Wind noise in A pillars / roof

SBUBandit

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Anyone else have wind noise in the a-pillars / front edge of the roof? Only at highway speed, I have always had a rattling in the front corners of the windshield sounds like something loose getting rattled by the wind, but I can't find any gaps to allow that kind of wind around the windshield.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
not through my A pillars, but my passenger side rear door... had that noise since the day I bought her... took her to 3 different dealers while under the original warranty, and none of them could fix it... so I just deal with it...

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
You can remove some of the noise by keeping the door seals lubed. A good cleaning and a wipe with a silicone based protector will help.

Also, if you have cross bars on the roof rack, remove, or move to the rear of the rack.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Yeah, I'm starting to get a few peeps or wind through my drivers side seal. The outer seal probably is just getting worn and I will probably replace it.

Boricua SS said:
not through my A pillars, but my passenger side rear door... had that noise since the day I bought her... took her to 3 different dealers while under the original warranty, and none of them could fix it... so I just deal with it...

My RR door has the small window that appears to be loose, almost able to push it in slightly....odd but could be the reason.

The rear door seals sag a lot on these platforms as well, something to check.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
gmcman said:
Yeah, I'm starting to get a few peeps or wind through my drivers side seal. The outer seal probably is just getting worn and I will probably replace it.

My RR door has the small window that appears to be loose, almost able to push it in slightly....odd but could be the reason.

The rear door seals sag a lot on these platforms as well, something to check.

Mat's truck does the same thing on the drivers side. It sounds like it's coming from the top of the window when we go speeds of 35mph or faster. It's pretty annoying lol

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012

AbsoluteZero

Nov 21, 2011
I had a pronounced wind noise that occurred above 65 and with a cross wind. After lots of head scratching I found if I pushed on the upper left corner of the inside of the windshield I could change or eliminate the noise. Several months before it started the windshield had be replaced. I think the installer must have gotten the sealant a little thin in that area.
You might try pushing in various locations and see if there's an area where the seal isn't good.
I fixed my situation by removing the upper windshield molding and putting a small bead of RTV in the cavity. It was only 3"-4" long

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
The glass sealer took care of my problem

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online