What's with the ads?

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
I haven't been on very long lately but I am on a little more now and just started to notice these? This new or something?

I am on a GM forum, I'm sure the last thing I want is a dodge Ram lol :raspberry:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 12.09.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 12.09.00 PM.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 12.09.12 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 12.09.12 PM.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 12.09.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 12.09.50 PM.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 23

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
We don't put a line of ads down the side, we don't insert advertising disguised as fake posts in threads, we don't throw ads at the bottom of the pages or in the middle of threads, we don't email you with reminders to come back and post if you haven't visited in two years, we don't charge for vendor listings, we don't charge for free classifieds, we help sell stickers, coordinate meets and don't take a dime as personal or corporate profit.

It goes to defray the software licenses and the hosting.

If everybody who saved $10, $100, or $1000 on repairs because of the community that gathered at this site would only become a contributing member, even the last ad could go away.

As the not-for-profit alternative to Vertical Scope and Rob Laidlaw's evil empire, we're sorry we can't yet offer an annoyance-free experience. We're only the much-less-annoying experience. :redface:

Upvote 0

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
I haven't been on very long lately but I am on a little more now and just started to notice these? This new or something?

I am on a GM forum, I'm sure the last thing I want is a dodge Ram lol :raspberry:

Ha ha, I keep getting pics of big breasted singles close to my house wanting me to call them, seen Ford stuff too. Seems also if I google something then an add from the company shows up there.

Upvote 0

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
Ha ha, I keep getting pics of big breasted singles close to my house wanting me to call them, seen Ford stuff too. Seems also if I google something then an add from the company shows up there.

Well quit googling fords....The boobs are :thumbsup: but ford? Come on now :raspberry:

Upvote 0

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Haha, I've got Adblock Plus running. Didn't even know there were ads on our site :smile:

Upvote 0

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
I didn't realize there were ads either. My computer, android phone are ad blocked. Tapatalk doesn't show em either.

Upvote 0

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
I have ad blocker also...maybe its not active. Ill have to check then

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I pay for a subscription here so I don't feel guilty blocking ads :redface:

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
We don't pick what ads you see... but your Google search history plays a big role in that. While you may not have search for a Dodge Ram specifically, you searched for a keyword that Dodge has targeted... and in that particular instance, they were the highest bidder on that keyword, which is why you saw that ad.

I don't blame anyone for using adblocker, I use it too... but for the sites that I truly wanted to help support, I use another browser that doesn't have it installed.

Our ads haven't changed since the beginning, you are just starting to see more aggressive advertising and richer ads since the holidays are in full swing.

We just paid our hosting bill for the next year with ad revenue and premium membership donations, so you can rest assured that our revenue is being dumped right into the site.

Upvote 0

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I don't use ad blocker for that very reason. Now when I get a paid subscription here, I will use it. But I want to support the site one way or the other.

Upvote 0

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
speaking of support. it's hard to believe that a year has passed since i was asked to join
this wonderful community. shortly after joining i became a premium supporter.( i was not on the OS)
i know when my subscription ends, but will i be receiving a notice of some sort, asking me to continue ?

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I did a 6 month at first, when you're getting close you'll get a reminder email that your paid subscription is near expiration.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online