What lowering kit are you using?

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Just wondering what everyone is using for lowering kits? I'm guessing it's the Belltech but just wondering if anyone's using any of the other brands? They seem to be a couple hundred dollars cheaper, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the other brands of kits. Thanks

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
U can use djm.....belltech (as u said). It all depends on how low u wanna go. If u wanna lower for looks go for the belltech drop struts for the front (up to a 2" drop). That's around $200. This is up to u but for correct upper balljoint angle and correct camber when getting alignment done u will need to get the djm a arms...or you'll wear the shit out of the inside of ur tires. (I didn't use the a arms but traded the envoy in for my SS a couple months after I lowered..so didn't get to see the results).

Mcgaughys sells a kit too. P.m. NorcalSS he is thelowering guru.

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Cheapest kit I saw was 500$ for Belltech drop plus a arms another 300 to 400, don't have a 1000$ too throw around right now. But the wheel gap is driving me crazy, and saw the other brands going for only 200. Although I know cheaper does not mean a better deal, that's why seeing if anyone used Mcgaughys brand.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yup. Mcg. Kit is a descent kit. There is a guy on here supersweettb04 or someting like that (he lives close to me and not very active) that has this kit. Good stance sits close to the SS. Maybe a little lower.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Nope he didn't use the a arms. His alignment was slightly off like mine. If u get a good alignment shop they should beable to align it within specs with this kit. Ur balljoints will still be in an angle tho.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online