What Kind of Jack?

keepontruckin

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Hey everyone,

I have been using the jack that came with my TB thus far and to say the least it is a major pain in the ass. The whole slow crank thing is obviously not ideal.

I am planning on upgrading from my 2" leveling kit to the 3" lift in the spring and possibly bigger tires, and im not sure the TB jack will be tall enough for the front anymore...

So I was wondering what jacks you guys use? (especially the lifted folks)

thanks,
Rob

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Floor jack for maintenance at home. A HiLift is mandatory kit for the trails. WabFab rock slider adapter for the HiLift if I'm lifting from the side, WheelMate adapter if I just need to lift one wheel.

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
I usually keep one of those mini 2-ton floor jacks somewhere in the truck. The factory one is in there, but I don't trust it. Since I have a membership to AAA (plusrv 100 mi free towing) I have been leaving it at home a lot. On road trips I always bring it. At home I have a full size floor jack, from Roush Racing I purchased at Costco. IIRC is was $100. Love it.

keepontruckin

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
thanks guys,

it seems like everyone is going with a floor jack for the garage...What brand/capacity are you using? I don't feel like buying cheap crap if i can avoid it..

-Rob

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
My dad has a pair of these that I use.ProductPage
kind of pricey but there full size and can be picked up with one hand and thrown in the car. One of ours was the first in Texas as well! Be sure to get a set of jack stands too. It only takes one problem and you will never work on your car without jack stands again

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
i just got a $70 ac delco from Orielys my money went into better jack stands and tools.

ksimm92

Apr 28, 2012
Blckshdw said:
I bought this set a few months ago when it was on sale for $100 Only thing I wished was different, was that it was a speed jack, but other than that, works great for what I need. :twocents:

Craftsman 3 ton Floor Jack, Jack Stands and Creeper Set

^ I have the same thing, I love it. I also have the craftsman 3 ton high lift jack stands. I've had it for over 2 years and no issues, they might run a sale on it this holiday season...

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I have a Snap On jack for the house that seams like it is 100 years old but it works like new. Going to upgrade soon as I need a new set of jack stands too. For the truck for travel I have a bottle jack, quick to go up and down and work great for swapping to the spare. Note sure on the height think it goes to 25".

BOOMERZ

Dec 5, 2011
where can i find the wheelmate adapter ? and what would you use if you dont have sliders on your truck and have running boards ?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
BOOMERZ said:
where can i find the wheelmate adapter ?
It's a Hilift accessory, so they'll be together on the shelf at your favorite offroad store or web site. Please don't be asking me to Google it for you. :confused:
and what would you use if you dont have sliders on your truck and have running boards ?
Give up any plans for aggressive offroading. :wink: You won't be needing a Hilift either, then. At one point when I was a rank noob and the Roadiemobile was new, I thought running boards were mandatory. Turns out they're forbidden.

mud2.jpg

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
I've got a big ole jack for the garage. It was free and it's excessive.

For the trail a high lift and a lift mate will get the axle up. Then you just need to get something under the axle tube in the rear. Front takes a bit more imagination. But the stock jack can serve the purpose.

Get rid of the side steps if you're off roading and get some sliders.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online