2004 Chevy Trailblazer 4 Sale!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I am best friends with the owner of a dealership...I know how he makes money. I could never be a salesman. Far too honest.

04TBowner

Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
I will more than likely wait until next May. That way I will have it paid off and have at least 3500 to put down on another vehicle

I see that could be a good thing though for individuals like myself. You would never put anyone in the position I am currently in!!!!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
If you want it...play hardball. They take the TB in trade for the 6k owed. Then you are free n clear and they finance you straight up on the 2012.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Simple. Say take this truck in trade and pay it off. Sell me this one with the best financing you can get me.

Any decent dealer has a dozen banks/creditors they can shop your deal through.

You already made the mistake of working a finance vs cash deal but in your situation its not the end of the world

04TBowner

Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
Cool I have an appointment Monday at a dealership in Niles,Mi I will let you know how this works out!!! Wish me luck

If that doesn't work I just might have to go to your best friends dealership and see if he can work something out for me!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Wow this went sideways...Fast! Kyle is right you can trade in non paid off vehicles...hell the local Dodge dealers around here are on a blitz trying to get people to trade in and trade up. But I gotta ask....what are you asking of the vehicle. Do you want a solid 4x4 that will get through anything you want to go through within reason or do you just want a glorified minivan that promises that it can do what the older truck can do. If it's #1 keep the trailblazer if it's #2 by all means go for the equinox. But do not come onto an enthusiast site and start arguing with members and moderators alike when they try to provide advice to help with your current situation.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Not sure if you're using Tapatalk that conceals profile information, but I'm an administrator on the site, and Kyle is a Senior Moderator and our #1 poster. And (as was pointed out) this is an enthusiast site with thousands of combined years of vehicle ownership experience. Rolling over an upside-down car loan is like an abusive paycheck advance loan you can never get ahead of. TIme to stop the insanity is NOW. Keep the TB for the winter. You're going to appreciate a working 4WD. Defer your gratification for something different and newer. Suck it up and embrace your choice and resist the urge to fall in love with something else.

Changing vehicles is a bit like a divorce - it's not gonna be cheap for the one who thought of it first.

And NEVER, EVER focus on the amount of the monthly payment. That's what slimy car salespeople count on when amateurs go to buy vehicles. Bottom line is the purchase price. ONLY the purchase price. You can almost always do better financing through a credit union than through the dealer. Even if they have a lot of options, they can STILL overcharge you on the interest rate and accept a kickback from the finance company.

Just don't let on you're in a hurry to jump into bed with somebody new .... I mean some new vehicle. Your negotiating position just evaporated and you'll only hate yourself in the morning.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
After reading this thread and seeing how crass a moderator of all people was towards the OP i am second guessing if this site has a culture that i want to be part of. The moderator could have used MUCH MORE tact to say the same thing instead of accusing the OP of trying to rape another member.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
r1894 said:
Looks like some posts got deleted from 1:53 AM to 8:46 AM. Sad to see the higher ups on this site cover up their tracks and leave the topic up....why wouldn't you just delete the thread? :twocents:
Nothing got deleted, I was here during all of it and it's all still there. Just because the OP posted 3 times in a row in places doesn't mean stuff got deleted...it was scattered like that the whole time.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I looked through the thread again and all posts still appear to be there.

Mounce is correct, the OP would post two or three times in a row versus using the "edit" button or "quote" button to separate thoughts.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
r1894 said:
Then what's the issue with the thread? :crazy: :confused:
Idk, you're the one calling things out.

I only looked back to around 12:50 and everything is still there. Like I said, I was here watching it unfold and I see nothing missing.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Ok we are done here...sorry eh?

Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nope. I was accused of a cover up... I was brutally honest and it seems to have helped the OP. Sometimes tough love is the best way.

However I did not hide anything. If anyone has an issue with what I posted. Feel free to address it with me. I have nothing to hide. I own up to being an asshole. The world not all roses and participation trophies are BS...we need some tough love n assholes sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude