08' Trailblazer Power Window Problem

Black08TB

Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
Yesterday I went to lower my driver door window and I heard something pop, and the motor working but the window going nowhere. It's stuck closed thankfully, but I hate not having my window down or cracked. So my motor is good and I started looking at window regulators. Seems they are cable actuated, and something I've never messed with. Anyone have pointers on how easy or difficult it is to replace a window regulator to get it working again. I checked Rock Auto and they have AC Delco Reman units and Dorman replacements. Do the Dormans hold up? I'm leaning toward the AC Delco reman, since they are OEM and should be an exact fit. Like I said, any info or suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Although I don't have any experience with this particular part, Dorman is generally not a good product for anything except simple parts like nuts and bolts. Anything electrical seems to not last with them. I'd go ACDelco.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I just replaced mine this weekend. Lol. It's pretty straight forward remove door panel, remove 2 screws holding the window glass to tracks. Do put a piece of wood or anything that's not going to brake the glass at the bottom of the inside of the door. Your going to need to put the window up as close to the closed position as possible and hold it there with what ever works for you ex.another person, piece of wood, rubber end of a plier. Snap a pic at this point so you can remember how the cable/wires run. There are another 5 or 6 screws holding the regulator in place remove those and slide the old one out and slide the new assembly in.

As far as buying new not sure I brought a used unit at a used parts lot. The part was from an 04 so I had to switch a few things out between my 08. I got it to work correctly and thats what counts.

Attachments

• 20151012_132157.jpg
    20151012_132157.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20151012_153607.jpg
    20151012_153607.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20151012_151257.jpg
    20151012_151257.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Yea it's really easy to change. Ive gone through 2 on my SS. I replaced both with AC Delco. My father works at a Chevy Dealership so I get all his discounts :celebrate:.

Should take you about 30 minutes if it's your first time. I held the window up buy using tape since I was by myself.

Ziggy

Feb 8, 2015
Bonus points for being able to keep the glass in the door when replacing the regulator. I've done several in all different kinds of cars, and every one I've done, the glass had to come out.

Black08TB

Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
You got that right Ziggy, keeping the window in the door is definitely a good thing, should make it a lot easier!

Black08TB

Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
Through another round of parts at the Trailblazer this afternoon. Rock Auto has a kit for the Serpentine belt, Tensioner and Idler, Gates brand made in Canada, $68.79. They are original and due to be replaced. New AC Delco pollution pump $95.79 and the ReMan AC Delco door regulator $74.25. Took a few hours to install the bunch of parts but I wasn't rushing either. Truck is up to snuff for the winter and my driver's window works great! Very easy to install and only had a small set back. The window went opposite of what the switch called for, down is up etc. Checked the instructions and it stated if that happens just swap the two wires at the plug for the motor to change polarity. No sweat, took 5 minutes and a small finish nail to do that. Very happy with the parts, everything fit and is name brand!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Awesome. Glad all turned out well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Members Online