07+ rear windowshield wiper arm

jrSS

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
3,950
Got mine today...ordered off ebay for $55. Brand new. The thing that pisses me off is that the damn thing didn't come with the plastic snap piece after bolted on. And another question...where to get the new wiper blade(auto parts store or dealer issued only?)
 

jrSS

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
3,950
I am talkin about the black plastic cap that covers the nut
 

hdodd1

Member
Dec 3, 2011
25
When I did mine it didn't come with cap either. Got it at the dealer very little money...the blade is a dealer only item.
 

jrSS

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
3,950
Thanks appreciate ur comment...I was lookin all over the damn house for it (thought I lost it) lol.
 

Matt

Member
Dec 2, 2011
4,030
What you can also do with the blade, is buy a replacement at wherever, cut the rubber down and thread it in. When I had an 07 arm, that's what I did...still do it with the wife's Rav.
 

Jkust

Member
Dec 4, 2011
946
I never understood this mod. I have two 07 360's now and had a 2004 prior and other than a slightly updated look, what's the fuss?
 

Jkust

Member
Dec 4, 2011
946
Me007gold said:
Thats just it, it looks better.

Ok, makes sense now.
 

tbuckalew14

Member
Nov 20, 2011
380
I upgraded mine after the old one stopped seating properly.

Here is the part number for the cap if you need it. It took me a while to find it. 15262789
Wiper blade part number 15232655

The cap cost me I think 60 some cents.
 

Mooseman

Moderator
Dec 4, 2011
25,599
Ottawa, ON
I considered going this route when I broke my original arm but $20 for the same original or $55 + other hardware, I went with the same old arm. I actually like the look. The new one looks like something from a Beamer or VW.:biggrin:
 

jrSS

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
3,950
tbuckalew14 said:
I upgraded mine after the old one stopped seating properly.

Here is the part number for the cap if you need it. It took me a while to find it. 15262789
Wiper blade part number 15232655

The cap cost me I think 60 some cents.

i dont care what everyone says about u..... ur alright lol by the way got my shirts and they look bad ass:wootwoot:
 

jrSS

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
3,950
TexazReece said:
U can use the anco or MAC blades. I've used anco and does the job well. Search on eBay

I bought one from ebay for $13. Anco
 

Regulator

Member
Nov 20, 2011
2,496
silvernclean said:
I bought one from ebay for $13. Anco

when does that get delivered though? :raspberry:
 

Matt

Member
Dec 2, 2011
4,030
Mooseman said:
I considered going this route when I broke my original arm but $20 for the same original or $55 + other hardware, I went with the same old arm. I actually like the look. The new one looks like something from a Beamer or VW.:biggrin:

I did that, sort of, in reverse. I bought the 07 arm, threw out the original :smile:hissyfit:smile: and proceeded to break the new one when I tried to replace the blade with a RainX one. Bought a new "old" arm and modified it to include a second washer nozzle that actually washes the entire surface of the rear window.
 

Dad-O-Matic

Member
Dec 5, 2011
228
tbuckalew14 said:
I upgraded mine after the old one stopped seating properly.

Here is the part number for the cap if you need it. It took me a while to find it. 15262789
Wiper blade part number 15232655

The cap cost me I think 60 some cents.

I got mine as a kit, arm, blade, cap and ramp combined for $57.50 plus $8.50 shipping.

Didn't need the ramp, the new arm fits in the old ramp, so I guess I've got a backup.
02-09 Trailblazer Rear Wiper Arm Replacement Kit OEM | eBay
 

tbuckalew14

Member
Nov 20, 2011
380
Dad-O-Matic said:
I got mine as a kit, arm, blade, cap and ramp combined for $57.50 plus $8.50 shipping.

Didn't need the ramp, the new arm fits in the old ramp, so I guess I've got a backup.
02-09 Trailblazer Rear Wiper Arm Replacement Kit OEM | eBay

I bought mine from gmpartsshop.com Same people. Few bucks cheaper through their website than on ebay though...
 

BINGA

Member
Jun 8, 2012
238
tbuckalew14 said:
I bought mine from gmpartsshop.com Same people. Few bucks cheaper through their website than on ebay though...

Actual gmpartsshop.com listing...hope this is a typo or i'm reading it wrong as to pricing for the cap. I'll prob just go to my local gm dealer to confirm

Wiper arm, Cap
COVER - Short wheel base
List Price : $30.45
Your Price : $19.96
Quantity:






Wiper arm, Nut
NUT - Short wheel base
List Price : $1.87
Your Price : $1.17
Quantity:






Wiper arm, Wiper arm
ARM R/WDO - Short wheel base
List Price : $60.08
Your Price : $34.55
Quantity:
 

IHZ05VOY

Member
Dec 8, 2011
73
For anyone that wants to do this mod, gmpartsdirect.com is the best way to go right now

Part #
15232653 ARM $30.94
15232655 BLADE $7.21
15262789 Cap $0.57

dont forget the 15 bucks of S&H, about 54 dollars TOTAL.
 

MacMan

Member
Mar 3, 2012
194
Me007gold said:
Thats just it, it looks better.

No, that's only part of the change. The '07 arm & blade is a BIG improvement in function, along with looking a LOT better. The old design is well known for doing a POOR job of wiping. It often will not wipe all the way to the tip of the blade.

The metal frame also gets rust in the pivot points, not allowing the blade to move properly....another reason for the poor wiping job, and the washer unit will constantly slide back toward the pivot and kink the hose.

'07 blade is FAR superior in looks AND function.
 

miron

Member
Dec 29, 2011
56
Is there a sticky for this? I want to replace the arm on my '06 Envoy with a perty sleek new one.
 

willbill92

Member
Feb 15, 2014
176
IHZ05VOY said:
For anyone that wants to do this mod, gmpartsdirect.com is the best way to go right now

Part #
15232655 BLADE $7.21
.

How many inches is this wiper blade I just bought a new 16 inch is this too big?:confused:
 

dmanns67

Member
Apr 3, 2013
32,979
Ohio
willbill92 said:
How many inches is this wiper blade I just bought a new 16 inch is this too big?:confused:

The wiper blade on my 07 TB is 13.5". When I replace it every year, I buy either a 14" or 16", depending on what is available, and cut it down to 13.5".

You have to reuse the two metal inserts that run along the wipe blade on the original one.

I think if you buy one from the dealership you get the blade and the arm, but it is cheaper and easier to just cut and replace the wiper blade itself.
 

willbill92

Member
Feb 15, 2014
176
dmanns67 said:
The wiper blade on my 07 TB is 13.5". When I replace it every year, I buy either a 14" or 16", depending on what is available, and cut it down to 13.5".

You have to reuse the two metal inserts that run along the wipe blade on the original one.

I think if you buy one from the dealership you get the blade and the arm, but it is cheaper and easier to just cut and replace the wiper blade itself.

What do the metal inserts look like I just ordered the wiper arm and the cap from gm parts direct. Do I need to have the metal inserts if I use a beam blade wiper?
 

dmanns67

Member
Apr 3, 2013
32,979
Ohio
willbill92 said:
What do the metal inserts look like I just ordered the wiper arm and the cap from gm parts direct. Do I need to have the metal inserts if I use a beam blade wiper?

There are two 1/8" wide metal strips that run down each side of a wiper blade inside of a groove. Since I buy a 14"-16" wiper blade, the metal strips are too long. You could cut them down along with the wiper blade, but it is quicker to just reuse the orginal ones.

I am sure you could order a new arm and wiper blade from gmpartsdirect, but I can spend $10, or less, for just a wiper blade. They usually run in a groove along the top side of a wiper blade.

willbill92 said:
Bracketless Windshield Wiper Blade - 16 inches : Amazon.com : Automotive

This is the current rear wiper blade that I have will this work without the metal inserts?

That is too big for mine and would not work. The total length of the arm that holds my wiper blade is about 13.75". Is that wiper blade on amazon.com what you have currently installed?
 

willbill92

Member
Feb 15, 2014
176
dmanns67 said:
There are two 1/8" wide metal strips that run down each side of a wiper blade inside of a groove. Since I buy a 14"-16" wiper blade, the metal strips are too long. You could cut them down along with the wiper blade, but it is quicker to just reuse the orginal ones.

I am sure you could order a new arm and wiper blade from gmpartsdirect, but I can spend $10, or less, for just a wiper blade. They usually run in a groove along the top side of a wiper blade.



That is too big for mine and would not work. The total length of the arm that holds my wiper blade is about 13.75". Is that wiper blade on amazon.com what you have currently installed?

Yes this is the one that I have installed. I still have the old wiper blade could I just use the metal strip from that?
 

Boricua SS

Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
willbill92 said:
How many inches is this wiper blade I just bought a new 16 inch is this too big?:confused:

not relevant to the topic, but I just wanted to say that I love it when people search before asking their questions. Reviving old threads instead of making new ones... priceless! :rotfl:

Hope you get your blade figured out :thumbsup:
 

dmanns67

Member
Apr 3, 2013
32,979
Ohio
willbill92 said:
Yes this is the one that I have installed. I still have the old wiper blade could I just use the metal strip from that?

I don't see why not, but you must be using a different style than mine. I am still using the OE wiper arm and yours is about 2.5" longer. When you buy a brand new wiper blade, they should already have the metal strips with it.
 

willbill92

Member
Feb 15, 2014
176
dmanns67 said:
I don't see why not, but you must be using a different style than mine. I am still using the OE wiper arm and yours is about 2.5" longer. When you buy a brand new wiper blade, they should already have the metal strips with it.

The wiper arm for the 04 model is 16 inches and I think they made them smaller when they changed to the new one. But my old wipers did have those metal strips in them so once the new arm comes in I will see if I need them or not.:smile:
 

dmanns67

Member
Apr 3, 2013
32,979
Ohio
willbill92 said:
The wiper arm for the 04 model is 16 inches and I think they made them smaller when they changed to the new one. But my old wipers did have those metal strips in them so once the new arm comes in I will see if I need them or not.:smile:

Haha my bad. I am using tapatalk and did not realize you had the stock wiper arm on your 04 Voy. I assumed you converted to the 07+ wiper arm style based on the title of the thread. You should be good then.
 

willbill92

Member
Feb 15, 2014
176
View attachment 32805 This is what my wiper arm is now.

dmanns67 said:
I don't see why not, but you must be using a different style than mine. I am still using the OE wiper arm and yours is about 2.5" longer. When you buy a brand new wiper blade, they should already have the metal strips with it.
 

Attachments

  • Envoy wiper.jpg
    Envoy wiper.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 18

willbill92

Member
Feb 15, 2014
176
dmanns67 said:
Ok that makes sense why you can use a larger wiper blade. Yours looks easier to change as well.

It may look easier but it is complete garbage. It doesnt wipe the entire window I intend of putting one similar to the one you have on your TB because they look better and they (according to what has been said on this forum they work much better as well).
 

dmanns67

Member
Apr 3, 2013
32,979
Ohio
willbill92 said:
It may look easier but it is complete garbage. It doesnt wipe the entire window I intend of putting one similar to the one you have on your TB because they look better and they (according to what has been said on this forum they work much better as well).

I have heard the look and overall function of the wiper is why most members change over. Since I already have the wiper in question, I cannot speak to the difference.

I can say that I do not have any complaints with it though. It does its job well. Are you switching over on the Voy or keeping the OE?
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,442
Posts
639,384
Members
18,664
Latest member
SooMenn22

Members Online