What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, the sensor is probably now just behind the cooler. I took mine out of the hole and attached it to the hood latch cable.

Reactions: Redbeard

smt 59

Installed grease fittings on the upper ball joints, fresh grease now. Water and very little factory grease came out of the passenger side and just grease on the drivers side. Quick cheap and easy to do.

Reactions: northcreek

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
As posted in the Right Now pic thread, one of my HIDs went out on me today. Took apart the front end again (having to take the grille/crossbar out is really annoying when you're impatient :mad:) Made a rookie mistake and immediately went digging for one of my spare bulbs and swapped it. :no:

And naturally, it didn't fire. Next, did what I should have done first, left the ballast disconnected from the bulb, turned the lights on. No buzz sound, so bulb is probably fine. Luckily, since I did quads a few years ago, I still have 1 more good ballast left. Dug that out, swapped it in, and all is right with the world again. :cool: :biggrin:

I know the spare bulb I have is jacked up from my first attempt at shimming, where you bend the braces on the bulb, so I should really toss that one. May look to buy some cheap bulbs at the next warmer bulb temp for when it comes time to replace them. May also try and get some cheap D2S ballasts if I find some on closeout.

Mod bug has been feeling restless lately. :yes:

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I tried to replace one of my fog light bulbs today. As only one of them was working since a looongg time. Removed the old one, put in the new one and it doesn't light up :hopeless:. These are aftermarket fog lamps installed by the previous owner. I remember when I first got the car, they completely stopped working altogether and some electrician fixed them for me.

Any ideas on best way to proceed with this, or should I try another bulb just to make sure.

I also believe the fog lights are the reason my TB throws my CEL sometimes. :Banghead:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Discovered that someone keyed the voy from front passanger fender to rear door. It made me sick to my stomach when I saw it.

Most likely happened at the wife's job as I know for a fact it wasn't there yesterday evening. Fortunately they have cctv on her site so I should find out with in the next few days who did it. This time around someone is going to jail and the company is going to cover the damages.

I'll have pic's for you guys tomorrow. Also going to pick up a new front and rear dash cam.

Shit like this don't fly well with me at all.

Reactions: RmbrNoel03EXT

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Stupid, petty people. Such cowards to key someone's vehicle.

All I really did with mine was drive it, but I think I've got the water leakage problem on my tail light fixed as I didn't see any water in it despite driving in rain the last couple of days.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
That's crazy Khalid! Especially when you don't get much rain there.

IKR. Prolly some Fordies hating :biggrin:. Its true in the past two years its rained like once ONLY, but really heavily. Since then nothing. I am one of those who likes to clean my windshield and rear glass every time I get in my car due to all the dust and such, so its a real bummer. Hopefully this weekend I will get a replacement :2thumbsup:

Reactions: Redbeard and Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Well, I ventured down to Sparky's yesterday and we installed my LED light bar and Avalanche rear brake light. Worked out what's going on with the indicators but I'll post that in the other thread.

20161023_083929_zps5jt9e0pw.jpg

20161023_083941_zpsnylortxz.jpg

20161023_083949_zpspkpe3vv8.jpg

20161023_084008_zpsctxerdu3.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Hey @Matt you mind taking a pic of the Avalanche light on from a side profile for me just want to see what they look like. Also nice work getting those lights installed it looks great.

Reactions: Matt
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Well, I ventured down to Sparky's yesterday and we installed my LED light bar and Avalanche rear brake light. Worked out what's going on with the indicators but I'll post that in the other thread.

20161023_083929_zps5jt9e0pw.jpg

20161023_083941_zpsnylortxz.jpg

20161023_083949_zpspkpe3vv8.jpg

20161023_084008_zpsctxerdu3.jpg

The brake light looks really good. I really should go and find a replacement for my TB soon. I would prefer a red lens to match the rear taillights.

Lightbar looks noice and flush! Although just out of curiosity is there enough space below the license plate to mount one? Would be a quite a surprise :biggrin:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Hey @Matt you mind taking a pic of the Avalanche light on from a side profile for me just want to see what they look like. Also nice work getting those lights installed it looks great.

Ask and you shall receive.

20161023_123331_zpsrkzex48e.jpg

20161023_123337_zpsaalcxfml.jpg

The brake light looks really good. I really should go and find a replacement for my TB soon. I would prefer a red lens to match the rear taillights.

Lightbar looks noice and flush! Although just out of curiosity is there enough space below the license plate to mount one? Would be a quite a surprise :biggrin:

Thanks! You could mount one under it, there's enough room, but I think it would stick out too much.

:crackup: Loving the vinyl sticker here. That's awesome!! :yes: :dielaugh:

Thanks mate! I want to get a bigger one!!

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Replaced my low beam headlamp relay. No warning, just went out.

Thanks (again) to MAY03LT for his YT video advising to always have one on hand.

Now to order another one...

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Just buy one already! :raspberry:
Okay okay... fine...I was going to anyway.:biggrin:
No need to :deadhorse:.
I was just hoping they don't look pink like some I've seen and I also had one on my Mitsubishi Eclipse that started off red then turned pink after a while. Could of just been b.s bulbs I guess.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
They're definitely not pink. I can do one tonight and get the missus to hit the picks to light it up.

This is the smoked version, which obviously, doesn't look too smoked.

Reactions: xavierny25

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yesterday I got the LED low beams installed, but have not got to use them at night yet

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
WTF....
f19cda1fbbf7b65182fb4761e2eb845fd9dbf59d4dfc7466a148ba6d1aa164ab.jpg

Its not a competition. I would have rather kept my HID, but they did not work with the headlights I am running. People been running HID and LED for plenty of time.

But to Stay on Topic, I did just order up some new rubber straps for the aux fuel tank and stuff going on the roof. I saw yesterday the sun had killed the old bungees n I dont need stuff flying off.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
WTF....
f19cda1fbbf7b65182fb4761e2eb845fd9dbf59d4dfc7466a148ba6d1aa164ab.jpg

Its not a competition. I would have rather kept my HID, but they did not work with the headlights I am running. People been running HID and LED for plenty of time.

But to Stay on Topic, I did just order up some new rubber straps for the aux fuel tank and stuff going on the roof. I saw yesterday the sun had killed the old bungees n I dont need stuff flying off.

My Headlights are so bad atm that the HIDs have an output as if they were halogens.

I have heard some amazing things about Laser Lights recently, but I think changing the headlights should be enough. Sadly haven't found one I really like.

Back on topic, Looking for a nice OBDII scanner for my TB, due to my 'experience' today :

http://gmtnation.com/forums/threads...temp-gauge-not-functioning.16270/#post-517576

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I started troubleshooting my rear windshield wiper situation. After getting the washer fluid lines under the hood replaced, the front one works fine, but the rear one gives me squat. The rear pump sounds strong, but no joy. I was hungry as hell so I stuck that on the back burner to go make food.

I think I should just beat all of you guys and change my HIDs with Laser Lights :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

A detailed and accurate write up will be required, otherwise...
ban.gif

After fourteen years, finally made it to the big 100000

Wow, someone who manages to put fewer miles on their EXT per year than I do. I'm impressed sir! :tiphat:

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I started troubleshooting my rear windshield wiper situation. After getting the washer fluid lines under the hood replaced, the front one works fine, but the rear one gives me squat. The rear pump sounds strong, but no joy. I was hungry as hell so I stuck that on the back burner to go make food.

A detailed and accurate write up will be required, otherwise...
ban.gif

Wow, someone who manages to put fewer miles on their EXT per year than I do. I'm impressed sir! :tiphat:

I hope you'd spare me till I actually get some :rotfl::rotfl:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Tested the LED headlights last night and seriously unimpressed. However they do work well with projectors and no dark spots or anything so it could be the quality of bulb. May try some better ones down the road.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
not what i did but what i'm not going to do. i'm not going to put on a front plate. today, for the first time since i have owned a TB, (13 yrs, an 03 & 09) got pulled over for no front plate. lights came on 2 blocks from my house. so i opened my window and signaled that i would be turning, so i drove home and pulled in my drive. because i was so close and that it would get us off a main 2 lane road.
it is illegal in IL not to have a front plate. i have no bracket in front for a plate. when i ordered it, it came from MI, so no front bracket. the nice officer said it is a violation, but up to the individual officer what they do. i got a warning ticket.
still going to be a stubborn SOB and not put one on yet.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Put on the winters on the TB and while doing so, saw that the inner pads were down to metal! Picked up the new rotors and pads but my son volunteered to install them for me as I needed to sleep before night shift. Now that's a good son!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
:popo: You know better... :nono:

no-pics.gif

Yeah but pics suck on a phone.

LED headlights only

Quads on

Quads n Bumper led pods

Quads, bumper, roof bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics