20161028_165847-1024x768.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Underside truck photography?

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Finally took the plunge and cut my resonator off. Now to find a local exhaust shop haha. Also replaced my cratered center console, didn't think it was that bad till i took it apart. Gave me the opportunity to clean the rubber skin that goes over top of it, man I did not realize how dirty that thing was :blinkhuh:.

View attachment 78794

View attachment 78792

Mine is the same way, I need to replace mine as well. Did you buy a replacement or just repair it?

LouisTB

Apr 12, 2016
Tampa, FL
Mine is the same way, I need to replace mine as well. Did you buy a replacement or just repair it?
I just replaced it, the replacement is around $55 on amazon. Unless you're rubber skin thing is torn, you should be able to take it off and put it on the replacement. Instead of having to buy the $120 one.

Reactions: tsmith1156

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
I just replaced it, the replacement is around $55 on amazon. Unless you're rubber skin thing is torn, you should be able to take it off and put it on the replacement. Instead of having to buy the $120 one.

I may just check a U pull and pay or Amazon for a used lid in good shape.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015

Based on the focal point of the shot, and the fact that the drain bolt appears cleaner than the surrounding area... oil change. (the filter doesn't necessarily look 'new', but maybe the oil on it was just from your hands threading / tightening it)

So that's where the drain bolt is on the 4.2, eh? The filter appears to be a little more accessible than on the 5.3.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Based on the focal point of the shot, and the fact that the drain bolt appears cleaner than the surrounding area... oil change. (the filter doesn't necessarily look 'new', but maybe the oil on it was just from your hands threading / tightening it)

So that's where the drain bolt is on the 4.2, eh? The filter appears to be a little more accessible than on the 5.3.
Nope. That be the 6.0l in the escalade. The oil everywhere is just how bad it leaks.... can't really complain with 200k at this point in its life.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Nope. That be the 6.0l in the escalade. The oil everywhere is just how bad it leaks.... can't really complain with 200k at this point in its life.

No, you can't. I hope to get mine to 200k - but at the rate I put miles on mine, I'll be dead first. Props to you, sir :tiphat:

I'll take one more wild guess and say something related to that starter on the RH side (at least, I think it's the starter - I know next to nothing about the LS2, except what I've bumped into while looking for stuff on my own motor.)

As for myself today - I upgraded to Torque 'Pro' today. Well worth the ~ $5. From an OBDII perspective, it looks like my 'Voy is in pretty good shape. And I can now see exactly what temp the trans fluid is. Awesome sauce. :wooot:

Reactions: littleblazer

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Adjusted tire pressure. Will take it for a dinner and gas run this evening before the gas shortage sets in again. Big leak last month (I think it was last month anyways) and now an explosion.

Berns

Jun 22, 2013
Installed my tuned PCM from PCM of NC on my 9-7X and took it for a spin.
So far, best $ I spent in mods in a while.
Now I have to drive it more to get the monitors to set to ready so that I can smog (I know, but I am in Cali). Usually sits in the garage until the weekend.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Changed the oil. Was at 11% on the OLM. Got about 8500 miles out of this oil change, big improvement over the last change that was only 6500 miles. And compared to last oil change that required me to add 2 quarts at not quite 3000 miles, I used not even 1/2 quart in this 8500 miles. Tuning out AFM was definitely a good thing.

Catch can is doing its job. Nasty gunk collects in there.

20161101_173945_zpsimmje281.jpg

Oh, I'm ticked off at mice again. They apparently decided to chew on the air box weather stripping then stuff it in the air box (along with some other random crap) for a nest. I half expect them to do crap like that on the Camaro as it doesn't get driven every day (thankfully they seem to leave it alone mostly) but on the daily driver? Sigh. Guess I need to get some replacement stuff. Air filter needs replaced on a side note.

20161101_184742_zpss1wm8krz.jpg

Also noticed some dampness around the passenger side front axle. Appears the seal is weeping ever so slightly. Oil level is still good so it is rather slow at this point, and there is no wiggle in it, so I'll just keep an eye on it for now I guess. And the passenger inner tie rod bellows looks a bit damp too like the rack has a slight leak. Well, it can join the club, as I haven't had a vehicle that didn't have a small leak in the rack yet lol.

Reactions: Mounce and Matt

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Driving it around grocery getting. Found driver side corner lamp has failed, will look into warranty with the seller later. Took it out before it decides to meltdown.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Found a set of 17" steelies on CL; picked them up this afternoon. I have the N77 wheels on the Voy currently, and don't like them much (for reasons I will keep to myself for now).

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
:offtopic:
Isn't there a projector retrofit thread for this?

Reactions: smt 59

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
I finally got around to replacing the front brakes. I could feel a little rotor warp this past winter but had been procrastinating because it's what I do. But about a week ago the front end starting sounding like a single engine prop so it was time for new hubs anyway and while I was there I replaced the brakes. Procrastination for the win.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Discovered a noise in my bell housing. I was hoping it was an exhaust leak as it sounded similar. So today getting the starter checked before I get crazy and suspect a cracked flex plate. Luckily I was able to find a used flex plate locally with no cracks just in case.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not mine...but the 360 I maintain for a co-worker--I ordered the bearings and seal to fix his splined disco i took apart yesterday

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
After sleeping just 3.5 hours after a night shift this morning, was chillin' until my wife told me that the TB wouldn't crank at her work. Great. Hop in the Saab, get there, do the usual checks, starter is totally dead. Go to the nearest parts store, will take an hour to get the starter in from the warehouse. Go back to the truck and pull the starter from the top after removing the PCM. The top mounting nut was a bitch. Go back to the store, get my core charge back and the new starter. Put it all back together. That top nut was an even more of a bitch going back in. Used the "shove a piece of paper rag into the socket to hold the nut" trick. Button it all up, reconnect the battery, she starts but all the lights are on the dash and gauges don't work. FACK! Disconnect the battery again for a few minutes, reconnect, turn the key to ignition only first as I remembered that the HVAC has to recalibrate. All good.

I feel worse than a walker on The Walking Dead.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Installed ascender taillights on the voy. Very happy and so is the wife.20161108_201052.jpg 20161108_201833.jpg
Unfortunately I'm getting hyper flash with these damn red leds in the turn signal. So I'll be ordering that flasher module for leds.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Got the beaSSt ready for winter. Took her in for her oil change and discovered my Oil pan gasket is leaking on my new crate motor...

projects already adding up for the spring :sadcry:

Also took her out to do what she was used for... grocery getter :crackup:

edit: wont let me load my pic for some reason...

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Is this just a plug and play fit? Which one did you get?

I had to just tap the wires together. Not sure if @Matt had to do the same cause my connector was different since it's an 08. It's actually for the 07-12 avalanche but it fits our swb 360's.

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
I had to just tap the wires together. Not sure if @Matt had to do the same cause my connector was different since it's an 08. It's actually for the 07-12 avalanche but it fits our swb 360's.

Mine is an '05 I wonder if that matters. I'm not real sure about doing things to the wires idk what I'm doing haha

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
On my 02, we cut the plug off the old light and put it on the new one just to make it easier to remove if need be.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I think I caused this....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161111-182808.png
    Screenshot_20161111-182808.png
    273.5 KB · Views: 22

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
She gonna be shining when lit!

Ordered another spare CV since I used one of mine on a truck I was working on.

Reactions: xavierny25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online