NEED HELP Passenger Seat RV Mirror Wiring Info/Help

AC75TB07

Original poster
Aug 17, 2019
Canada
Hi,

Under the passenger seat in my 2007 LT is a bunch of wires that clip just below the front of the seat cushion. When I bought this truck they had come unclipped and a couple were cut or broken. I just taped them up as they were because I had no clue what they controlled and the seat itself did and still does work just fine.

Anyway, the light for the passenger airbag on the dash is always illuminated and the little airbag indicator in the rearview mirror is on and off or flickering... From what I can figure out the wires under the seat impact this stuff... So, can anyone help with the underseat wiring? What colour wires do what?

IIRC there was a green wire totally broken and perhaps a yellow one that was holding by just a couple threads....

Thanks

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You can download a copy of the service manuals, which have the wiring diagrams and schematics, from this thread. :book:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This is a helpful. logical generic "Service Air Bag" Light Diagnostic Approach to use FIRST. Follow ALL GM OEM Manual Safety Instructions for the R&R and dis-assembly or re-assembly of ANY and ALL Air Bag Components.

THIS is the Front Passenger Air Hag Harness if it becomes necessary to replace it:

FRONTPSNGRAIRBAGHARNESS1.jpgFRONTPSNGRAIRBAGHARNESS2.jpg

If these connections are not in evidence in the areas you described, take some Digital Images and post them back here with close ups of the problem areas for more assistance.

Incidentally... if it comes down to cases and you NEED to do a SIRS-Air Bag Passenger Side Re-Set and you don't happen to have either a Snap-On Verus, GM "GYMKO" Tech 2 or an Autel MaxiDAS DS708 Scan Tool... Visit THIS Link for a fairly inexpensive Autel Maxi-Check Scan Tool Kit ... On Sale ($160.00) via Amazon and well described in the latter part of the third Video linked below:

Last edited:
Reactions: AC75TB07

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: AC75TB07 and mrrsm

AC75TB07

Original poster
Aug 17, 2019
Canada
I do have the service manuals but looking at wiring diagrams is a bit like reading in the car... makes you puke... I've been through them a couple times but can't find what I know is in there somewhere...

I previously HAD a page of the diagrams that showed the underseat wiring and the links to the RV mirror, but finding it again is making me cross eyed... #FML

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online