Which strut is right for me.

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
I know there are lots of topics on this. I live in Duluth, MN which is a giant hill on the edge of Lake Superior. There is a lot of salt usage due to ice on the hills which only helps deteriorate the already shitty roads. These roads are terrible. I want something that will not break my back going down the road but I want something firm. Would bilstein hd be the best to go with?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
IMO, yes. Bilstein HD is my go to anymore. Others are either too squishy for my preference, or seem to wear faster.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I run the Bilsteins on the trailblazer and the sierra. The trailblazer is just awesome and the sierra is firmer then factory, but very comfortable. My dad has the sensa-tracs on the envoy, the trailblazer rides better and handles better hands down. It is my opinion, and I'm sure others as well, that these trucks should have came with the Bilsteins from the factory. (The yellow ones) My vote is for the HD's. :biggrin:

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
What are some good mounts?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I used Moog one time, Monroe another. Both fit fine.

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Semborski said:
I think mine was 280ish. That's a great price. But then again I didn't mind, my work paid for the shocks since I said the weight accelerated the wear. (Thanks Family) :biggrin:

TB2004

Aug 1, 2012
Does Bilstein make the complete assembly?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Not that I'm aware of.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online