• Stanley

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Autozone-Oriely House Brands

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

STLtrailbSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Just bored and curious because Im about to head down to my dads work and look at some tools the guys are selling. I already have a Snap On 1/2 17-18v impact waiting for me once the guy finds his charger

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
my fav tool is the SOB tool...

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
I think I have more Husky hand tools than any others, does that equate to favourite? IDK

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
I picked Stanley because the make (or used to make) Mastercraft tools sold by Canadian Tire. Lifetime warranty FTW!!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I have mostly Craftsman stuff. Snap-on tends to be better but at a price that I can't typically afford.

Both Craftsman and Snap-On hand tools typically have unlimited lifetime warranties, which is nice. So far I've only had to use it twice, one time for a tiny mini-wrench that broke when trying to loosen something that had been tightened by vise grips, and the second is my breaker bar that broke last night when trying to remove my front axle nut.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
It depends on the tool. Mostly matco (including their rebadged stuff).

ratchets - matco
impact wrenches - ingersoll rand
impact sockets - matco
chrome sockets - snap on
pullers/presses/etc - OTC
wrenches - snap on
screwdrivers - knipex
swivel sockets chrome/impact - snap on

I could go on all night so I'll just stop there.

STLtrailbSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I am privileged with my dad working diesel tech for 20+ years, when I have a big project hes my tool dealer lol. So after using cornwell for a lot of stuff since I had my explorer they are my favorite. Love the fine tooth ratchets and screwdrivers/torxs too. They are a crazy price for someone whos not depending on these everyday of there life basically. But im building my collection slowly. If that guy will find the damn charger for his impact I want to go back down there Monday and pick up that and some cornwells metric wrenches. ANYWAY way off topic there

View attachment 18030

Attachments

• cornwell-tools2.jpg
    cornwell-tools2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 89
Dec 4, 2011
Wish they were all Snap-on
A lot of Craftsman because of warranty
More than a few off brands for the stuff I use infrequently.

I spend money of the stuff I use regularly and not so much on the stuff I don't.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
I have a set of Kobalt 3/8 sockets.
Stanley 1/2 sockets
Pittsburgh Steel Wrenches (Harbor Freight)
If I need a tool now, I usually buy it from HF. If I break it then I buy a better one.

you can't torque down on their cheap C-Clamps or wheel pullers though, that caste stuff can't take it.
I got a cheap 4.5 inch angle grinder from there for like $15 to clean up some welds with and surprises me with how much torque it has.
It might not last but it worked for what I needed it for.

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
I always was a Craftsman guy(and they make good tools), but I found they just don't hold up under commercial garage use. Snap-on tools are the best from what I've seen.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
craftsman for me as well.. purely because of the warranty... some off brand advanced wrenches... but primarily craftsman...

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Craftsman for the price, warranty and able to find stores.

One Phillips screwdriver, one 1/4" ratchet and a 6 ft. tape measure, in about 45 years, needed to be replaced.

All were replaced no questions asked.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Craftsman. I am really rough on ratchets and screwdrivers, but they are easy to go and get replaced. Plus I dont depend on them for my income. I did just buy all PIttsburgh stuff for trail tools and they are really really well made, I prefer the ratchets to my craftsman and they are also lifetime warranty.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
I think I have tools from almost every brand!

I guess in the hand tools category I have mostly Craftsman, Stanley, and a TON of Klein tools. :cool:

STLtrailbSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I have a lot of Pittsburgh laying I used to buy those all the time 7.99 for a set of wrenches at that point I'm not a critic and they always exceed expectations.I wish they would make a black Chrome line I would buy them just for the cool look.

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
For me it depends, if its something I will use once or twice I will buy cheap usually at princess auto. If I am going to use something more often I will look for a lifetime guarantee.

Mastercraft (canadian tire), craftsman, channellock, klein, pittsburgh tools (harbor freight), gearwrench, etc.

Reactions: Jon Blaze

STLtrailbSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
A little late but I got this thing for $75 with 2 batteries and charger. 1/2 Impact im happy with this purchase considering these damn things are selling on ebay for about $200-$250ish. This is the highlight of my day lol going to clean up the handle and order a Vinyl boot cant really complain.
IMAG0200.jpg

T-Mac

Dec 28, 2011
Favorite tool is a hammer because, lets face it, if you can't fix it with a hammer...it's an electrical problem!

Seriously though, Craftsman is good for GP, but if I need serious quality, I use Mac tools.

• Haha
Reactions: Beacon

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Ive gotta say Craftsman simply because I dont wrench on my trucks all the time (contrary to what all my friends think :lipsrsealed:), they're well priced especially when you buy them on Black Friday sales, and hold up well. I would LOVE a set of Snap On or Cornwell but they're out of my price range. And between my dad and I we have 2 sets of 3/8", 1 1/2", and 1 1/4" plus a few extra ratchets, breaker bars, etc so we can usually go for a while without swapping sockets.

Last tool I bought was a set of hog ring pliers so I could put the front seats of my 02 back together after installing heated seats. Pittsburgh aka Harbor Freight cheapo, but they worked great and arent something Ill use again until I put seat heaters in the rear of the SS :cool:!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.