What's your weather like ?

Dec 4, 2011
a lovely -32 C (-26F) with windchill's in the -40 C (-40F) range. But the sun is shining and clear and cold takes on new meaning.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
25F now. Around 6F by morning.

Issued by MeteoAlarm
Louisville, KY

3:40pm EST, Sun Jan 17

... BITTER COLD WIND CHILLS EXPECTED TONIGHT...

AN ARCTIC FRONT THAT CROSSED THE REGION TODAY WILL BRING LOW WIND CHILL VALUES TONIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING. EXPECT WIND CHILLS TO DROP INTO THE SINGLE DIGITS BY THIS EVENING AND THEN BOTTOM OUT BETWEEN FIVE AND TEN DEGREES BELOW ZERO BY DAYBREAK MONDAY.

IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTSIDE... REMEMBER TO WEAR LAYERS OF CLOTHING... STAY DRY... AND WEAR HEAD GEAR.

linneje

Apr 26, 2012
a lovely -32 C (-26F) with windchill's in the -40 C (-40F) range. But the sun is shining and clear and cold takes on new meaning.
Yes, and as soon as it drops below -30ºC my air springs start deflating when parked. Then it takes two cycles of the compressor to refill them. As soon as it warms up, the springs keep their air for weeks even if parked.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Flipping cold. Sub zero windchills

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Only a high of 22* today, even being sunny. Sounds like we are going to get slammed starting Friday with a big snow storm :no:

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Kentucky: Got about 3-4 inches of snow this morning before rush hour. News says were going to get some freezing rain followed by another 6 inches on friday morning.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Maryland, 30* and sunny on my way into work today. Looks like the storm is not going to hit until around 1900 on Friday now. Was supposed to have started Friday morning. Hopefully it will be pushed again and start at midnight on Friday after I am already home from work.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Kentucky: In the morning, freezing rain just before rush hour. Potential snow amount increased to up to 12 inches.

Gonna be a shitty day to work outside but i look forward to the fun im going to have in the snow on saturday. Already removed the ladders off the work van and put them on the porch. Put the heat gun in the passenger seat to deice the ladders and mirrors as needed.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Increased to 14 inches.

Issued by The National Weather Service
Louisville, KY

3:49pm EST, Thu Jan 21

... WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM EST /MIDNIGHT CST/ FRIDAY TO 7 AM EST /6 AM CST/ SATURDAY...

* TIMING... SNOW... INITIALLY MIXED WITH A LITTLE SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP LATE TONIGHT ACROSS THE AREA. SNOW... HEAVY AT TIMES... WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE DAY ON FRIDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHT BEFORE DIMINISHING EARLY SATURDAY MORNING.

* MAIN IMPACTS... SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED ACROSS PORTIONS OF CENTRAL KENTUCKY. SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 10 TO 14 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS WILL BE POSSIBLE BY EARLY SATURDAY MORNING. TRAVEL WILL BECOME EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS DURING THE DAY ON FRIDAY. TRAVEL MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE IN SOME AREAS FRIDAY AFTERNOON DURING THE PEAK OF THE EVENT.

* OTHER IMPACTS... IN ADDITION TO THE SNOWFALL... GUSTY WINDS OF 30 TO 35 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE LEADING TO SEVERELY REDUCED VISIBILITIES AT TIMES ALONG WITH BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

&&

More Information
... SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM TO IMPACT SOUTHERN INDIANA AND CENTRAL KENTUCKY LATE TONIGHT THROUGH EARLY SATURDAY MORNING...

.A STRONG WINTER STORM WILL BEGIN TO AFFECT THE REGION LATE TONIGHT THROUGH EARLY SATURDAY MORNING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ALONG WITH SOME ICE AND SLEET ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED. IN ADDITION TO THE SNOW AND ICE... GUSTY WINDS UP TO 30 TO 35 MPH WILL RESULT IN NEAR WHITEOUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES FRIDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHT ALONG WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. THE AREA AT MOST RISK FOR HEAVY SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE ACROSS CENTRAL KENTUCKY. A SHARP CUTOFF IN SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS IS EXPECTED ACROSS SOUTHERN INDIANA.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Hey guys on the east coast, you want your weather back? Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-22-06-58-30.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-22-06-58-30.png
    122 KB · Views: 5

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
26* and cloudy on my way into work today. Jonas is supposed to be upon us this evening. Roughly 36"+ of snow fall between Friday night and Sunday morning. Hopefully the roads are cleaned up by Monday morning. Maryland has already declared a state of emergency.

Ziggy

Feb 8, 2015
I was getting all amped up for the first "real" snowfall of the season in SW Ohio, and waiting with baited breath as weather reports over the last several days presented snow fall projections of up to 4-6 inches at my house, just north of Cincinnati. Reality though, is that this huge storm that is going to dump record snow fall across Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, and DC is going to stay more or less to the South of the Ohio River, due to 25-35 MPH Northeasterly winds, and we're getting nothing but cold frickin' air, and NO SNOW! If the weather is going to insist on being this cold out, I'm gonna need to be rewarded sooner or later with some of the white stuff to play in! /rant.

Reactions: smt 59

snowbear

Dec 5, 2011
A couple inches of snow on the ground with a lot more to come. I'm just south of DC and the region is expecting 1 to 2 feet by the time it stops Sunday morning. I had to engage 4Hi this afternoon.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Jonas arrived at around 3pm on Friday and has not stopped dumping snow since. Snow is supposed to stop falling around 3am Sunday morning. Temps have hovered around 20*F here in Maryland.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Jonas disappointed us in KY. 8in where i work and 12in where i live. Him can come back and drop more if he like.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
It was above freezing for a few hours today and sunny for most of the day. Helped melt some of the snow. We ended up with over 40" of snow here in Maryland.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cold

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hovering at freezing

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cold but sun is peaking out

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
bitterly cold with the hawk cutting right through me, not like what's going on back home though...gets up to 50-ish during the day but this morning felt like it was below freezing

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
32* and partly sunny. I seen we are supposed to be in the 50s next week and one day at 60*. Hopefully the rest of the snow will melt.

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
decent for a change....just windy and dusty...now that the sun is down, forget walking around without a jacket

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
36* and sunny most of the day. We have a heat wave coming through starting Sunday. Wednesday should be in the low 60's. Hopefully all this snow is gone by the end of the week.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online