04 Trailblazer one of six must-have rides to escape the zombie apocalypse

Chickenhawk

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Not much of a surprise. It may not have mounted .50 calibre machine guns, zombie-shredding grills or smoke canister launchers, but it is fast and can outhandle many other SUVs on the road.

This was a humor article for Canada's Globe and Mail newspaper, but it is obvious that some people took it WAY too seriously.

As for me, I will be the first person eaten in a zombie attack. As a Canadian, I am much too polite to survive the first wave. I would politely hold the door open for zombies, say, "Excuse me," when I bumped into one, and chase after them in the street holding their severed limbs, saying, "Hey! You dropped something!"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com:80/globe-drive/the-driving-dead/article21235786/

On the other hand, just for fun, I asked some of my firearms students what vehicle they would like to be in to escape the zombie apocalypse, and they all said, "The one you're in." I guess they might suspect why I refer to my Trailblazer as the "gun truck."

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Damn right my all stock TB will kick a zombie's ass!! :yes:

On a serious note, I'm pretty sure HardTrailz' rig would do some damage in a zombie apocalypse.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
The Ferret is pretty damn awesome. You guys notice who owns that? I could just picture Cam driving that.

Chickenhawk

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
To me, it's not what's up front that is quite so important as what is stored in the back. My little light bar couldn't really push too many zombies out of the way before it started to bend. (I would, of course, have to get out of the truck to straighten it - another reason why I would get eaten right away.)
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:873]

On the other hand, the last time Samuel L. Jackson was riding in my truck, he did point out that they used a similar Trailblazer as an undercover police vehicle in S.W.A.T. ... and even HE was impressed by what I carried in the back.

I can't really say what Sam called me on a family forum, but let's just say it was the same thing he once called the snakes ... and the plane.

He meant it affectionately. (I now have that on my business cards.)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The back of mine is as ready as the front quite often. :wink:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online