FEEDBACK What's seen in "New Posts"

gmcman

Guru
Was curious if there is, or could be, a way that once you select "New Posts" and you view them, that the viewed thread stays in the list of "New Posts" and doesn't disappear back to the proper forum.

Maybe instead of the new post in bold print that once viewed it goes away, make it so the thread remains in chronological order but no longer in bold print showing that it was viewed.

Reason I ask, is I see a few new posts, click on one, then another and want to go back to the other thread, but then have to dig it up in the proper forum.

Basically have the option for the member to filter a running chronological thread display.

Mooseman

Master Blaster
On another forum I'm on using the same software, What's New does exactly that. However here, it acts the same as New Posts. What I sometimes use here is the Show Only: Unread at the top of the list to also show read posts, and they are in chronological post order.

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Likes lights and stuff
Was curious if there is, or could be, a way that once you select "New Posts" and you view them, that the viewed thread stays in the list of "New Posts" and doesn't disappear back to the proper forum.

Maybe instead of the new post in bold print that once viewed it goes away, make it so the thread remains in chronological order but no longer in bold print showing that it was viewed.

Reason I ask, is I see a few new posts, click on one, then another and want to go back to the other thread, but then have to dig it up in the proper forum.

Basically have the option for the member to filter a running chronological thread display.

Actually, you can have your cake and eat it too. On the right side of the thread list, open the filters, uncheck "Unread Threads" and click the save as default box at the bottom. That will set the default list, the way you're describing, but full time.

Clip_4.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maverick007
Top Bottom