NEED HELP 06 Denali won't move when in D

KronikCanuck

Original poster
Dec 5, 2015
Saskatchewan Canada
I have a 2006 Envoy Denali while driving at 60km/h last night I gave it 3/4 throttle and all of a sudden jerked once pulled up to a stop sign and truck would not move in drive so manually shifted into 3 nothing shifted to 2 and it drives once your moving you can manually shift it into 3 and shifts and drives fine then you can manually shift it into d and it shifts and drives but you manually have to put in 1or 2 to leave a dead stop anybody ever had this it's a 5.3 so should be a 4l60e transmission I have checked fuses and fluid level also no check eng light on truck only has 164,000 Kms on it

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 11

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
When you put it in 2, it will start in 2nd gear. This is normal, used to move in slippery conditions (as per owner's manual). So you can move 2 to 3 to OD but 1 is dead, as if in neutral? Sounds like either something with the valve body (solenoid?) or 1st gear is just dead. Time to drop the pan and see what's in there. Metal chips/chunks, it's toast. Might need the help of a tranny shop to diagnose properly.

KronikCanuck

Original poster
Dec 5, 2015
Saskatchewan Canada
When you put it in 2, it will start in 2nd gear. This is normal, used to move in slippery conditions (as per owner's manual). So you can move 2 to 3 to OD but 1 is dead, as if in neutral? Sounds like either something with the valve body (solenoid?) or 1st gear is just dead. Time to drop the pan and see what's in there. Metal chips/chunks, it's toast. Might need the help of a tranny shop to diagnose properly.
I can shift it into 1st and manually shift through all gears and every gear works if shift manually. However you can not stick trans in d or third and take off from a stop if at a dead stop and have in d it just acts like in neutral. You have to stick it in 1or2 to take off from a stop

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
Sounds like a toasted front sprag (rebuild needed).. Get a trans shop to look at it and see what they say.

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online