally ended up meeting up for a beer. He's a friendly guy with a sweet setup. We'll be giving him a shout next time through to take him up on his offer of a tour of the lake. There is also a pretty good mountain bike trail around the park if anybody is into that.

Unfortunately it didn't really count as a meet because I was travelling in my GMT900 (much more comfortable for pulling the camper). Paul, nice meeting you.

Counts as a meet to me !!! :biggrin: It was great to meet you and your family as well. Next time we will get some serious boating, tubing and water skiing done followed by some serious food and drinking !!!! :biggrin:
Everyone, I will be there early Friday morning and all weekend till late Monday if there is any interest. A few campsites (none electric) still available according to the website and a good weather forecast.
I am heading back from Korea on Thursday (Typhoon Bolaven permitting) :eek:
 

CdnGMan

Member
Nov 22, 2011
1,393
Toronto
Ok Ladies... It's time to piss or get off the pot...

Who's up for a meet on September 29 - preferably up in the Midland area in order for some nice seasonal shots and to breathe some life into that sleepy town??

I know that Stef's not in jail that day, so he should be good - unless he breaks a nail or something... :poke:

What about the rest of you?? :popcorn:
 

harmless

Original poster
Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,049
129066611929114068.jpg


:biggrin:
 

harmless

Original poster
Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,049
Yay! I finally got one on you!!!

Wait. What?! Shit. Is this a true win or did I just fail-win?! Maaaannnnn. Even winning I fail at this summer! Lolz
 

06Envoy

Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
I'll see if I can talk Kirk into driving down... with his new to him TB, not his z28... :thumbsup:

I'll tell him that you have loaded Newfies there! :wootwoot:
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
06Envoy said:
I'll see if I can talk Kirk into driving down... with his new to him TB, not his z28... :thumbsup:

I'll tell him that you have loaded Newfies there! :wootwoot:

Did someone say Newfies? Jiggs Dinner with salt beef or a lobster fest n beers? I'm in...:thumbsup:
 

harmless

Original poster
Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,049
Denali n DOO said:
Did someone say Newfies? Jiggs Dinner with salt beef or a lobster fest n beers? I'm in...:thumbsup:

Loaded newfie. Read the whole line. :raspberry:

And no, it's not a drunken islander. It's a chipstand food dish.

A very filling one at that. :smile:
 

06Envoy

Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
I'm in. Bring on the loaded islander's! Oh wait! My wife is back, I've got one already! :tongue:
 

Kirkz28

Member
Aug 28, 2012
20
I should be able to make it, just might have to bring my co-pilot (son) depending on my wife's work schedule for that weekend.
 

CdnGMan

Member
Nov 22, 2011
1,393
Toronto
Kirkz28 said:
I should be able to make it, just might have to bring my co-pilot (son) depending on my wife's work schedule for that weekend.

Good stuff!! It'll be good to meet ya Kirk... :2thumbsup:

Darren / Garnet, what about you two?? How about you Spike?

I'll assume that Stef will schedule a nail appt for the Friday so he can have his fingers all taped up ahead of time... :poke:
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
CdnGMan said:
Good stuff!! It'll be good to meet ya Kirk... :2thumbsup:

Darren / Garnet, what about you two?? How about you Spike?

I'll assume that Stef will schedule a nail appt for the Friday so he can have his fingers all taped up ahead of time... :poke:

Hmmm, I'm still a one vehicle family so I can't commit yet. I have had a car that's for sale sitting in my garage for last two weeks that I'm considering to buy, im hiding it now so no one else can buy it. I'll for sure try to attend but just can't commit yet.

What about Fire06, Mesoholics, Spike, dave stumph, ieatglue? Can you guys attend? I think there's a possibility of a good turn out?
 

harmless

Original poster
Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,049
Denali n DOO said:
Hmmm, I'm still a one vehicle family so I can't commit yet. I have had a car that's for sale sitting in my garage for last two weeks that I'm considering to buy, im hiding it now so no one else can buy it. I'll for sure try to attend but just can't commit yet.

What about Fire06, Mesoholics, Spike, dave stumph, ieatglue? Can you guys attend? I think there's a possibility of a good turn out?

There always is a possibility... People just need to step up to the plate!!

As for your "one vehicle family"... :poke: Most of us are in the same boat and yet, still we go. :raspberry:

*I* on the other hand, will be attending a manicure on Friday, and a Frontal Lobotomy on Saturday, so I can't go. :raspberry:

I'm kidding. I'll have the truck cleaned up and ready for the 29th, lest it kill me. For you other slackers who need me to finish mods, you might wanna get your asses in gear. You're running out of time for this year. :eek: :tongue:
 

Spike

Member
I will be in Peru that week. but should be back by the weekend.

harmless said:
There always is a possibility... People just need to step up to the plate!!

As for your "one vehicle family"... :poke: Most of us are in the same boat and yet, still we go. :raspberry:

*I* on the other hand, will be attending a manicure on Friday, and a Frontal Lobotomy on Saturday, so I can't go. :raspberry:

I'm kidding. I'll have the truck cleaned up and ready for the 29th, lest it kill me. For you other slackers who need me to finish mods, you might wanna get your asses in gear. You're running out of time for this year. :eek: :tongue:
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
Where we meeting :undecided:? I'm with Spike on the maybe stay over thing. If there is a Hotel close by with a indoor pool I would consider to bring wife and kids and stay overnight.

Hey, lets all sleep over at HarmleSS's place :raspberry: everyone bring a tent :biggrin:....
 

06Envoy

Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
I'm in for bring wife/kids if thats what we choose.
Not so sure about staying overnight though....Stef's backyard isn't big enough for all the tents required!!!! :raspberry:

IIRC, there is a park in town, where we could all hang out. There's a DQ nearby too!!! Hmmmm...... Oreo cookie Mcflury!!!! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Opps DQ is Blizzard.......
 

harmless

Original poster
Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,049
Wow. Ummmkai. Midland doesn't have that many attractions! :redface: What would we do for two days?!

There's a big park, yes, a DQ, yes, a few nice places for pics, yes (just look at my pics to see them), Wasaga Beach is 1 hr away, Collingwood (there's a nice spot for pics out there) is an extra 1/2 from Wasaga. There's things to do in Barrie, but I'm still not sure about pic locations there. Orillia is 40 minutes from here. Vaughan Mills is about 1 1/2hrs from here.

Wow. I'm pretty damn central to everything, aren't I!

There's two hotels here (Midland) with pools... Maybe 3. Dunno. I can go canvass prices if that's what you guys want me to do! Let me know what's needed!

I have no room for tents here. Once I get a house with a *real* back yard, then I'd be more than willing to entertain campers/tents! :thumbsup:
 

06Envoy

Member
Dec 4, 2011
419
Speaking of Vaughan, I have to go to the Ikea store. Maybe I'll combine the trip, and stay overnight at my parents.... Hmmmm....
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
What about the Best Western Plus Highland Inn in Midland. Looks like they got a pool and nice rooms :thumbsup:. I'm not sure if this is a good location or how much a night here would cost :undecided:? HarmleSS, what do you know about this place?

We could meet sometime in the afternoon at the hotel. Then convoy somewhere for pics and a meet , 5min away or 1/2 hour away, whatever. Then go somewhere for dinner n drinks :Lager Louts::Lager Louts:....and then back to the Hotel for more drinks :Lager Louts::Lager Louts:, swimming or whatever? Breakfast and swimming Sunday and then head home?
 

Attachments

  • 66060_pbimg12.jpg
    66060_pbimg12.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 66060_pbimg13.jpg
    66060_pbimg13.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 66060_pbimg7.jpg
    66060_pbimg7.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 66060_pbimg9.jpg
    66060_pbimg9.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 29

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,228
Posts
637,061
Members
18,390
Latest member
goblineer

Members Online