WTB : cover (which is under the hood, front end of engine compartment)

Chevy4ever

Original poster
Mar 19, 2014
I am looking for a cover, which is situated under the hood, covering the headlights and stuff. Mine is missing,
See the red arrows in the borrowed pic below. I would like to purchase 1 with all the mounting clips, tabs, whatever.
_85f_zpsc4f578a9.jpg

Yes, I live in the Netherlands, but I have Paypal, order a lot from within the USA and if needed, I have a shipping addres within the USA for those of you that do not wish to ship outside the USA. So please, if you have it, let me know your price. Thanks!

Eelco

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It is the same with an Envoy and a Trailblazer?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I'm not sure. I think the only difference is the hood and grille coming out slightly farther on the Voys in the center, but the radiator core support should be the same right?

I had only seen them on SS's before, until the OP posted that pic for an I6. I wanted one too, so I had saved that link on Ebay in case I decided to pull the trigger and mod it if necessary to make it fit. (drill screw holes, prop rod clip access, or whatever)

Edit: All the ads say that it fits 02 models, so not sure if some of the bolts/screw locations are slightly different on other years? :confused:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I got one in my garage from a guy that had an envoy. Never had a use for it. Maybe I give it a whirl.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If there's a P/N stamped on yours, can you confirm if the one I found is correct, since none of the ads have pics in em?

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
From my parts catalog I see 15074849 for 2002 models and 15234014 for the 2006 SS model.

I suspect it says 2002 only because that was the only year they ever came installed from the factory. The radiator support and front panel assemblies don't seem to be model year specific so I would guess that they would still fit. My 2006 still has the tabs on the panel assembly to receive the cover so they probably just never bothered to redesign it.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
It was kind of hit and miss which models actually got that thing. It was on all the SS'sss. I added it to my 04 LS. I think it was one of those parts that chevy dropped along the way to save 75 cents.

As I recall it was a fairly simple add. A couple of screws. Seems like I had to unbolt the cross piece by the battery. This was 6 or 7 years ago, my memory just isn't that good!

Here it is laying in position but not bolted down yet.
IMG_3640.jpg

Chevy4ever

Original poster
Mar 19, 2014
Thanks all!
know where to look now!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I found mine on an Olds Bravada in a yard and it fit my TB. Under the hood, they're all the same. It's held on with push pins.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Moore

Members Online

No members online now.