Z71 Springs

MrDJ

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
180
Waxahachie, TX
Hey guys, I have been thinking about getting Z71 springs for my TB, but I'm not sure what I need to know before I start looking for them. I just replaced my rear shocks with heavy-duty towing shocks and I would love a little stiffer and taller ride. Just not enough lift to constitute a full lift kit. Where should I look for springs?

Also, what is the average cost for Z71 springs? :confused:
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
The shocks may be too short with the z71's. They provide an inch and a half of lift. Really need to lift front to match or will look silly. Find the springs on ebay for about 50 bucks.
 

MrDJ

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
180
Waxahachie, TX
HARDTRAILZ said:
The shocks may be too short with the z71's. They provide an inch and a half of lift. Really need to lift front to match or will look silly. Find the springs on ebay for about 50 bucks.

$50 each?
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
a pair
 

MrDJ

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
180
Waxahachie, TX
Do I just search Z71 springs, or is there a specific size or model?
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
The part number is pretty easily found on TV but I dont know it offhand.
 

smitty5150

Member
Nov 18, 2011
1,069
Type tahoe coil in the search bar on ebay. The springs are listed by a few different sellers, but the results will be coupled with lift spacers and ignition parts. They are easy to spot, though. I'd post a link if i wasnt on my phone right now.
 

v7guy

Member
Dec 4, 2011
298
MrDJ said:
Hey guys, I have been thinking about getting Z71 springs for my TB, but I'm not sure what I need to know before I start looking for them. I just replaced my rear shocks with heavy-duty towing shocks and I would love a little stiffer and taller ride. Just not enough lift to constitute a full lift kit. Where should I look for springs?

Also, what is the average cost for Z71 springs? :confused:


# 25978750 is the part number if I recall correctly. these will end up jacking up the rear a bit more, you will probably want to look at a small lift/leveling kit as the rake will be a bit increased from my understanding. Chevrolet Z71 Tahoe 4x4 Rear Coil Springs | eBay
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
v7guy said:
these will end up jacking up the rear a bit more, you will probably want to look at a small lift/leveling kit as the rake will be a bit increased from my understanding.

About 1.5 inches of lift as I previously pointed out.
 

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 18, 2011
1,444
[EBAY]160692432260[/EBAY]

You can embed the ebay sale listing here. When responding to a thread, click the ebay icon, then put the item number between the brackets.:cool:
 

IslandRunner

Member
Dec 4, 2011
316
With rear of my tb empty the Z71 springs lifted it 2.25" which was a little more than expected but not bad cause my truck is rarely empty.
 

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
14,955
North Las Vegas
Avalanche/Tahoe/Suburban Z71 Springs – GM Part #15234633 or #25978750

They must be from a 2007 or newer.
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
schedebaby said:
what is suggested to be done to the front to level the truck out?

2 or 2.5 inches of lift. I have had both MarkMC kits and he makes great products.
 

schedebaby

Member
Dec 6, 2011
12
i'd love to give a vendor inside our community the business, so that works out. do a buy the front and rear kit of just the front?
 

navigator

Member
Dec 3, 2011
504
Mark is great to work with.
I have a rough country lift with Z71 springs. It is ~2 inches in front and sits level.
I don't have the rear rough country spacer installed.
I'm running stock shocks and haven't noticed any issues yet though some folks have.

Mark will likely sell you whatever you need.
His 2.5 inch lift is a 2 inch inside the strut spacer with about 1/2 outside the strut spacer. You can likely get the kit without the top spacer or get the full front and just don't install the top spacer.
His 2.5 without the top spacer would be pretty level with the Z71 springs
If you later wanted to go up a little more you could get the top spacer and rear spacer to go up a little more.
He ships fast too. I think I ordered on a Wednesday afternoon and told him it was no rush and I think it came in the mail on Friday.

Email him directly, he can respond to those faster.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jacagard

03envoy

Member
Dec 25, 2011
537
ok, I just bought and installed stock length rear shocks... I want to get some Z71's, Can I leave the stock length shocks on? I have heard no issues and some issues, Just trying to clear somethings up. and Truck plans. Thank you! Sorry if I hijacked.
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
Stock shocks might top out and make a bit of noise if you let the suspension go to full extension such as high speed bumps or rocky trails. Around town, not a huge problem. Depends a lot on your intentions for offroading. Mild or aggressive?
 

03envoy

Member
Dec 25, 2011
537
They will mainly be for towing, but plan to further lift. Moderate offloading with the lift, little to none with just z71's. I think they will be fine with city and highway driving with stck length shocks. Thanks roadie


Edit: just ordered z71's should be coming saturday!
 

LordBear

Member
Dec 22, 2011
186
hhmm i was thinking of this thread topic...so i know im probably missing it..but what shocks do we need?... im guessing z71 shocks..lol... is there a complete break down list some where? and also...if u get the springs and it lifts on its own ..you dont need marks rear lift spacers?? seems like soemthing would be missing or extra play or something...

.. dont really think i need the springs...tiny trailer... and maybe a tent trailer in the future and that would be it for my towing..unless my cusions truck breaks down during hunting season again and i have to go get his camp trailer for him again...lmao...
 

Short Bus

Member
Dec 2, 2011
1,906
LordBear said:
hhmm i was thinking of this thread topic...so i know im probably missing it..but what shocks do we need?... im guessing z71 shocks..lol... is there a complete break down list some where? and also...if u get the springs and it lifts on its own ..you dont need marks rear lift spacers?? seems like soemthing would be missing or extra play or something...

.. dont really think i need the springs...tiny trailer... and maybe a tent trailer in the future and that would be it for my towing..unless my cusions truck breaks down during hunting season again and i have to go get his camp trailer for him again...lmao...

From what other have said, the Z71 springs will probably be a little stiff for you, most say the ride isn't good without added weight on the rear.
 

LordBear

Member
Dec 22, 2011
186
hhmm will probably just stick with the lift then...if i can find some slave labor.... maybe some grease monkeys that work for beer?
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
No
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
Are you going to run z71 and spacers? Are you currently running spacers?
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
Z71 or spacers will give same lift basically
 
  • Like
Reactions: djthumper

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,428
Posts
639,196
Members
18,647
Latest member
Lortigemt

Members Online