Why did it take Hyundai 4-6 YEARS to issue a recall for "backwards turn signals"?

Redbeard

Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
DETROIT — Hyundai and Kia are recalling more than 550,000 cars and minivans in the U.S. because the turn signals can flash in the opposite direction of what the driver intended.

The recall covers Hyundai's Sonata midsize car from the 2015 through 2017 model years, and Sonata gas-electric hybrids from 2016 and 2017. Kia's Sedona minivan from 2015 through 2017 also is affected.

Hyundai says software in a junction box may not properly interpreting signals. The Korean automaker says it doesn't know of any crashes or injuries from the problem.

Dealers will update the software at no cost to owners. Hyundai will begin mailing notification letters to customers on Nov. 19, while letters will go to Kia owners starting Nov. 12.

Just how stupid is this...Today is Sept 30. and this recall is not to begin notifying owners until November 12. What about us drivers BEHIND THIS VEHICLE?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Our 19 Ford 550 left the dealer like that that. Mind you I expected nothing less from Ford as that's about the competence level they seem to operate at

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Not any better than the Takata airbag recalls. Heck, my 2008 Avalache just had its passenger bag replaced as the original one would send shrapnel into your face if it blew. 13 years? And apparently there will be millions more being recalled.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I've said it before with takata.... That smelled of negligence more than anything... For the amount in service vs testing done by all the different OEMs... something like that shouldn't have gone unnoticed that long and for that matter still be happening with new ones from the company!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithdm