DFWWIZ Cree/Philips LED headlights

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Correct. 9003, H4, and HB2 are the same.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Received mine yesterday, thanks Kevin.

I ordered H11, and it will be spring before I can install, so it will take a while to confirm, but it appears at first glance that these are setup to work as H9 or H11 with no modifications needed. The center lug that needs to be trimmed to convert a H9 to H11 or vice versa is already smaller than usual, so I'm guessing it would work either way, and the plug is missing the little slot that needs to be snipped to swap as well. I'll confirm for sure once I install them, but it would appear you actually do have access to H9 bulbs, cause these H11 will plug straight in.

Just an update for anyone reading, but the H11 bulbs also work as H9. Finally installed them this weekend.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
How's everyone liking these? Any major issues with early failures?

I have not heard much feedback at all about the new Philips LED headlights. I do know there were many members that had issues with the Cree LED headlights, from drivers, overheating, and Cree chip failure.

I had the Cree LEDs installed in my high beams and was using them maybe 25 minutes a week and within a short amount of time, I went through 4 Cree chips and one LED headlight.

**Edit, Just remembered some members mentioning that since the heat sink/cooling fan is so big on the Philips LEDs, you will need to do some trimming on the headlight housing in order to get them to fit. Some could view this as negative.
As far as the new Philips LED headlights, I have not read/seen any negative feedback on any forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blckshdw

GeoGoGo

Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Does anyone have any good pictures of the modding that needs to be done on the headlamp housing for fit the Phillips Luxeon LEDs?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Does anyone have any good pictures of the modding that needs to be done on the headlamp housing for fit the Phillips Luxeon LEDs?

:coffee: Please see post #396 in this thread.

Reactions: dmanns67 and Sib

GeoGoGo

Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Thank you, Sir! I read this entire thread and somehow missed them. That does not seem like a big deal to mod.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I'm not a fan of the thumbnail images, much easier to overlook them when scrolling through a page quickly. I went back and changed them so they are full sized in that post. Hopefully help other people in the future.

patrick

Feb 17, 2013
I'm not a fan of the thumbnail images, much easier to overlook them when scrolling through a page quickly. I went back and changed them so they are full sized in that post. Hopefully help other people in the future.
Thanks. I can report that since that install I have had zero problems with these new ones. Lot of complaints from other drivers but zero problems.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Of course you will annoy other drivers. At the estimated 9000 lumens combined, it is like you are driving around with your hi beams. I personally like this product for hi beams applications only. Much better option than a halogen or HID bulb IMO.

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I want to try to high beams, but have a spare HID kit sitting there.....Decisions, decisions...

Feb 16, 2012
So I have wanted to buy a pair of the LED headlamps for a while, but my biggest concern, living where I do, is ice/snow buildup in the winter.

Since the heat output does not exist like from standard bulbs, has anyone encountered problems with headlamp obstruction from a buildup of snow or ice on their lenses?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Zapp, that's one of the reasons I went back to HID's. I'd have to clear the headlights because nothing would melt off them.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ
Feb 16, 2012
Zapp, that's one of the reasons I went back to HID's. I'd have to clear the headlights because nothing would melt off them.
See that's what I am/was afraid of.

Swapping them in and out with regular bulbs seasonally would be a PITA, and as much as I want to....

I have a 22" fleaBay LED off-road bar wired in relay to my high-beams as is, so I get some decent coverage with high-beams.

Reactions: Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Wondering how the LED might do in the halogen projector low beams with the H1 since the HID do not play well. Anyone have any experience?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YSB

Members Online