2001 silverado 1500HD No DIC, No PRNDL, No tach, No fuel gauge, No AC controls!!!!

king_strut

Original poster
Dec 17, 2020
Florida
Ok, so here are the details of my truck and the issue I have. It is a 2001 Chevy SIlverado 1500HD 4wd with auto a/c. I went to my truck the other day and turned the key on, fired the truck up and went to turn on the a/c. Nothing happened at all, no blower motor no compressor no lights on a/c control panel other than a/c on light which got brighter when I tried to turn the fan speed up and which also would not turn off neither would the recirc. Then, I noticed that I had no tach and the fuel gauge and the temp gauge were neither one work along with the info center and the PRNDL! I checked every fuse and every relay I could find including the ones under the dash beside the brake pedal which have nothing to do with what I am having trouble with as far as I have ever know. I have been a mechanic for a very very long time and have never seen this issue before and have checked all the grounds I could remember the location of. I have two other trucks of the same gen tried the cluster from both same issue. Tried the a/c control panel from both and again same issue! Solus says no codes and gave no help at all GRRRRR!!!! Any ideas guys? I really want my truck back to full working order and am stumped! Thanks for any help you can offer in advance!!!

azswiss

May 23, 2021
Tempe, AZ
If the fuses/relays are good, grounds are OK, no network codes, and swapping out cluster & HVAC modules does not make a difference then the next step is to verify if power is making it from the fuses to the modules & cluster. The links below provide power distribution info for the cluster & HVAC controller & blower. One *potential* culprit could be a broken trace(s) in the underside of the fuse block.

Instrument Cluster Schematics: IGN 1, IGN 0, Cruise, Radio Fuses

HVAC Schematics: Blower Controls - Primary (Primary Blower Controls)

Here is a link to a recent problem/solution involving broken traces underneath the junction block:
long crank after engine suddenly stops (see post #37)

Edit: Ignition switch should also be checked.

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This issue is very reminiscent of a "Rodent Depredation" Issue occurring under similar circumstances:

Before you begin to explore these areas of your own Truck:

... BEWARE BECOMING INFECTED WITH THE HANTA VIRUS (HPS) THAT EITHER KILLS 40% OF ITS VICTIMS...OR DESTROYS THEIR QUALITY OF LIFE ...UTTERLY.

(1) Wear M11 Nitrile Gloves, an N-95 Mask and Eye Protection.
(2) Do NOT employ Canned or Compressed Air during Clean Up.
(3) Use Bleach and Water on Rags (or 5% Calcium Hypo-Chlorate).
(4) Carefully Treat and Wipe up Feces and Dried Urine with Wet Rags.
(4) Find and Use the BEST Wiring Diagrams to Refer to during Repairs.
(5) Use a Headband Flashlight for such close work.
(6) Prepare your areas with Heat Shrink Tubing and Good Solder.
(7) A Butane Soldering Torch Kit is your BFF in this case.
(8) Distribute Peppermint Oil Soaked Pads all around the locations where Rats & Mice can Nest.

Visit THIS Link and View the Screen Prints Below:

SILVERADOWIRINGDAMAGE1.jpgSILVERADOWIRINGDAMAGE2.jpgSILVERADOWIRINGDAMAGE3.jpgSILVERADOWIRINGDAMAGE4.jpg

Attachments

• Clinician Brief_ Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS) _ Hantavirus _ CDC.pdf
    57.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Clinical Overview of Hantavirus _ Hantavirus _ CDC.pdf
    32.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hologram

Members Online