where to jack

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
Hello everyone i was just wondering if its alright to jack up the back of my truck from the rear pumpkin i have to take both rear tires off and plan to put jack stands under the axle while the tires are off. if not where can i jack to bring the whole rear end up??

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
I always use the rear diff. on the truck to raise the rear end. Then place the jack stands on the axle out towards the wheels.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The rear diff is a great place because when you start to jack, the tires come off the ground instantly. It's not like when you jack under the frame, first you have to allow the suspension to go to full extension while the wheels droop. You just have to put the jack stands under the axle tubes and not the frame if you use that trick.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The pumpkin does work great for the rear to lift. The front is not as easy to get both tires up at once unless you do a setup like this...:raspberry:

bl8.jpg

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
IMO that does not look safe at all. Those jacks on the loose rocks look like they can slip. Put a piece of board underneat the jacks to keep em even.

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
The pumpkin does work great for the rear to lift. The front is not as easy to get both tires up at once unless you do a setup like this...:raspberry:

What is that in front of the jack? Glass, ice? Must be ice as glass does not float :smile:

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

bl8.jpg

Maybe, but then you need a wet suit and a snorkel to get under there and do any work on it. :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online