What's seen in "New Posts"

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Was curious if there is, or could be, a way that once you select "New Posts" and you view them, that the viewed thread stays in the list of "New Posts" and doesn't disappear back to the proper forum.

Maybe instead of the new post in bold print that once viewed it goes away, make it so the thread remains in chronological order but no longer in bold print showing that it was viewed.

Reason I ask, is I see a few new posts, click on one, then another and want to go back to the other thread, but then have to dig it up in the proper forum.

Basically have the option for the member to filter a running chronological thread display.

Reactions: 59840Surfer

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
On another forum I'm on using the same software, What's New does exactly that. However here, it acts the same as New Posts. What I sometimes use here is the Show Only: Unread at the top of the list to also show read posts, and they are in chronological post order.

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Was curious if there is, or could be, a way that once you select "New Posts" and you view them, that the viewed thread stays in the list of "New Posts" and doesn't disappear back to the proper forum.

Maybe instead of the new post in bold print that once viewed it goes away, make it so the thread remains in chronological order but no longer in bold print showing that it was viewed.

Reason I ask, is I see a few new posts, click on one, then another and want to go back to the other thread, but then have to dig it up in the proper forum.

Basically have the option for the member to filter a running chronological thread display.

Actually, you can have your cake and eat it too. On the right side of the thread list, open the filters, uncheck "Unread Threads" and click the save as default box at the bottom. That will set the default list, the way you're describing, but full time.

Clip_4.jpg

59840Surfer

Apr 19, 2020
Montana
Wow! I wish that other sites with the same software would let that "SAVE AS DEFAULT" setting operate.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You could always suggest it to them :undecided:

59840Surfer

Apr 19, 2020
Montana
I tried ... it doesn't seem to be do-able for some reason. I'll get on it a little later today .... I've got some things to take care of this AM.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
They could be using an older version that doesn't have it. Check at the bottom of the page who owns the forum. If it says VerticalScope, they don't give a sh!t.

59840Surfer

Apr 19, 2020
Montana
I'll do that in a moment ... thanks for the info ....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.