02 trailblazer won't start after replacing battery

frogman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Puzzling.... Recently replaced fan clutch, t-stat, water pump, belt. Immediately after....alternator went and killed battery. Replaced alternator, replaced battery, Dash lights on, radio lights on, dim headlights, no dome light, key fob not working, radio theft blinking, manual lock on door handle not working, No crank, no nothing.

Is there a reset pattern to reset after the battery was put back in?

What's next?
2002 Trailblazer
Mobile 1 full synthetic

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Usually no but it could have lost it's security setting, requiring a relearn. Just be sure the battery is fully charged using a battery charger first and try again. Here's how to do the relearn:

1. turn the key as if to try to start the truck and return the key to the run position, leave the ignition on for 10 minutes.
2. after 10 minutes or so, the security light should go out.
3. turn ignition off
4. repeat same procedure 2 more times (for a total of 3)
5. on fourth try, it should start

Reactions: BlazingTrails

frogman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Thanks so ,much! Battery was sooooo dead, overnight charge and there she went! But I'm printing the reset for future use! Thanks again! :smile: :smile:

Reactions: KNBlazer and Mounce

frogman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Hear I go again! Replaced MAP, coolant sensor and cam shaft sensor. Put alternator back on...NO VOLTAGE! UGH! Had battery checked, alternator checked all ok, except no voltage. According to Advanced, alternator would show as bad not just no voltage. Any ideas? :confused: :crazy:

frogman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Ok...I think we got it...But just in case, I'll give it a few days and let ya know what we did! :undecided: :undecided:

frogman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
:wooot: :wooot: :wooot: Loose wires! Re-crimped and off we went! Thanks all! :wooot: :wooot: :wooot: Stay tuned for the next problem of the week.....oil in the resonator and throttle body! UGH!

Reactions: KNBlazer and Mounce

frogman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
frogman said:
:wooot: :wooot: :wooot: Loose wires! Re-crimped and off we went! Thanks all! :wooot: :wooot: :wooot: Stay tuned for the next problem of the week.....oil in the resonator and throttle body! UGH!
Bottom line. ...connector between battery and alternator wires loose. Easily pulled out. Replacement puts all wires in the same harness. Now we're on to bigger stuff! [emoji1] [emoji2] [emoji3]

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Excellent! :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online