Wind storm 2015

Sir ffeJ

Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
What a storm we had here in Vancouver yesterday. Tress down everywhere and at the height of it there was 500,000 BC Hydro customers without power. We still have no power here in North Vancouver since 9:30am yesterday. Thank goodness the family and I are campers. We just pull out the camp stoves and pretend we're camping. Of course we do this outside on our covered patio.
Mmmmm coffee

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Saw that on the news. Pretty wild. Luckily nobody got hurt because one girl was killed in WA State by a falling branch.

Guess you're using you're phone to post?

Sir ffeJ

Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
Yup. Called my daughter inside when it began. She was mad at me until she heard about that death, then she understood why. Same age to.

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
Well at the age of 8 and a half I was in Homestead, FL and road out Hurricane Andrew with my family in our house, we rebuilt and stayed for another 6 years before moving north, then around the year 2000 or so we had an Ice Storm up here that snapped a branch off the tree in the back yard that proceeded to rip the power lines and meter box clear off the house, it took a week to restore power, then somewhere are 05-06 I was staying in town when we got flooded, I had to wade thru waste deep water (I'm 6 foot tall) to get out to the street at a higher elevation, and it ended up getting 2 to 3 feet higher before it was over, then while I was at work one night in 2011 we had some tornadoes hit that make it quite hard to get home that night from all the downed trees and power lines, here are some pics from the day after https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.216480361699132.67823.100000115105736&type=1&l=a64c764acf the pic of the road is at the beginning of my street, the house with no roof is just around the corner just before you pull into that mess (less then a half mile drive away, 1/4 mile line to site from where I lived at the time), those folks actually got interviewed by one of the Atlanta news channels, the house ended up getting completely demolished and they built a new house on the site. then a year later or so, we got a good strong wind storm, that I got some video of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F6ZoBW2tdI

it was some of the strongest winds I've seen in a long time that weren't part of a big storm, probably not as bad as yours from the sounds of it, but seeing those trees sway like that sure had me worried.

so I think earth quake (which apparently I slept thru, the one time we had one that could be felt), Tsunami and Volcano are about the only natural disasters I haven't experienced first hand

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11

Members Online

No members online now.