03 trailblazer front end noise

kctrailblazer

Original poster
Jan 25, 2014
so I really need help here. I have replaced the upper and lower control arms, struts w/coil springs ,sway bar bushings ,sway bar end links, tie rod ends and hubs and now sometimes there is a almost bang or creak that happens. almost sounds like the lower control arm is maybe shifting where it sandwiches between the frame. when I had it on jack stands and moved the wheel back and forth I was able to get it to make the sound once and it sounded like it came from the inner tie rod, does this make sense to anyone?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yup. They do go bad. Did you do the inner or just outer?

kctrailblazer

Original poster
Jan 25, 2014
that particular noise didn't happen until I replaced the lower control arm.. so I was worried it was that but everything is tight.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The LCA brackets take a ton of torque...are you sure they are good?

Reactions: xavierny25

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Front suspension Shock absorber module: Upper mounting nuts...... 33 ft. lbs. Yoke to control arm nut.. 81 ft. lbs. Yoke pinch bolt............. 52 ft. lbs. Shock absorber retaining nut.. 33 ft. lbs. Upper control arm pivot bolts... 111 ft. lbs. Lower control arm pivot bolt nuts... 81 ft. lbs. Lower control arm bracket-to-frame bolts Front...................... 192 ft. lbs. Rear....................... 177 ft. lbs. Balljoint-to steering knuckle nuts Upper....... 30 ft. lbs. Lower....... 81 ft. lbs. Stabilizer bar Link nuts 2002 and 2003...... 74 ft. lbs. 2004 and later....... 114 ft. lbs. Clamp bolts........... 41 ft. lbs. Hub bearing assembly-to-steering knuckle bolts... 77 ft. lbs. Wheel lug nuts...... 103 ft. lbs. Hopefully I got all the info you need in there.

Got this off the old site and it's what I used. Your down fall might of been the fact that you didn't torque anything to spec.

Reactions: Beacon

kctrailblazer

Original poster
Jan 25, 2014
so does anyone know the gm part number for the three bolts that hold the bracket in place? One of the bolts is warn pretty bad and if I put 192 ft lbs on it will probably snap.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
You should fill out the info on your truck so we know what your working on. And easier to find the specific nuts,bolt ext...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
He did say in the title that it's an 03 TB.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11

Members Online