05 TB rear spoiler

santon

Original poster
Jun 3, 2020
Israel
Where can I buy the new new spoiler (the third brake light valance)?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
New? No where.

You can get them used thou, eBay, Salvage yards, someone parting one out, etc.

They are universal I do believe. As in, one from a Envoy will fit a Trailblazer.

I am not sure about the SWB vs LWB. I know the tailgates are different, so not sure if that panel is also different.

Reactions: santon

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
SWB and LWB are different so you have to get your specific one.

Reactions: santon

santon

Original poster
Jun 3, 2020
Israel
Sorry for reviving this thread. It seems that I have a bad luck with this rear spoiler. I bought this TB with a broken spoiler and replaced it with another one. The replacement lasted only one year and started to break apart since it was also a piece of 20 years old plastic. So I bought the new, not original spoiler from eBay. I installed it on the vehicle but it lasted only one week. This aftermarket unit is built from 2 parts glued together with something similar to the hot silicone glue. On one hot day, the glue has melted and the top part of the spoiler flew away on a highway, together with the 3d brake light. I had another spare 3d light and managed to fix it to the window - please see attached pictures. I used a couple of screws, nuts ,spacers and 2 strips of metal. The strips were the covers for the PCI slots of the computer that you usually remove when installing a card to the PCI slot. That's what I had in my junk box and used to quickly fabricate the brake light "mounts". I think these "mounts" is much better solution that the original one - at least the brake light cannot detach from the window now. So, now the issue of the 3d brake light is solved, I had a brake light in place. However, the car looks ugly without the spoiler. So, I am thinking about making my own spoiler from a piece of black Perspex. I can order a rectangular piece of 3 mm black Perspex, laser cut. Making non-rectangular cuts would be hard. I thought to fix such a piece, let's say 123 cm x 15 cm, with the same two screw on the top of the brake light. Maybe it would be not so beautiful, but surely better than now. The problem is that such a home-made "spoiler" will not cover the area under the brake light. Do you guys think that I may have problems with the water entry into the trunk? I think the original spoiler was also not so hermetical but somehow we usually don't have problems with water leaks in this area.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-06-28 at 22.52.16.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-06-28 at 22.52.16.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 9
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-06-28 at 22.52.16 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-06-28 at 22.52.16 (1).jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The rear spoiler has nothing to do with sealing, just a cover for the hinges and the brake light.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CISR2K

Members Online